Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Xiaomi Mi Led/Laser Projector/TV tools

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 682

Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2019, 07:01 PM |#941  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
So, got anyones problems solved by opening the device? Just ordered one yesterday and now found this because I wondered if I could root it.

Does anyone have this problem after some weeks or months? Should I try to step back from my order?
1st December 2019, 09:26 PM |#942  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodenn

hi
i have the fengmi 4k with mui tv.
now i would root. the batman twrp can i start with adb from pc but the big proplem is, when i go to mount i can click cache,system, put i can not click usb. what is it the proplem. i have change the usb port but here is the same proplem.

can i help me

thanks

hi
i try 3 differente usb key before it work i don't know why but some was not reconized
2nd December 2019, 12:11 AM |#943  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexouille1

hi
i try 3 differente usb key before it work i don't know why but some was not reconized

hi

what to you mean with usb key.
i think the usb port is locked when i start the batman twrp 3.2.2.0.
twrp can start and i can to mount (system,cache,usb) but i can not click by the usb. when i go to system and than go to udisk can i not see magisk zip. on the usb i have magisk.zip. i will root the projector that i can all apps (playstore, youtube, and and and.

i dont no what is the problem.

the usb stick is not the problem olso i can boot.

or is the batman not for the fengmi 4k
2nd December 2019, 01:35 PM |#944  

More
Please help
Sorry, i just got the fengmi 4k yesterday, but i found that the noise is very high, it seems not from the fan. It just like electric sound, anyone same as me, can this problem been solve?
2nd December 2019, 03:02 PM |#945  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemach

@spocky12 Thanks for your support.

Is there any option to turn off the "launcher" function that set your app as a launcher? Any time that i use your app i have to set again the atv launcher as default launcher...

Cheers.

MiProjecTivy Tools is just declared as an alternative launcher, as a failsafe option so that people who disable stock launcher without installing another one don't need to reflash full firmware. It doesn't force anything, so if you have ATV also installed, using the home button will ask you which launcher you want. In this popup, if you select ATV and the button "use as default launcher" (or something like this), it should no be bothering you again with the Mi ProjecTivy tools. Hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea200

I have checkerboard error and can’t get into boot menu at all any ideas how I can flash full rom back onto device... all problems started when google play service added. Rooted successfully but as soon as google loaded system unstable and eventually went to checkerboard and boot menu can’t be accessed by holding down buttons on remote? Anyone ideas welcome. As I now have a 2k black brick

Not sure I understand well. You're saying that after enabling the MiProjecTivy Tools Accessibility firmware, you got the checkerboard screen ? Could you please give me more details ? What is your device ?
Concerning your issue, just let your device totally boot to android and use the shutdown remote control button to power it off. Then download the full firmware for your device, extract it to a usb device and boot your projector as required to start stock recovery (remember : it will only work if your properly shut it down before) : the recovery will detect it and automatically flash it with no input needed on your side.

Quote:

hi
i have the fengmi 4k with mui tv.
now i would root. the batman twrp can i start with adb from pc but the big proplem is, when i go to mount i can click cache,system, put i can not click usb. what is it the proplem. i have change the usb port but here is the same proplem.

can i help me

thanks

You don't need to mount usb, "udisk" is automatically mounted (as long as you don't unplug/replug it) and will contain the contents of your usb device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capstan12

So, got anyones problems solved by opening the device? Just ordered one yesterday and now found this because I wondered if I could root it.

Does anyone have this problem after some weeks or months? Should I try to step back from my order?

It seems to only affect mijia 4k users (not all of them). Opening the device has fixed the issue for a few users who reported here. Seems it didn't work for all people though.

Quote:

hi

twrp can start and i can to mount (system,cache,usb) but i can not click by the usb. when i go to system and than go to udisk can i not see magisk zip. on the usb i have magisk.zip. i will root the projector that i can all apps (playstore, youtube, and and and.

"usb key" = "usb thumb drive" in french
If you don't touch your usb device (ie : don't unplug / replug it, or try to mount/unmount usb or udisk ), udisk should indeed list what is available on your usb drive. Udisk is mounted really early in the system boot process, in order to read custom recovery or firmware files, so if you could boot twrp (meaning it could read twrp in udisk), I can't see a reason you can't find your other files as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawai.jolly

Sorry, i just got the fengmi 4k yesterday, but i found that the noise is very high, it seems not from the fan. It just like electric sound, anyone same as me, can this problem been solve?

Well this is a known issue and is "by design" on 4k devices (batman). But I don't know if it varies among devices or if they all produce the same noise. Usually, setting your device brightness to "highlight" instead of "movie" will decrease this high pitch noise (at the expense of producing more heat, thus ramping the fans up). Or you could just patient until you get older and you don't hear very high frequencies anymore
2nd December 2019, 03:53 PM |#946  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

hi

Hi
usb key or drive is same for me

first time i try to root my projector
I use one usb stick and i never manage to see and find the zip file on it.
i spend 1 hour trying everything and when i change for another one (samsung) everything work that's why i said that after i don't why
2nd December 2019, 04:41 PM |#947  

More
Managed to successfully install this today on my new 4k projector! Thank you so much for such awesome software.

A few things -

- It may be worth including in the root tutorial how to enable developer mode/ USB Debugging on the batman projector - you have to click "device name" 5 times in the about section of the settings menu and then go back to main settings menu and select "account & security" then enable ABD debugging. I've noticed every reboot this goes to the off state - which will prevent users from using accessing it via ADB.

- May also be worth mentioning that you need to use a USB dongle to be able to access the USB stick and mouse at the same time - the batman projector only has one USB port so unless you have a wireless/bluetooth mouse - you will need this

- I am confused as to how I can set my projector to 4K Resolution - which settings menu am I to do this from?

- Is it possible get the old interface back without removing my Google interface?

- Any updates on getting the Chromecast function working?

Thank you!
3rd December 2019, 12:16 AM |#948  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexouille

Hi
usb key or drive is same for me

first time i try to root my projector
I use one usb stick and i never manage to see and find the zip file on it.
i spend 1 hour trying everything and when i change for another one (samsung) everything work that's why i said that after i don't why

thanks for your fast answer,

i have take a another usb stick, but is the same problem.

i have 2 files on my stick. the twrp batman unzip an the zip from magisk 19.4.
i can not access on the stick.
the memory size from intern i can see. 5600mb but by the usb is it 0

mhh

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawai.jolly

hi

i have the same problem. it is not the fan.
the hight sound coming when to you see the withe symbol from fengmi by starting. when to you go on off symbol on the remote controll an than of sreen off than the hight sound is out. i have write this problem with video on banggood but no reaction. i buy never from this seller.

when you have i idea than write me
3rd December 2019, 01:05 AM |#949  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpritchard

Managed to successfully install this today on my new 4k projector! Thank you so much for such awesome software.

A few things -

- It may be worth including in the root tutorial how to enable developer mode/ USB Debugging on the batman projector - you have to click "device name" 5 times in the about section of the settings menu and then go back to main settings menu and select "account & security" then enable ABD debugging. I've noticed every reboot this goes to the off state - which will prevent users from using accessing it via ADB.

- May also be worth mentioning that you need to use a USB dongle to be able to access the USB stick and mouse at the same time - the batman projector only has one USB port so unless you have a wireless/bluetooth mouse - you will need this

- I am confused as to how I can set my projector to 4K Resolution - which settings menu am I to do this from?

- Is it possible get the old interface back without removing my Google interface?

- Any updates on getting the Chromecast function working?

Thank you!

Hi,
Thanks for your message.

- help on accessing dev options is already described twice in the 1st ("to enable "developer options", see here") and 2nd post ("Enable USB debugging in Android settings / developer options"). Xiaomi's framework automatically disable it on each reboot, but if your device is rooted and you install "build props overrides", it will stick.
- batman and rainman have 2 usb ports, one on the rear, one on the right side.
- don't bother forcing UI to 4k, more details here
- yes, just freeze "leanback launcher" and unfreeze "stock launcher"
- this depends on Google, so we probably won't have it anytime soon.
3rd December 2019, 04:05 AM |#950  

More
Checkerboard
I am using a wemax Chinese version. Rooted revice and tried to plug on Xbox one x and changed windows resolution to 4K worked ok but then installed google play services to get rid of stock Chinese menus, this resulted in double images and artifacts being show on screen like a 3D image wide by side. Can I flash with rom file without the need for accessing the bootloader menus as nothing works on the unit. Always giving me checkerboard when booting up always now.
3rd December 2019, 10:04 AM |#951  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea200

I am using a wemax Chinese version. Rooted revice and tried to plug on Xbox one x and changed windows resolution to 4K worked ok but then installed google play services to get rid of stock Chinese menus, this resulted in double images and artifacts being show on screen like a 3D image wide by side. Can I flash with rom file without the need for accessing the bootloader menus as nothing works on the unit. Always giving me checkerboard when booting up always now.

Concerning the fix, I've already answered your question above.

Quote:

Concerning your issue, just let your device totally boot to android and use the shutdown remote control button to power it off. Then download the full firmware for your device, extract it to a usb device and boot your projector as required to start stock recovery (remember : it will only work if your properly shut it down before) : the recovery will detect it and automatically flash it with no input needed on your side.

I also need a few more data :
- What is your exact device model (wemax a300 or previous wemax versions ?)
- How did you change windows resolution to 4k ? Using MiProjecTivy Tools ?
- Did you enable the MiProjectivy Tools accessibility service ?
- You said that after installing google play service, it "resulted in double images". Could you please tell me exactly what you did ? When did it display these "double images" ? Just after installation ? After a reboot ? After you got into Android Tv settings and try to change the device resolution in the menu ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi laser projector, miproja1, wemax, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)