FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ARM64][GApps][12th Jan 2020][P/Q]NikGApps

1,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,121

Post Reply Email Thread

Hi Everyone,

Here I'd like to Introduce you with my custom Gapps package that I use on day to day basis when I flash a new Rom. As I've observed many people struggling with finding the correct version of gapps to flash, I decided to build a package of my own which lets you flash stable google apps with a lot of variants so you can decide for yourself which package suits you.

What is NikGapps?
NikGapps project started with the goal to provide custom gapps packages that suits everyone's needs. A package that a user needs but cannot find and ends up setting up the device installing more apps and removing unwanted apps manually.
  • NikGapps is a gapps package built from my own device. As my device is always updated with latest version of Google Apps, every time I build a new package, I am on latest and stable version of Google Apps
  • NikGapps is a bit different than other Gapps packages. It focuses on providing apps that most of the people uses but can't find it in other Gapps packages and ends up installing the apps manually
  • NikGapps doesn't have stock YouTube, instead it has YouTube vanced. It doesn't have Pixel Launcher, instead it has Lawnchair launcher
  • NikGapps allows you to dirty flash it anytime you want
  • NikGapps also comes with nikgapps .config and debloater.config which allows you to control your installation and debloat unnecessary stuff from your Rom respectively.
  • NikGapps also comes with addon packages (useful ones) so that users don't have to flash the whole gapps package just to have the app installed.
  • Unlike few other gapps packages, NikGapps doesn't disable the Privileged Permission Whitelisting property, providing the necessary permissions to the privileged apps.
  • It supports addon.d so you need not flash the package again and again after every nightly flash
  • It also allows optimizing Google Play Services (when you turn off Find My Device) so that you can sleep with peace without having to worry about Google play services eating your battery.
Also, since these are custom build, I can include as many packages as I want (which I do, you can pm me if you want that package)

NikGapps comes with following packages
» Core
» Basic
» Omni
» Stock
» Full

Although these packages cover a large user base, there are few users who like things differently that is where NikGapps Addons Comes into picture. These Addon packages are separate and meant to flash over NikGapps original packages.

Everything about NikGapps

Flashing Instructions for A/B devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
  • Flash Rom in Slot A, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
  • Flash Rom in Slot B, Flash twrp, reboot to recovery
  • Flash Magisk (Optional)
  • Flash NikGapps
  • Flash Debloater (Optional)
  • Reboot

Flashing Instructions for A-only devices (Clean Flash is recommended)
  • Flash Rom
  • Flash Magisk (Optional)
  • Flash NikGapps
  • Flash Debloater (Optional)
  • Reboot
Note: The thread will only be updated if enough users find it useful.

Enjoy the package! hope it helps you somewhat!

Downloads
The Following 110 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 03:08 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Credits
» osm0sis (for the shell scripting template)
» Arya (for logo and his suggestions and help)
» Vanced Team (for YouTube Vanced)
» maartenfonville, nezorflame for creating and maintaining opengapps
» Lawnchair Team (for Lawnchair)
» HootanParsa (for MixPlorer)
» xXx (for his NoLimits module - Amazing work!)

Frequently Asked Questions

ChangeLog
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 03:36 AM |#3  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

Sent from my Poco F1 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shahabazas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shahabazas Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 04:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabazas

Hey can we have a package which will replace the default ROMs aosp apps like Google calendar, Google clock, Google dailer, Google contact, google message, google calculator, google gboard, youtube vanced, pixel launcher and wallpaper, Latest Gcam with all the goodies like playground ar sticker included if you cant provide it in a single zip then provide gcam all in one zip separately. Rest all other apps can be downloaded but these apps are needed as default apps in the ROM.

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher
28th March 2019, 06:42 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealMarcGeneson

+1 to this but without the pixel launcher because I like the built launcher

I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 06:46 AM |#6  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil

I'll create one tomorrow. I'll exclude pixel launcher as we can install it separately and there are ported versions available which are preferred over stock.
As for ar sticker in Google camera, I'll create a separate addon zip as the file size will increase tremendously and not everyone wants to install it.

Ok can you let me know how to install pixel launcher or any other launcher by replacing the default launcher

28th March 2019, 06:55 AM |#7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 51

More
i will report my feedback later on lineage OS

EDIT:

Well for me its more comfortable using your mod in comparison with opengapps just because acelerate the setup of the phone, it has all that i need too, the only problem that i see is that a person who need more apps isn't the best, in that way probaly its better opengapps, anyway, the thing that contain youtube vanced is the best for me, so i really appreaciate your mod of gapps, thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to eLaDiio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eLaDiio Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 10:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:

Great suggestion. +1

28th March 2019, 11:55 AM |#9  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Also please see if we can have basic Google addons like Digital Wellbeing, Google TTS, ARCore, Backup and Restore libs. . 😊
The Following User Says Thank You to asifzbaig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asifzbaig Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 01:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
The idea for the project is great, but to satisfy the configuration of everyone is kinda imposible. With opengapps we can customize each part that we want and I think the ultimate goal for this one could be like that, creating a "master package" with a small config file to just install the components we need (or just delete them from the zip file, with instructions of course)
The Following User Says Thank You to pipyakas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pipyakas Ad-Free
28th March 2019, 04:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
This is a great idea, for starters can you post which all apps are included in the uploaded zip?
The Following User Says Thank You to DivyanshuJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DivyanshuJ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, nikgapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)