FORUMS

Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge: Removing bloatware after 1-Clk-Root

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Canthigaster, Junior Member on 30th May 2020, 05:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Just picked up a carrier unlocked Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge model SM-G935V.
Now that I finally have a model which seems like it should be relatively easy to root, I would prefer to learn to do it using a PC ie flashing ROM, but I have no PC access right now.

My main question is:
After rooting my phone using a 1-click root method, will it be relatively easy for me to un-install ALL bloatware & eventually end up with a phone that's running just as efficiently as it would if I had picked out and flashed a good stripped down ROM using a PC instead of some 1-click method?

I'm also considering purchase and use of Super-sume Pro (if the job is done with Kingroot).

Any advice AT ALL regarding what I hope to do would be greatly appreciated... and jic it helps here s a little of my background:
I have NO successful experiences using TWRP or the like w other phones.. although I believe I came close!!... my last few phone picks turned out to be models which were pretty much impossible to root (locked bootloader was the common culprit best I could understand).... Otherwise I think I'd have been able to do at least 1 previous model the flash-rom way.
I DO have A lot of general experience w PCs and have successfully rooted a few phones using 1 click Android software such as Kingroot, but at that time I did not fully understand or hope to remove bloatware to cool battery or otherwise dial in best performance.
It's been at least 3 years since I last performed a 1 click root on any phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance... I really appreciate everyone & everything at XDA.
30th May 2020, 06:04 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canthigaster

Just picked up a carrier unlocked Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge model SM-G935V.
Now that I finally have a model which seems like it should be relatively easy to root, I would prefer to learn to do it using a PC ie flashing ROM, but I have no PC access right now.

My main question is:
After rooting my phone using a 1-click root method, will it be relatively easy for me to un-install ALL bloatware & eventually end up with a phone that's running just as efficiently as it would if I had picked out and flashed a good stripped down ROM using a PC instead of some 1-click method?

I'm also considering purchase and use of Super-sume Pro (if the job is done with Kingroot).

Any advice AT ALL regarding what I hope to do would be greatly appreciated... and jic it helps here s a little of my background:
I have NO successful experiences using TWRP or the like w other phones.. although I believe I came close!!... my last few phone picks turned out to be models which were pretty much impossible to root (locked bootloader was the common culprit best I could understand).... Otherwise I think I'd have been able to do at least 1 previous model the flash-rom way.
I DO have A lot of general experience w PCs and have successfully rooted a few phones using 1 click Android software such as Kingroot, but at that time I did not fully understand or hope to remove bloatware to cool battery or otherwise dial in best performance.
It's been at least 3 years since I last performed a 1 click root on any phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance... I really appreciate everyone & everything at XDA.

DEAR MODERATOR
PLEASE KILL THIS POST/THREAD
I think I placed it in the wrong location.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread