853 posts
Thanks Meter: 722

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2020, 12:32 PM |#1561  
Flag Baden
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys
I know this thread is about rooting and flashing the projector, but I just got mine and I'm really happy with it.
One thing that bothers me is a high pitched noise coming from the projector. You can hear it even from 5 meters apart.
Does anybody else expierence this?

You can hear the noise in both videos I attached. In the second you also hear it disappearing when I shut down the projector.
It sounds like something is turning now the speed. Can this be a fan?

Video 1
https://youtu.be/9M1knS_yFlA

Video 2
https://youtu.be/sNeCIhG4kDA
23rd May 2020, 03:40 PM |#1562  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroi

You can try Button Mapper.
Add a broadcast intent action to a long-press button (I chose the ALL_APPS button) with this intent : com.fengmi.projector.imaging.action.START_FOCUS. You may also need to enable the "alternative button handling" (or something like that, sorry I don't know the exact term in english) in advanced settings.

Awesome that’s great, I bought the button mapper app and it works perfectly, thx.

I also now have a Tasker profile that starts on boot, waits 10 Minutes, runs the intent, presses the back button after 12 seconds and repeats the procedure in 10 minute invervals for 3 times.
That's a dirty workaround, but the best Idea I had, let's see if it works in the evening when watching movies.

PS.: If someone could tell me where these values get saved after focusing, I could do more.

Regards,
Klaus
24th May 2020, 11:57 AM |#1563  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I have a humble request to Mickael..... do you think it would be possible to implement Xposed in your app (I tried installing Xposed myself, but I couldn't get it to work using the MIUI Xposed version and had to reset to factory settings). Or maybe there's another way to set DPI and padding per app? I'm using the 'Easy DPI changer' which works perfectly for the launcher, I can set padding to 150% on each side and get the launcher perfectly fitting on my screen. But other apps cannot handle these numbers.
24th May 2020, 08:49 PM |#1564  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj666jp

Thank you so much tihsamikah, you pointed me to the right direction.

Check my video here : https://youtu.be/geVQZxHYTXM
The ribbon cable seems to be the source of our problem.
**edit: in fact, it's what you meant by 'pushing the DLP black cable in a bit further'**

As you told : The box is too tight when the projector is closed.
When the box is closed, the ribbon cable get compressed

So my problem was not only the cover touching the black DLP ribbon cable, but also the grey rubber tape tightening it too strongly.
And the front part can't be tightly closed or late display on a cold boot appears again.

Hi. I'm having issues with my 4K projector now.
Problems started a few months ago out of the blue, projector took ages to display a picture after booting.

I eventually did what the quoted message did. I removed the case, I released the ribbons on the DLP cable and I also dremeled the case it self on the inside to make a bigger clearance to the hardware.
That all worked for fine for another 2 months, but now it is acting up all again.

Boot-up is slow and the image is full of white vertical lines and purple horizontal lines when the image first starts to appear. Eventually the purple lines dissappear and so do the white vertical lines as the projector gets warm. But I'm now stuck with black lines on the left hand side of the screen - even after hours of use.

I have tried removing the projector case again and randomly tried to fondle with the DLP ribbon cable without any luck of either removing the black lines or fixing the boot issues (boot-up is not a big problem).

Anyone got any experienced these prolonged black lines before?
(DLP rainbow effect in my attachment is only visible on the phone camera)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200524_213317.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	5025791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200522_201747.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	5025793  
25th May 2020, 02:19 AM |#1565  

More
Hi,guys!

I have a Fengmi 4K Cinema projector (Chinese Version) , I rooted it susscefully. And Remove some useless application.
I removed some system applications without backup,now I got a clean system.
But when I try to conntect the HDMI by Mi ProjecTivy Tools . The screen black but had voice from HDMI source,few seconds later , it will back to the home
So I can't use any HDMI ports cause it not work. I think maybe I removed some important system applications lead to the issues.

I want to flash the Stock Rom by TWRP .I downloaded the stock rom zip and extract to usb drive root. I couldn't flash the stock rom to restore projector.
When I try to flash it. Command line shows quickly about 2 seconds and TWRP will reboot everything not change.

Anyone have the same problem?
If the stock rom couldn't flash at all , may I use someone's backup files to restore? (but i don't have it )
Or reinstalling the system apps which I removed. (i don't have it,too )
25th May 2020, 12:09 PM |#1566  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uskey051

Hi,guys!

I have a Fengmi 4K Cinema projector (Chinese Version) , I rooted it susscefully. And Remove some useless application.
I removed some system applications without backup,now I got a clean system.
But when I try to conntect the HDMI by Mi ProjecTivy Tools . The screen black but had voice from HDMI source,few seconds later , it will back to the home
So I can't use any HDMI ports cause it not work. I think maybe I removed some important system applications lead to the issues.

I want to flash the Stock Rom by TWRP .I downloaded the stock rom zip and extract to usb drive root. I couldn't flash the stock rom to restore projector.
When I try to flash it. Command line shows quickly about 2 seconds and TWRP will reboot everything not change.

Anyone have the same problem?
If the stock rom couldn't flash at all , may I use someone's backup files to restore? (but i don't have it )
Or reinstalling the system apps which I removed. (i don't have it,too )

Have you tried just the standard procedure to reset to factory settings by booting into stock recovery? (I think it's unplugging cable, pressing back button and 'ok' button on your remote while pluigging back in the cable)?
25th May 2020, 02:01 PM |#1567  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio62000

Have you tried just the standard procedure to reset to factory settings by booting into stock recovery? (I think it's unplugging cable, pressing back button and 'ok' button on your remote while pluigging back in the cable)?

I tried , unplugging cable, pressing back button and 'ok' button on your remote while pluigging back in the cable and it still came in TWRP without pluged USB drive
25th May 2020, 09:07 PM |#1568  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1ve

Hi. I'm having issues with my 4K projector now.
Problems started a few months ago out of the blue, projector took ages to display a picture after booting.

I eventually did what the quoted message did. I removed the case, I released the ribbons on the DLP cable and I also dremeled the case it self on the inside to make a bigger clearance to the hardware.
That all worked for fine for another 2 months, but now it is acting up all again.

Boot-up is slow and the image is full of white vertical lines and purple horizontal lines when the image first starts to appear. Eventually the purple lines dissappear and so do the white vertical lines as the projector gets warm. But I'm now stuck with black lines on the left hand side of the screen - even after hours of use.

I have tried removing the projector case again and randomly tried to fondle with the DLP ribbon cable without any luck of either removing the black lines or fixing the boot issues (boot-up is not a big problem).

Anyone got any experienced these prolonged black lines before?
(DLP rainbow effect in my attachment is only visible on the phone camera)

Here are images a couple of minutes after boot-up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200525_220309.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	5026567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200525_220328.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	5026569  
26th May 2020, 04:34 PM |#1569  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Add a broadcast intent action to a long-press button (I chose the ALL_APPS button) with this intent : com.fengmi.projector.imaging.action.START_FOCUS. You may also need to enable the "alternative button handling" (or something like that, sorry I don't know the exact term in english) in advanced settings.

I tried but the feature was locked, you have to pay for the app right ?
27th May 2020, 08:22 AM |#1570  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyptit

I tried but the feature was locked, you have to pay for the app right ?

I guess so, I have the pro version of the app.
28th May 2020, 08:10 AM |#1571  

More
Quote:

Is there a list of these commands somewhere?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)