837 posts
Thanks Meter: 707

Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2020, 10:53 AM |#1171  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a011528

So i got the 4K device from gearbest (7 days from HKG) and returned non 4K version to the Mi Store - had to forefeet 10% reduction in refund price as i had used it!

My First impressions between the two - might be useful for those considering which one or maybe a swap.
The Noise level on the 4k version is at min 10 DB louder than the International (non 4K) version.
The interface on the 4k is worse vs the international version (mostly because the Chinese UI) (English translation aside) . So android 9 is way better.on the International Version.
Keystone correction (OMG) i thought it had 8 point on the 4K vs the International Version, but turns out its even worse, it doesn't have any real keystone correction, you can tilt up or down with some wired adjustment - which is totally terrible, the non 4K international version has 4 keystone corrections and is better.
3D plays - but for some reason i cant get my Acer 3D (E4W) DLP link glasses to work - i read some earlier posts about some Glasses not working - i'm still testing and dont know why some work and dont work - seems odd.
4k is obviously a plus but TBH i ran them side by side for an hr (before i had to take the other back to the store), and since most stuff is in 1080p i'm not sure if the move has been worth it from a $$ perspective, again i have a large 3D collection so getting that working is key for me, but having to fork more $ out on new glasses for this projector, also kinda defeats the object.
I have a Optima UST fixed screen and both projectors worked very well, if i play 4k content it does beat the non 4k version for sure.

hope this helps others.
Im interested in which 3D glasses anyone has got working on the 4k version

In terms of brightness who wins?
21st January 2020, 03:42 PM |#1172  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX_DIO

In terms of brightness who wins?

TBH i'd say the international came across better
The Following User Says Thank You to a011528 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a011528 Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 09:07 PM |#1173  

More
Tried to chat with xiaomi on Messenger...no answer... so i twitted tagging them about this issue. I made an hastag for it, if you want to contribute... #xiaomilaserprojectorhdmigate
22nd January 2020, 06:37 AM |#1174  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi all, does anyone know how to uninstall updates from apps?
In the app menu setting does not appear the option "uninstall update".
Any help?
Thanks
M
22nd January 2020, 01:44 PM |#1175  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoltista

Hi all, does anyone know how to uninstall updates from apps?
In the app menu setting does not appear the option "uninstall update".
Any help?
Thanks
M

Hi

Witch system to you have.
Android 9.0 or MIUI TV
22nd January 2020, 02:16 PM |#1176  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodenn

Hi

Witch system to you have.
Android 9.0 or MIUI TV

on the 4k device, i now have MIUI TV & Android 6. The other device was returned to Mi Store but started with 8.1 + OTA to 9
22nd January 2020, 03:24 PM |#1177  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HDMI issue since Android 9 update
I've just got an answer from xiaomi's french support team. they are aware of the issue and engineers are tring to find a solution ASAP.

We just have to wait now... -_-
22nd January 2020, 03:34 PM |#1178  

More
Quote:

on the 4k device, i now have MIUI TV & Android 6. The other device was returned to Mi St├Âreinfl├╝ssen but started with 8.1 + OTA to 9

Hi

I have the same android 6 and miuitv. you can root the system with spocky's instructions than you have
google play store in your projector and you can install all apps. Its perfect work from spocky.

The instruction you can found on side 2

BR

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by keke92140

I've just got an answer from xiaomi's french support team. they are aware of the issue and engineers are tring to find a solution ASAP.

We just have to wait now... -_-

What you mean with HDMI?

On the chinese version i have no problem withe HDMI. And in the setup menu you can choose that HDMI start automatically. works good
22nd January 2020, 03:35 PM |#1179  

More
Quote:

Hi

I have the same android 6 and miuitv. you can root the system with spocky's instructions than you have
google play store in your projector and you can install all apps. Its perfect work from spocky.

BR

Yes - ill be doing just that

do you or anyone know if it will be possible to add Keystone correction min 4 point ? or am i stuck with tilt (its a night mare to try and get it to fit mu fixed screen and i still have not achieved it
22nd January 2020, 03:57 PM |#1180  

More
Quote:

Yes - ill be doing just that

do you or anyone know if it will be possible to add Keystone correction min 4 point ? or am i stuck with tilt (its a night mare to try and get it to fit mu fixed screen and i still have not achieved it

You go in setup menu then on display than on keystone correction and here on the left buton. You can choose 4 or 8 points.
22nd January 2020, 04:56 PM |#1181  

More
Quote:

Hi

BR

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

What you mean with HDMI?

On the chinese version i have no problem withe HDMI. And in the setup menu you can choose that HDMI start automatically. works good

Please read previous posts. It is an issue that has affected many users of 1080 white global version after android 9 tv update last friday. Other models have not been affected
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)