[APP] Xiaomi Mi Led/Laser Projector/TV tools

794 posts
Thanks Meter: 665

Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2019, 09:09 PM |#791  
Flag TriCity
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hello, is it normal that I can't install anything from Google Play, every illness ends in error. Installations with Aptoide Tv work correctly.

Wysłane z mojego MI 8 Explorer Edition przy użyciu Tapatalka
9th October 2019, 10:42 PM |#792  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Thanks for your feedback ! Unfortunately, I can't reproduce these bugs on my fengmi 4k :

1. You are right tried it just now and it works like you say so strike this off as non-issue
2. Didn't try this one again today but the reboot prompt sounds like a good idea to start fresh.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote:

.This can't be fixed. The config files show that vp9 is supported up to 1280x1280, changing them won't improve the decoding speed

So you think this is a SOC limitation? And why is DRM info app showing that Widevine L1 is supported?

Have to check though if it is because I did the magick plugin..
10th October 2019, 12:55 AM |#793  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 665

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaudii

Hello, is it normal that I can't install anything from Google Play, every illness ends in error. Installations with Aptoide Tv work correctly.

First post explains it all : you need to enable the accessibility service from my tools.
10th October 2019, 07:06 AM |#794  
Flag TriCity
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks, I saw it but in version 3.0 I didn't find this fix

Edit:
Sorry for the confusion, did not I read, Version 3.0 is a little different, I read, I applied, installations and upgrades are working properly.

10th October 2019, 02:42 PM |#795  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@spocky12
Hi, I have some question about:
"fix : fixed compatiblity with Netflix (not the Tv version, unfortunately, but the interface is totally usable). Due to missing DRM support, resolution is limited to SD. Users with a previous version of my Tools installed, please uninstall/reinstall the custom props overrides to apply the fix."
Are you working to add compatibility with tv version of netflix? Is it possible to see one day resolution FHD on netflix directly from Xiaomi laser projector?
10th October 2019, 03:12 PM |#796  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question
Thanks you spocky12 for the new version and the awesome job you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihsamikah

as for the hours - I've only had the projector for a few months, and yes it just got progressivly worse.
its not an overheating issue (in terms of how hot Australia is at the moment) as I've had the projector during our winter - so it was only getting up to 20 or so degrees C.

Good Point you noted mmmalas on your comments on sending the projector back to get fixed.

you would have to trust they would actually repair it, and if they sent it back to you would have to pay import tax again.

I purchased mine off Gearbest - and using their support helpdesk they were pushing for ME to contact the manufacture to get it repaired - and weren't very helpful.
but once I used paypal to contact them, they changed their tune pretty quick - and were either going to give a piss weak refund ($650 AUD) or let me send it to Hong Kong to repair.

I sat on that thinking about the best decision, but for the reasons you indicated I'm not going to waste my time.

I'm quite happy to crack my projector open and have a look at reflowing the solder - might have a look on the weekend.

I'm experiencing the same difficulties with their helpdesk, they are playing a dumb game. I'll try to go to the paypal ticket option, as I received my projector since only a month.
I gave a negative feedback on the projector they sent me, but I don't think they will publish it .

For me too, it's not an overheating issue. It seems we all have random issues due to what mmmalas described (PCB need reflowing).
I could video record an issue I never had before :
After all the white dots, white lines, no display, colours bug problems, here come the frozen split boot logo issue :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ivoYlfBTs

I think many of us are waiting your photos if you're opening it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmalas

you are a star,
so it seems you do not even need to remove the board at all, as its the first one on top.

on the bottm layer of the PCB is the LED driver (what they call laser), you do no need to touch that.

the chip is facing upward when you remove the top cover (black L shape).

there is not enough High res pictures \ video around, but it looks its the iChip or the Thine Chip or the DLPC3 whatever number comes after it.

to test it out, without removing the chip. point heat gun at the chip for 5-10 minutes, then power on the projector.
if it turns on right away, then you got your chip, otherwise then its not the right chip.

if that the case, wait for the PCB to cool down and heat gun the next chip.

you do not need to remove any board (other than android ones, as you need to open the projecto9r) but this one slots in, with no cables. so should be easy to test out if its fixed

Finding and Fixing the issue seems difficult,
I thought that our problems was from faulty solders on DMD chip,
but Ti DMD chips seems to be mostly solderless, (maybe this one?) : http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/dlp470te.pdf

So if this PCB is crappy, don't we have to reflow the full PCB and not just one chip?

Aren't we all taking a risk by using the device while it's faulty?
From the Ti PCB Design requirement Datasheet for DMD here : http://www.ti.com/lit/an/dlpa080/dlpa080.pdf
I can read this type of warning :
"Do not allow power to be applied to the DMD when (...) signal pins are not being driven",
"it is critical to prevent (...) intermittent power connections (...) because irreversible DMD micromirror array damage (...) can occur"
10th October 2019, 07:44 PM |#797  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj666jp

Thanks you spocky12 for the new version and the awesome job you're doing.

I'm experiencing the same difficulties with their helpdesk, they are playing a dumb game. I'll try to go to the paypal ticket option, as I received my projector since only a month.
I gave a negative feedback on the projector they sent me, but I don't think they will publish it .

For me too, it's not an overheating issue. It seems we all have random issues due to what mmmalas described (PCB need reflowing).
After all the white dots, white lines, no display, colours bug problems, here come the frozen split boot logo issue :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ivoYlfBTs

I think many of us are waiting your photos if you're opening it first.

Finding and Fixing the issue seems difficult,
I thought that our problems was from faulty solders on DMD chip,
but Ti DMD chips seems to be mostly solderless, (maybe this one?) : http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/dlp470te.pdf

So if this PCB is crappy, don't we have to reflow the full PCB and not just one chip?

Aren't we all taking a risk by using the device while it's faulty?
From the Ti PCB Design requirement Datasheet for DMD here : http://www.ti.com/lit/an/dlpa080/dlpa080.pdf
I can read this type of warning :
"Do not allow power to be applied to the DMD when (...) signal pins are not being driven",
"it is critical to prevent (...) intermittent power connections (...) because irreversible DMD micromirror array damage (...) can occur"

It cant be the dmd chip. Dmd is just bunch of tiny mirrors that can be switched on and off based on input signals, I had and repaired repaired my fair share of Sony 4k projectors (those were LCOS) so different way of operating.

My point still that this is reflowing issue since it does not work well on cold. And work flawlessly when warm/ hot.

It's not the whole pcb you want to reflow. It's one of the four chips on it.
10th October 2019, 07:46 PM |#798  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj666jp

yep thats the same with me

I used their normal support forum, and they were just asking me to chase the supplier for a "brush" system (what ever that is), and I said how is that supposed to help a hardware issue.
but - soon as I contacted them through paypal - bam - a (very partial) refund offer, or an offer to return to hong kong.

for me - I'm unfortunately busy this weekend and I won't have a chance to look at the projector.

EDIT - and I just accepted the partial refund on paypay - $697 AUD and I get to keep the projector.

while I'm annoyed, I don't have time to muck around returning the item, etc...
I'm keeping my eye out for another short throw projector -

looking at the Optoma Technology CinemaX P1 HDR XPR 4K UHD

maybe if I get this working - it can go in my "man cave" lol
10th October 2019, 08:46 PM |#799  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmalas

It cant be the dmd chip. Dmd is just bunch of tiny mirrors that can be switched on and off based on input signals, I had and repaired repaired my fair share of Sony 4k projectors (those were LCOS) so different way of operating.

My point still that this is reflowing issue since it does not work well on cold. And work flawlessly when warm/ hot.

It's not the whole pcb you want to reflow. It's one of the four chips on it.

But maybe that is a chip problems it could be a faulty series off that chips. Because some people get this problems after half year and others after one month.
10th October 2019, 09:18 PM |#800  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homar80

But maybe that is a chip problems it could be a faulty series off that chips. Because some people get this problems after half year and others after one month.

I have no idea why you are arguing about it. Do you have hand on experience repairing projectors?

Or electronics repair.

Can you explain how faulty chip is faulty consistantly at low temp, but works flawlessly once temp goes above certain point?

What you are doing here is confusing the public with baseless assumptions

I am not trying to be harsh. But remember that whatever you write. You need to owe to it down the line. when others reading your post.
you are entitled to your opinion, but please mark it as such

Problem showing months down the line prove the opposite of what you are saying.
Faulty is faulty from day 1.

Down the line means expand and shrink with usage
There are multiple indicators that point to this.
11th October 2019, 10:15 PM |#801  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but I cannot figure out how to enable to "accessibility service"

When I go into accessibility services there are 4 main options: "Talkback", "Select to Speak", "Switch Access", "Mi ProjecTivy tools".

There are then a election of other options, but nothing that seems to relate to Google Play... Am I missing something?

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but I cannot figure out how to enable to "accessibility service"

When I go into accessibility services there are 4 main options: "Talkback", "Select to Speak", "Switch Access", "Mi ProjecTivy tools".

There are then a election of other options, but nothing that seems to relate to Google Play... Am I missing something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)