Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] chrulri's DroidTV mod [changed stream backend to MuMuDVB]

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By sfortier, Member on 14th September 2014, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!
I changed chrulri's DroidTV DVB viewer application to my needs:
1. Changed dvb stream backend from dvblast to MuMuDVB (changed udp unicast to http unicast)
2. Did not try anymore to play the channel on app, now you can choose the video player (no codec problems, Brazilian ISDB-T latm-aac/AVC support)
3. Reception status information displayed
4. Notification to rapidly stop the stream server.

What you need to run:
1. Rooted phone
2. DVB-T (ISDB-T) kernel module drivers (loaded!).

How:
1. Plug your dvb device (with a otg cable)
2. Run the program
3. Grant root access
4. Scan for channels
5. Select a channel to stream
6. Touch on "open player"
7. Select the player to use (I like bsplayer)
8. Enjoy live FTA DTV

*** All thanks to chrulri!!!

Source: https://github.com/OuNao/droidtv/tree/mumudvb
Attached Files
File Type: apk DroidTV.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.35 MB, 731 views)

12th December 2014, 04:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
getting FC with this apk:
D/ChannelsActivity( 3136): watchChannel(0): BBC ONE Lon
I/Timeline( 3136): Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.chrulri.droidtv time:23860947
I/ActivityManager( 2588): START u0 {cmp=com.chrulri.droidtv/.StreamActivity (has extras)} from pid 3136
E/dalvikvm( 3136): Could not find class 'android.support.v4.app.NotificationCompat$Builder ', referenced from method com.chrulri.droidtv.StreamActivity.addNotification
W/dalvikvm( 3136): VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 24 (Landroid/support/v4/app/NotificationCompat$Builder in Lcom/chrulri/droidtv/StreamActivity;
D/dalvikvm( 3136): VFY: replacing opcode 0x22 at 0x0000
D/dalvikvm( 3136): DexOpt: unable to opt direct call 0x0020 at 0x02 in Lcom/chrulri/droidtv/StreamActivity;.addNotification
D/StreamActivity( 3136): onCreate
D/AndroidRuntime( 3136): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 3136): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x416d2ce0)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): Process: com.chrulri.droidtv, PID: 3136
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: android.support.v4.app.NotificationCompat$Builder
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at com.chrulri.droidtv.StreamActivity.addNotification (StreamActivity.java:212)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at com.chrulri.droidtv.StreamActivity.onCreate(Stream Activity.java:94)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5 231)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(I nstrumentation.java:1087)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(A ctivityThread.java:2169)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(Ac tivityThread.java:2271)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThre ad.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Activit yThread.java:1205)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 2)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:5146)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:796)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:612)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3136): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 2588): Force finishing activity com.chrulri.droidtv/.StreamActivity
W/ActivityManager( 2588): Force finishing activity com.chrulri.droidtv/.ChannelsActivity

according to http://igordcard.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ssnotfoun.html To fix this, developers must now explicitly export the Android Private Libraries.

Fix:

Open the properties of your Android projects (even the ones that are included by other projects), select Java Build Path, Order and Export, and finally check Android Private Libraries.

I am new to android development, I have android studio though, is the above correct and easy to do?
13th December 2014, 07:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
well to answer my own post, I fixed that problem and rebuilt the apk, vlc and mxplayer are offered as media players when the stream starts by neither can play it. I have bsplayer installed but that is not offered as an option for some reason. I believe that dvb-t in the uk is mpeg2, so either none of the players can play the stream or the kernel modules that I built are streaming garbage. the dongle works find on my linux laptop with me-tv.
going to try some other players now, not sure how to check a valid stream is being produced though.
12th June 2015, 12:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could you please share your repaired apk? thank you
3rd September 2015, 06:02 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scote

well to answer my own post, I fixed that problem and rebuilt the apk, vlc and mxplayer are offered as media players when the stream starts by neither can play it. I have bsplayer installed but that is not offered as an option for some reason. I believe that dvb-t in the uk is mpeg2, so either none of the players can play the stream or the kernel modules that I built are streaming garbage. the dongle works find on my linux laptop with me-tv.
going to try some other players now, not sure how to check a valid stream is being produced though.

Thank you for the tip. I will change de code.

The streamActivity initiate a intent with a url of type video/mpeg, any program with intent filter set to get a http (mumudvb branch, not master!!!) url of video/mpeg type must be offered...
What kernel version you are using. I compiled the mumudvb binary with kernel 3.4 headers. Maybe the mumudvb backend used canĀ“t work with your kernel modules...
23rd September 2015, 08:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
sfortier, could you rebuild all native binaries adding to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS "-fPIE -pie", so your setup would run on any Android 5+?
I already did that for w_scan, dvblast and dvblastctl, but since you did not include instructions how to download and build MuMuDVB for android I can not do it myself.
Thanks in advance.
11th January 2016, 04:40 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_i_t_o

sfortier, could you rebuild all native binaries adding to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS "-fPIE -pie", so your setup would run on any Android 5+?
I already did that for w_scan, dvblast and dvblastctl, but since you did not include instructions how to download and build MuMuDVB for android I can not do it myself.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

MuMuDVB repository now has instructions to build for android...
29th March 2016, 01:52 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi,

Seeing as the version w_scan is not available to download, could someone recompile this with the latest version and create an APK?
Especially to run on a 5+ Android phone, with PIE.

Thanks,
E
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, dvb, mumudvb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)