By guitardedhero, Senior Member on 25th January 2018, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2020, 09:19 PM |#4741  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 688

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnShitzhu

It says on the install log there is no need to flash magisk so I did not.

For troubleshooting purposes, uninstall all the modules, uninstall magisk, flash your phone back to stock, and make sure it works in the first place. Follow the instructions for your phone in order to do this.
Then follow the instructions specific to your phone EXPLICITLY to go back to stock. Then use the phone for a few days and make sure it works properly.
Then you can re-address each phase of your project--rooting, custom recovery, etc., step-by-step to make sure it works for a day or so along the way.
This way you'll see what's messing up.
The Following User Says Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbergonzi Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 04:45 AM |#4742  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takaani

On Android 10 for Pixel devices, I can mount everything up to mirror. I cannot mount /sbin/.magisk/mirror/system and beyond and was unable to edit the manifest. Is there other ways to fix it?

I'm also on Android 10 on Pixel 2XL. I remember I was having the same problem on the stock rom, I forgot how exactly I fixed it. I think I mounted /sbin/.magisk/mirror/system_root, and modified it through there.
I didn't get the same problems mounting when using LineageOS though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Fear

this made a bootloop for my op7p running pa rom. i had to re flash the rom to fix it

That's very weird. I suspect you accidentally pasted it in the wrong place or overwrote a required entry in the file, but I don't have your device/ROM so I can't be sure.
Quote:

I'm a bit confused here. Not sure where to add the code. Literally after the first line or after the manifest version line?

After the manifest version line.

Also the latest version posted here seems to have additional debug messages and looks like it tries to mount and patch the vintf/manifest file properly. I'd say give that a try before attempting the fix I described earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to g3v0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift g3v0 Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 11:40 AM |#4743  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3v0

That's very weird. I suspect you accidentally pasted it in the wrong place or overwrote a required entry in the file, but I don't have your device/ROM so I can't be sure.

you made me doubt myself so i reflashed new doldy rc1 , pasted your code after manifest version (5th line for me)
but it caused bootloop again .. and i had to reflash the rom..
i'm not saying sth is wrong with your code just wanted to warn 7p users it seems like its not compatible with our device
28th June 2020, 12:29 PM |#4744  

More
Quote:

you made me doubt myself so i reflashed new doldy rc1 , pasted your code after manifest version (5th line for me)
but it caused bootloop again .. and i had to reflash the rom..
i'm not saying sth is wrong with your code just wanted to warn 7p users it seems like its not compatible with our device

When you flash the dolby zip, does it say registration success or failure? If success, then that means the entry already exists, so adding a second copy would cause a bootloop.

I'd also make sure that the dolby libraries are loaded properly after flashing/reboot (run "su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger" in the terminal).
28th June 2020, 12:53 PM |#4745  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3v0

When you flash the dolby zip, does it say registration success or failure? If success, then that means the entry already exists, so adding a second copy would cause a bootloop.

I'd also make sure that the dolby libraries are loaded properly after flashing/reboot (run "su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger" in the terminal).

yeah it says success .. but the problem is after flashing the module, dolby app doesn't open when i press it .. although i tried sony dolby recently , it opens
but power toggle doesnt work and i cant change equalizer (it says dolby is off)
29th June 2020, 01:59 AM |#4746  

More
Quote:

yeah it says success .. but the problem is after flashing the module, dolby app doesn't open when i press it .. although i tried sony dolby recently , it opens
but power toggle doesnt work and i cant change equalizer (it says dolby is off)

Can you attach the output of "su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger" and a logcat of launching/crashing the app?

I'm copy-pasting the bug report notes from the Telegram channel below:
Quote:

Bugs Reporting Guide

1) If daxUI is not opening provide magisk_install log after installing debug zip.

Also check if Dolby service is registered:

Code:
su -c grep dms /system/etc/vintf/manifest.xml
If it is then it might not be running (root shell):
Code:
ps -d | grep dms
Which is usually because you are Enforced, check with:
Code:
getenforce
DMS is required to execute in order to create the database file in /data/vendor/dolby .

One good sign of a healthy DMS process is the creation of db file at every boot.
Remove dB file with
Code:
rm -r /data/vendor/dolby
And after a reboot check if it has been recreated with
Code:
ls /data/vendor/dolby/
(exception for g8p port).

In case that file is missing the UI will Force Close. App will also FC if it can't communicate with dms, despite database file existing.

2) If audio is not processing provide dumpflinger log :
Code:
su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger > /sdcard/dumpflinger.log
You might need to disable any stock audio effects, turning them off via UI might not be sufficient.

3) Other issues might require sharing logcat with filter for "dolby", "dlb" or "dms" using matlog reader, logcat reader or any similar apps.

3rd July 2020, 04:07 PM |#4747  
Flag Russia
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakunTech1010

Update!
New DolbyAtmos RC1 debug version
Changelog:
+ only some installer debugging messages
+ conditional vintf mounting
The zip used for debuging and diagnosing. Use and grab Magisk Install log if your Dolby is not working
Download file will inside DolbyAtmosRC Folder in here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...thJ5a0hhvpZN7a

Dolby works but why is the interface empty at the bottom ?
P.S. Android 10 AOSP rom (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200701-225536.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	5053083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200703-201151~01.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	5053085  
4th July 2020, 08:31 AM |#4748  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

Then you can re-address each phase of your project--rooting, custom recovery, etc., step-by-step to make sure it works for a day or so along the way.
This way you'll see what's messing up.

Flashed LazyKernel and Evrything seems to work. Thanks for the assist

However I noticed the sound turns off for like for a millisecond on high decibal parts of songs. I'd have to decrease volume by 1 or 2 step to limit that
4th July 2020, 12:46 PM |#4749  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:

Flashed LazyKernel and Evrything seems to work. Thanks for the assist

However I noticed the sound turns off for like for a millisecond on high decibal parts of songs. I'd have to decrease volume by 1 or 2 step to limit that

Congrats on having fixed it.
If you don't have an ACDB flashed, that might help. I know ACDB is only for if you have other sound mods, but guitardedhero recommended it anyway.
You might try other Dolby versions also to see if it helps. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbergonzi Ad-Free
8th July 2020, 04:50 PM |#4750  
Flag Russia
Thanks Meter: 629

More
After a conversation on the phone, Dolby ATMOS processing disappears.
Android 10 AOSP rom (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5)
8th July 2020, 10:18 PM |#4751  
Flag Mesa, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noskojv

After a conversation on the phone, Dolby ATMOS processing disappears.
Android 10 AOSP rom (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5)

Any other sound mods? ACDB Installed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atmos, audio, dolby, mod, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)