Remove All Ads from XDA

[ARM64][GApps][12th Jan 2020][P/Q]NikGApps

1,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,121

Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2019, 04:32 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
This is a great idea, for starters can you post which all apps are included in the uploaded zip?
The Following User Says Thank You to DivyanshuJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DivyanshuJ Ad-Free
29th March 2019, 06:05 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahabazas

Ok can you let me know how to install pixel launcher or any other launcher by replacing the default launcher

Let me know the path of default launcher, I will create a flashable zip for you which will replace the default launcher with pixel launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLaDiio

i will report my feedback later on lineage OS

Sure, hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifzbaig

Also please see if we can have basic Google addons like Digital Wellbeing, Google TTS, ARCore, Backup and Restore libs. . 😊

Yeah, actually I missed Digital Wellbeing in the package that I created, I will include in next build. Backup and restore libs are included I believe. No?
ArCore will be provided as an add on zip soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyakas

The idea for the project is great, but to satisfy the configuration of everyone is kinda imposible. With opengapps we can customize each part that we want and I think the ultimate goal for this one could be like that, creating a "master package" with a small config file to just install the components we need (or just delete them from the zip file, with instructions of course)

You're right, I used to create aroma gapps when I had Mido with me, unfortunately poco doesn't support aroma installer, that makes it difficult to serve everyone.

May be I will implement a way in which I will ask user to provide an input while installing a particular Google app through NikGapps (vol + button for 'yes' and vol - button for 'no'). Will have to check its feasibility. till then, I will provide 2 packages, one which is shared in OP and the other one with all the Google apps replacing stock aosp apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuJ

This is a great idea, for starters can you post which all apps are included in the uploaded zip?

Certainly! Thanks for the tip!

I personally create a package which includes latest magisk, the kernel I prefer to flash, Google Sans fonts, some cool ringtones, notification tones, my favorite browser, mixplorer, SwiftKey, telegram, adaway, fk app, etc. In one zip. It pretty much covers all the basic apps. Let me know if anyone is interested in such kind of zip.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
29th March 2019, 07:34 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil

May be I will implement a way in which I will ask user to provide an input while installing a particular Google app through NikGapps (vol + button for 'yes' and vol - button for 'no'). Will have to check its feasibility. till then, I will provide 2 packages, one which is shared in OP and the other one with all the Google apps replacing stock aosp apps.

It doesnt have to be aroma, currently Im still using custom opengapps config by a gapps-config.txt file that got read before it tries to install gapps. Making a script that determine some on off value should not be that bad, not that I know about how to actually code it
30th March 2019, 05:45 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i will report my feedback later on lineage OS

EDIT:

Well for me its more comfortable using your mod in comparison with opengapps just because acelerate the setup of the phone, it has all that i need too, the only problem that i see is that a person who need more apps isn't the best, in that way probaly its better opengapps, anyway, the thing that contain youtube vanced is the best for me, so i really appreaciate your mod of gapps, thanks

A person who need more apps? Like which apps?
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:

It doesnt have to be aroma, currently Im still using custom opengapps config by a gapps-config.txt file that got read before it tries to install gapps. Making a script that determine some on off value should not be that bad, not that I know about how to actually code it

Yeah, can you share your custom opengapps? I can code it but it will take some time.
30th March 2019, 05:55 AM |#15  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

A person who need more apps? Like which apps?
Thanks for the feedback!

like maps, google photos, gmail could be.
Is it possible change the gcam that it include by default for the sannity mod? i think it's better, anyway isn't a problem for me install the other apk
30th March 2019, 07:09 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

Yeah, can you share your custom opengapps? I can code it but it will take some time.

It's an official feature of opengapps, I didn't make anything
https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...es-and-Options
The Following User Says Thank You to pipyakas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pipyakas Ad-Free
30th March 2019, 09:16 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

like maps, google photos, gmail could be.
Is it possible change the gcam that it include by default for the sannity mod? i think it's better, anyway isn't a problem for me install the other apk

It's certainly possible. The package I use personally has all these apps in it. Not everyone uses all the Google apps hence I included the bare minimum ones and the essential ones specific to our device.

Quote:

It's an official feature of opengapps, I didn't make anything
https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...es-and-Options

OH! I never paid this much attention to opengapps since I had been using my gapps for a long time
Thanks for sharing! I'll certainly work on something which allows users to have a choice.
30th March 2019, 12:14 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

OH! I never paid this much attention to opengapps since I had been using my gapps for a long time
Thanks for sharing! I'll certainly work on something which allows users to have a choice.

Yes, if choices is an option then it would be much cooler.
Also, do you have any experience with microg? Since if it's possible to to a package like this but with microg for people who wants to use the Google apps without the excessive battery & data hog nature of google play service, then it would be even better
31st March 2019, 05:03 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, if choices is an option then it would be much cooler.
Also, do you have any experience with microg? Since if it's possible to to a package like this but with microg for people who wants to use the Google apps without the excessive battery & data hog nature of google play service, then it would be even better

I do have experience with microg but like I said earlier, I build the package from my device and I don't use microg as of now (last I used, it was unstable, couldn't use apps dependent on google libs like uber, not sure about it's current status) and building a package without having microg installed is not possible for me. However, I'm inclined to take requests/suggestions with regards to current package that I am providing.
31st March 2019, 06:22 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Update!
Downloads
NikGapps Basic
NikGapps Stock

Changelog:
-Updated to latest version of Google Apps (30th March)
-Included Digital Wellbeing in basic version of NikGapps
-Introduced NikGapps Stock (Google Apps Package which replaces stock aosp apps with Google Apps. More details in OP)

Updated OP with the name of the apps included in corresponding gapps package. I'll provide an addon zip for ARCore later.
Enjoy!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
31st March 2019, 09:29 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

Downloads
NikGapps Basic
NikGapps Stock

Changelog:
-Updated to latest version of Google Apps (30th March)
-Included Digital Wellbeing in basic version of NikGapps
-Introduced NikGapps Stock (Google Apps Package which replaces stock aosp apps with Google Apps. More details in OP)

Updated OP with the name of the apps included in corresponding gapps package. I'll provide an addon zip for ARCore later.
Enjoy!

The Stock set is great, eventhough personally I would've liked to have the Dark version of Vanced and

- It doesn't include GoogleSetupWizard meaning you don't have to go through the tedious process of setting up the account during first boot

also means that I have to keep a pico opengapps set to setup a rom first. All my SMS/wifi passwords/contacts and more is still in the Google backup that can only be restored during a Setup Wizard
The Following User Says Thank You to pipyakas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pipyakas Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, nikgapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)