IT MIGHT BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
Always ensure you have a way back.
Here is a thread about my fork of Koush's Superuser, to handle SELinux: https://github.com/seSuperuser/Superuser
So I would like your help to make this SuperUser a proud opensource SU app!
If you have an application that requires root, and which needs specific SELinux configuration please ask!
Build bot: https://superuser.phh.me/
Currently, four flavors of su are available on the build-bot:
- "eng" which puts "su" in permissive mode. This is the most compatible mode, but you should trust the apps you give root to. This does NOT put SELinux in permissive mode.
- "noverity" is eng and dm-verity disabled
- "nocrypt" is eng, dm-verity and dm-crypt disabled
- "user" is meant to give a safe su. su-apps won't be able to access to your Android Pay (for instance) informations, or keep persistent su access without your consent
Please note that user is in heavy development and isn't up to its promises at the moment.
I setup a build bot, which generates boot.img based on my solution, and pushes them to https://superuser.phh.me/
I did this build bot in a way so it is easy to add new ROMs, so don't hesitate asking for new ROM/devices support.
Supporting new devices might mean some additional work on http://github.com/seSuperuser/super-bootimg/ if they are using non-standard boot.img format, but the aim is to support as many devices as possible.
You need to install the APK from PlayStore afterwards: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....phh.superuser
Here are some devices, but there are many more !
- A *lot* of Archos devices
- All Nexus-es, including Pixel C (if some Nexus is missing, just ask!)
- nVidia Shield TV
- nVidia Shield Tablet
- Fairphone 2
The zip is available at https://superuser.phh.me/superuser.zip
It should be able to root any device supported by super-bootimg from TWRP (and possibly other custom recoverys)
You still need to install the APK afterwards. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....phh.superuser [url]https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=me.phh.superuser[url]
update.zip successfully tested on...
- HTC A9
- HTC M8 GPE
- HTC M9
- Nexus 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
- LG G4
- nVidia Shield Tablet
- I stopped counting there.
update.zip can be configured
In the update.zip, there is a config.txt, which defines some changes made by the zip. You can edit this config.txt.
Valid keywords are:
- eng makes su SELinux-permissive
- power makes su SELinux-enforced, but with every rights known of
- user makes su SELinux-enforced, but possibly safer
- noverity disables dm-verity
- nocrypt disables encryption
- nocrypt_all disables encryption on all partitions, not just /data (possibly works better than nocrypt, but breaks adoptable storage)
- Testers from different devices
- Stock ROM/Device maintainers: With the auto-build bot, it is fairly easy to add new devices/firmwares (https://github.com/phhusson/super-bo...merhead/MRA58N describes a firmware, nothing device-specific). This only requires to do some PRs to add a device, or on updated firmwares
- UI designer: The current UI dates back from 4.1...? It is really ugly and not really usable.
- Root-related devs: SELinux policies are still being written
- Security reviewers
If some app doesn't work, please ask me, not the dev.
I consider I have to fix support for other apps, not the other way around.
2016-01-31 r170: superuser.zip can be included in other update.zip
2016-01-27 r166: Add support for Viper4Android
2016-01-15 r162: Add su --bind and su --init commands
2016-01-10 r154: Files are no longer copied multiple times. Fixes MultiROM, and multiple install for update.
2016-01-06 r152: Fix support for ChromeOS-like format (Pixel C)
2016-01-01 r144: Detect chromeos-style signature, and don't try to resign it in that case
2015-12-30 r143: Improved compatibility with apps.
2015-12-28 r142: Changed naming convention to include device name and release
2015-12-28: Added "nocrypt" target
2015-12-13: Added "noverity" target to buildbot
2015-12-13: Add options for noencrypt, noverity
2015-12-03: Fix TitaniumBackup
2015-11-24: mount --bind to /system/xbin/su if it exists to override ROM's su
2015-11-23: Fix CF.Lumen
2015-11-14: Add super-bootimg's version in boot.img, several network/firewall-related permissions
2015-11-11: Access to Android's services
2015-11-10: Recursive su access
2015-11-09: Fix pm disable command