Originally Posted by JD. A
The latest gapps package seems to have problems with syncing contacts. I've tried with multiple clean flashes while following the OP. Anyone have the same problem?
From the bitgapps telegram channel (might be good to subscribe to these things)
/* BiTGApps Fixes */
Error: No Google Contacts Sync in Accounts under Settings app.
Here's How You Can Fix It
• Open Settings app.
• Click on Apps & Notification.
• Check all permissions for GooglePlayServices, whether allowed or not. If all permission denied, Allow them.
• On upper right corner there is a three dot menu. Click on Show system app.
• Search for Google Contacts Sync app.
• Check whether Contacts permission is allowed or not for that app. If disabled, please allow Contacts permission so that it can Sync Google Contacts.
• A restart maybe required.
About above issue, in some ROMs all permission denied for Google Play Services after clean flash installation. I am still unaware of why this happens. If you ended up with no Contacts Sync in Settings < Accounts. Just follow steps from above post. I will update XDA post with an F&Q based on this.
Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs