FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector tools

769 posts
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2019, 10:53 AM |#631  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
has anyone come across a setting that allows you to move the projector's settings menus to a different location on the screen, for example to the middle? every projector i've owned has this, i.e. if you don't want the settings menu to pop up on the far right for example, you can set it to pop up in the middle of the screen, top of the screen, bottom, etc.... thanks!
 
 
6th August 2019, 12:51 PM |#632  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
You tube
Hi just to inform people with the 4k laser Projector chinese version. may wok for others
I followed the thread and used magisk to get the google ATV . Doing this i noticed that netflix , prime video were not functional and you tube did not run with your credentials. This is not true anymore
You tube is now working fine . (latest update from the play store and it works like a charm)
I am still awaiting solutions other than the chromecast for netflix and prime . (i have tried with vpn but no way)
6th August 2019, 01:57 PM |#633  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey folks, I'm totally happy with my modded/rooted projector Batman thanks so far for ur help
I have one open question left. I looked up many Dada sheets an a few forums, but I can't find the maximum supported data volume for connected Hard drives via USB :/ any tips or experiences for my 4k chines model?
6th August 2019, 08:30 PM |#634  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
newbie
Hello All,

I rooted into my Wemax A300!

Thank you all!
8th August 2019, 10:02 PM |#635  
spocky12's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shklif

thanks a lot, it works.
Only question about resolution. YouTube doesn't show 4k, 1080 only.
In Android settings also 1080.
Shall I change it 4k, if so what's the frequency?

Well, there are 2 different things :
- the resolution internally used by the projector to display the image. It is with no doubt [email protected] This will be used for video rendering.
- the resolution used by the window manager to display the interface. This is set to 1080p. It can be changed (read a few pages back or wait for the updated version of my miproj tools). However, this leads to a laggy interface (not sure why this so called "high end" soc, specifically dedicated to high resolution tvs and projectors can't manage to render the android UI in 4k without lags).
Concerning youtube, it either checks the window manager resolution to propose 4k or another build.prop value. But it ALSO requires VP9 codec to be supported by hardware, which doesn't seem to be the case. If you want to test, just download "smart youtube tv", where you can force the codec/resolution. Anything vp9 in high res will result in a few images per seconds at most.
It's up to google to support h265 for 4k streaming, but I've understood they don't do it because they want to push VP9 codec (and it also apprears that Apple Tv 4k doesn't support vp9 either, so...)

As for the display parameters in the android settings, it changes the 1st parameter I explained above : the resolution internally used by the projector. And it appears it fails to detect it's using 2160p, so it checks 1080p on the list. But if you valid 1080p again, you'll see that the interface goes crazy. And if you chose 4k2k60Hz, you'll see that it just doesn't change anything to the display (indeed, because the projector already uses this parameter).

So to sum it up :
- don't bother changing display settings in android parameters, it already uses 2160p
- you can change the window manager to force the UI to render to 4k, but the price you pay is you lose the smooth interface
- you can force youtube to display 4k in smart youtube tv, but it won't work as expected as long as they only propose VP9 codec for 2k/4k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matanmi12

So everything is working flawlessly! Except one but annoying issue: user apps are unable to write to the external usb. I'm trying to watch movies in popcorn time but it's unable to download large torrents (that are larger then my free space on the internal sd). Any ideas?

No idea, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas1

has anyone come across a setting that allows you to move the projector's settings menus to a different location on the screen, for example to the middle? every projector i've owned has this, i.e. if you don't want the settings menu to pop up on the far right for example, you can set it to pop up in the middle of the screen, top of the screen, bottom, etc.... thanks!

Unfortunately, this is harcoded in the settings app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsarnelli

Hello All,
I am trying to rooted into my Wemax A300!
Thank you all!

Is there a question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms92

Hi just to inform people with the 4k laser Projector chinese version. may wok for others
I followed the thread and used magisk to get the google ATV . Doing this i noticed that netflix , prime video were not functional and you tube did not run with your credentials. This is not true anymore
You tube is now working fine . (latest update from the play store and it works like a charm)
I am still awaiting solutions other than the chromecast for netflix and prime . (i have tried with vpn but no way)

Thanks for reporting. In fact, it's been working for almost a year now, but depending on the Youtube version you use, it either refused to install, refused to launch or worked as expected. Sometimes, a working version would refuse to install, don't know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraWhiskyGolf

Hey folks, I'm totally happy with my modded/rooted projector Batman thanks so far for ur help
I have one open question left. I looked up many Dada sheets an a few forums, but I can't find the maximum supported data volume for connected Hard drives via USB :/ any tips or experiences for my 4k chines model?

I've been using a 240GB "KingDian portable SSD", with no problem so far.
12th August 2019, 10:21 PM |#636  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
By any chance does anyone know if it's possible to pair a universal remote to the wemax one pro and be able to turn the device on and off? Also is there a way to upgrade the Chinese version to international? In other words upgrade it from Android 6.0 to Android 8.0? Last time this question was asked was back in November so was wondering if there is any progress. Also anyone know of any ROMs being built for this projector? Anyways thanks for the help and clarification.
13th August 2019, 07:27 AM |#637  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Stuck in reboot loop
Hi All, I was working on restoring the build.prop file on my 4k to revert the changes (as mentioned in a previous post I edited
/system/build.prop to add sys.display-size=3840x2160, and separately, setting the ubootenv vars:
ubootenv.var.4k2k60hz_x=0
ubootenv.var.4k2k60hz_y=0
ubootenv.var.4k2k60hz_w=3840
ubootenv.var.4k2k60hz_h=2160)

I did so by using the file manager and copying the old build.prop over. But after that the projector is stuck in a reboot loop! The fan makes some noise, the lamp seems to fire up, but I see nothing on the screen. Then, there is some silence (thus sounding like a reboot), and the sequence continues...

Anyone had a similar problem before?

Cheers,
X

Edit: Since I couldn't power off from the remote, I "hot-unplugged" it, so I thought I won't be able to go into recovery mode. But it still worked and I'm in the chinese menu for recovery. Phew... let me see what to do now...
The Following User Says Thank You to xldy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xldy Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 12:07 PM |#638  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi. I have oryginal google launcher. From google stroe it is not possible to download netflix - device not supported. Ok so I downloaded from aptoide however on desktop there isn`t shortcut to it. I can lunch it only from aptoide menu . Is it possible to add shortcut for apk`s from other sources than play store ?
15th August 2019, 12:29 PM |#639  
Senior Member
Flag FDS
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor1230

Hi. I have oryginal google launcher. From google stroe it is not possible to download netflix - device not supported. Ok so I downloaded from aptoide however on desktop there isn`t shortcut to it. I can lunch it only from aptoide menu . Is it possible to add shortcut for apk`s from other sources than play store ?

Aptoide sideload Channel

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk
15th August 2019, 01:11 PM |#640  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandman1701

Aptoide sideload Channel

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk

Ok I will try to find it , on aptoide is not avaiable.
One more question how to enable HDMI 2.0 ? After firmware/rooting and other jobs I have only 1080p on xbox one x . I remember that it was accesible in home buton when long pressing it but now I dont see it.
17th August 2019, 11:54 PM |#641  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
For best experience with oryginal androit tv launcher an making shortcuts for some non visible apps like netflix (only one best thing ):
https://github.com/ITVlab/TvAppRepo/releases/tag/1.1.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes