Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector tools

769 posts
Thanks Meter: 642

Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2018, 03:40 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I've ripped the "backup" archive that is a flashable update image of the stock image, used by the machine when you do "system restore" in recovery.

Basically here is the stock rom for the model 01 "rainmain" at last.

https://mega.nz/#!jY40SCQR!2gPjpPxzo...zWqU3eZGUz7kb0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to servo386 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift servo386 Ad-Free

20th October 2018, 12:10 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
#1 and #2 posts edited, adding many details, roms links...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2018, 10:47 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,

Thanks again guys for the effort you put on this.
I bought the hdmi breakout and a usb ttl and followed the instructions (very clear, thanks again for this) and backed up everything as you did but didn't root the device yet.
Are my .win backup files usefull to anyone (Wemax 7000) or do you need me to root the device to make the dump as spocky12 suggested?
I don't know how interesting my Chinese rom would be to others though...
Anyway it's good to know that we could flash the device with the android 8.1 rom when it will be available.
If you know anyone having the english rom, I would be willing to send him my cable to make a backup of his.
Cheers
25th October 2018, 08:42 PM |#14  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhordies

Hi,

Thanks again guys for the effort you put on this.
I bought the hdmi breakout and a usb ttl and followed the instructions (very clear, thanks again for this) and backed up everything as you did but didn't root the device yet.
Are my .win backup files usefull to anyone (Wemax 7000) or do you need me to root the device to make the dump as spocky12 suggested?
I don't know how interesting my Chinese rom would be to others though...
Anyway it's good to know that we could flash the device with the android 8.1 rom when it will be available.
If you know anyone having the english rom, I would be willing to send him my cable to make a backup of his.
Cheers

Thank you for your message. Glad you managed to follow @servo386's intructions. If you don't mind, I'd be interested in your .win files, to validate a few assumptions I have.
Concerning the international model, unfortunately, as of now, no owner seems to be willing to take the plunge. Hopefully it'll change soon enough.
27th October 2018, 04:25 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
For hackers out there, I found a tool that might prove helpful to build customs roms or repack roms using international model paritions (once somebody will dump it).

It's AMLogic Tools 5.5.0 that can be found here. I haven't had time to read the full thread yet. There might be valuable information there.
You can use it with the stock rom (935) from @servo386 that I specifically extracted and repacked with latest (1074) recovery (stock "backup" rom does not ship with recovery, which is needed by AmLogic Tools).
You can use the "customization tool" to easily extract/repack a rom that can be flashed in recovery or with special Amlogic USB flash tool.
There is also a tool that can "convert" a classic recovery to TWRP recovery (but supposedly only works with S905/S912. Might be interesting to check what is needed to make it work on our chip)

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert at building custom roms in Android (the latest custom rom I built was for Windows Mobile 6.1) (Great. I'm feeling old now ). I'm not quite sure what is allowed to be flashed with our bootloader. I haven't tried to flash anything yet, as if I brick the projector, my wife will probably kill me . But I suppose that if the custom built firmware doesn't embed bootloader/recovery, most errors will be recoverable by flashing the stock rom again.

If you want to test, don't forget to call the built rom "update-rainman.zip" and to put it in the root folder of an USB device along with this file.
31st October 2018, 01:11 AM |#16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Hey, it's me again
Some of you might be interested in an update to a more recent (but beta) version for wemax/chinese Mi projector.
I added a link to OTA from 1074 (1.3.74, built on May 4th) to 1189 (1.3.95d, built on Oct 12th) in the second post (yes, it's still Android 6.0.1)
To install it, just extract the zip file to the root of a USB thumb device and follow the procedure to boot into recovery mode. The update will be automatically installed (approximately 5 minutes will be necessary). You won't lose any data (well, unless there's a power cut during the update process ).

I haven't tested much, but here are the changes I've seen :
- most menus (settings) are in english now
- new settings options (the only one still in chinese) : automatic power off after 10 minutes of inactivity (doesn't seem to work, though)
- new volume UI
- Karaoke app added
- new animations during recovery installation
- wmv3 video format support added

As a side note, I've found a reference to an upcoming Xiaomi Laser projector in code, that wasn't there before : MiProjLAS2, codename batman.
31st October 2018, 03:22 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocky12

I added a link to OTA from 1074 (1.3.74, built on May 4th) to 1189 (1.3.95d, built on Oct 12th) in the second post (yes, it's still Android 6.0.1)

Thank you so much for your work.
The file to update to the current beta is only 55Byte in size. Nothing happens when plugging in the USB stick.

===============================

I had two xiaomi laser projectors so far.
Projector 1 had dead pixels after 3 weeks of use. Here are the key figures from the engineering menu.
Here projector number 331 from 2018 calendar week 3:

Here projector number 331 from 2018 calendar week 3
It had a great contrast: 5382:1

The one complained to gearbest and got an exchange(Projector 2).
Here projector number 1196 from 2018 calendar week 13:

Here projector number 1196 from 2018 calendar week 13
Contrast: 2441:1

Projector 2 unfortunately has too little contrast and is very blurred at the edges. Currently exchange projector 3 is on its way.

.bismarck
31st October 2018, 03:30 PM |#18  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your message. Comparing data from different projectors is really interesting.

Concerning the link, my bad, I've updated it to the right file, you can download it again if you wish.
The Following User Says Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2018, 04:36 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks spocky12, just loading the beta

When Projektor3 has arrived, I put the values from the menu here.

Edit: I copied the unzipped archive into the root of the USB stick. But nothing happens when inserting the stick.

.bismarck
31st October 2018, 07:36 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
You have to follow the procedure to boot into recovery. Either use :
- "ADB reboot recovery" if you have ADB
or
- unplug your projector, keep your remote "ok" and "back" pressed and plug your projector back in. It will boot into recovery and automatically start the update process.
(Your usb thumb drive should be formatted in fat32 and both files placed in its root folder).
The Following User Says Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2018, 01:48 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Awesome @spocky12 did you capture an incoming OTA update, is that how you got this? I have my updates disabled so I wouldn't know.

We've gotta reverse engineer how these update scripts work and just make a pre-rooted firmware and/or one that only installs the modified TWRP, I think thats the only way we're gonna make root widespread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)