FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[8/3/2019]Updated Android IMG Tools[Upto Android 9.0]

5,155 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,566

By Ricky Divjakovski, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 20th January 2019, 03:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2019, 03:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Divjakovski

thats quite odd, from looking into classy kitchen it seems that it does use make_ext4fs?
however i dont know how he has got it working, he tries hiding the functionallity of his tools quite abit, im guessing this is because of licensing issues preventing him to sell whats included in the tools and to stop other people from making a free version, the binaries are unpacked to %tmp%/BIN folder when processing a firmware, check it out

the free of classy kitchen just can build new img,if i know its working space,i maybe know it in Disk C,but i can't find it and dont't know the binaries unpacked where,i tryed to use make_ext4fs to build my pie img,it is not working,i sure Classy Kithen can,

27th February 2019, 03:15 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare_MYS

the free of classy kitchen just can build new img,if i know its working space,i maybe know it in Disk C,but i can't find it and dont't know the binaries unpacked where,i tryed to use make_ext4fs to build my pie img,it is not working,i sure Classy Kithen can,

the binaries are in the %tmp%\BIN folder
27th February 2019, 05:22 AM |#13  
Anyway this can be made to support Amazon boot images?

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs
27th February 2019, 11:15 AM |#14  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Anyway this can be made to support Amazon boot images?

Please upload the boot image and ill see if i can do this, ill also update the sources soon because i made a utillity to split the MTK header from an MTK ramdisk
27th February 2019, 01:27 PM |#15  
Quote:

Please upload the boot image and ill see if i can do this, ill also update the sources soon because i made a utillity to split the MTK header from an MTK ramdisk

Awesome. Thank you. I'll upload one as soon as I get home

28th February 2019, 03:54 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm trying to use img2sing.exe and getting "cygz.dll was not found" error. Is that file supposed to be in the zip?
28th February 2019, 04:54 AM |#17  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcv888

I'm trying to use img2sing.exe and getting "cygz.dll was not found" error. Is that file supposed to be in the zip?

that will be in your cygwin bin directory, either copy it from there to the same folder as the exe or or add the cygwin bin directory to your path environment variable
28th February 2019, 04:58 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

the binaries are in the %tmp%\BIN folder

i didn't find that,
28th February 2019, 06:42 AM |#19  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare_MYS

i didn't find that,

you have to run the progran and repack for it to appeart, as soon as its repacked the folder gets deleted
28th February 2019, 06:23 PM |#20  
Quote:

here is the boot.img from the Amazon Fire HD 10, 2017, firmware version update-kindle-40.6.0.5_user_605485120.bin. Thank you so much. Let me know if you need anything else. Just extract the .img from the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip boot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.00 MB, 20 views)
28th February 2019, 07:23 PM |#21  
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

here is the boot.img from the Amazon Fire HD 10, 2017, firmware version update-kindle-40.6.0.5_user_605485120.bin. Thank you so much. Let me know if you need anything else. Just extract the .img from the zip.

i can confirm this works with that boot.img, split the boot.img with unpackbootimg then unpack the ramdisk with gzip and cpio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)