FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What websites should I store these files to?

🅰️ Google Drive

0 Vote(s)
0%
🅱️ Mediafire

1 Vote(s)
100.00%

V8 SmartWatch ROM/FIRMWARE (FLASH REPAIR)

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By rakugakijo, Junior Member on 25th December 2018, 02:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I recently I bought a V8 smart watch thinking that I can “flash” program it, like my old & reliable DZ09, but it wouldn’t accept any other ROMs than v8. What made matter worst is that I even forgot to back up my firmware! Many complications occurred like, invert screen and uncalibrated touch screen.
F-lash-ast forward to about a week ago I bought the same watch, and to my surprise, I was able to extract the ROM successfully AND download it to my near brick v8 smart watch!

You’re probably wondering how? In about a week, I’m going be making an “update” video on how-to use these Flash Tool and extraction methods because when I initially started I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Before I finish this post and potential video, I will list some things I did that might help you out:

Backing up ROMS
-when entering a scatter file using Flash Tools, it doesn’t matter what you “upload to backup”. This is important because even an (red) ERROR message (near the four files you uploaded.) May look bad, but it’s NOT! All in all, you’re trying to back up NOT download yet. So if you see an error, you’re kinda heading in the right direction. (Leave it red)

After uploading a spoof scatter file, you have to use the read back service on Flash Tools. Remove whatever you see there and add and save to wherever you want to save the ROM file. It’ll then prompt two addresses you can alter. Don’t mess with anything except your LENGTH address. I was able to retrieve some info on the FAT address by highlighting over near the bottom on the Flash Tool app; that’s the info you want to use. I believe for my version, which was made in August 26 2018 it’s chipset/MTK6261 FAT LENGTH address is 0x00400000.
Once you’ve done that, use that ReadBack Extractor App to extract and rebuild the ROM file and it’ll give you 4-5 files to use for Flash Tools to DOWNLOAD firmware to your v8 smart watch.

And that pretty much wraps up what I did to successfully backup my “NEW”v8 smart watch rom and DOWNLOAD it to my other “BROKEN”v8 watch. Quite honestly, I didn’t want to buy another smartwatch so I refunded the BROKEN one and was still able to keep it, to just fund the new one...WHICH has the same firmware! The only thing now is to find a IMEI recovery tool to fix your IMEI. Because you duplicated the ROM it also saves the IMEI from that device to the other.

Additionally, most likely after the holidays, I’ll be uploading my firmware to this forum so you can use my backup, so keep an eye out for updates to this page. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to message me

25th December 2018, 05:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
V8 smart watch almost the perfect choice
26th December 2018, 07:04 AM |#3  

More
Please i need v8 rom of firmware
26th December 2018, 02:41 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
New York

More
Answer the poll that’s on top of the page and I’ll send you a message with the ROM files to that website.
27th December 2018, 06:10 PM |#5  

More
Please i need v8 rom of firmware i answer
Please i need v8 rom of firmware i answer Please send the files
The Following User Says Thank You to abdo741 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abdo741 Ad-Free
2nd January 2019, 04:34 PM |#6  
Flag carora
Thanks Meter: 3

More
@kos-greece Greetings friend here I have a firmware the only problem that I see is that the camera does not work.
3rd January 2019, 06:49 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdo741

I’m programming the file today and tomorrow so you’ll be able to fix your problem. I hope you had Holidays were as joyful as mine! I’ll keep you posted if there’s anymore updates!
The Following User Says Thank You to rakugakijo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rakugakijo Ad-Free
4th January 2019, 06:35 PM |#8  
Flag carora

More
@abdo741 Hi my friend i have the firmware but not working the camera do you want send you?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakugakijo

I’m programming the file today and tomorrow so you’ll be able to fix your problem. I hope you had Holidays were as joyful as mine! I’ll keep you posted if there’s anymore updates!

Thanks my friend have a problem my v8 not work the camera I appreciate your help please
5th January 2019, 01:44 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc81

@abdo741 Hi my friend i have the firmware but not working the camera do you want send you?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Thanks my friend have a problem my v8 not work the camera I appreciate your help please

Hi @abdo741 ! Please... can you share the firmware? I have a problem with my firmware...
5th January 2019, 04:16 PM |#10  
Flag carora

More
My friend any firmware works because the camera is no working i tested all Systems sorry my English https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MVn...?usp=shariorks https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MVn...ew?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

@rakugakijo bro you finish the firmware ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgc81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jgc81 Ad-Free
5th January 2019, 06:43 PM |#11  

More
Unfortunately, my problem continues. Apparently it is a firmware or clock problem.
The screen of my watch appears divided in two.
Did anyone have the same problem?

Attached some photos as you see.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Thank you very much to all!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)