Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil

Downloads
NikGapps Basic
NikGapps Stock

Changelog:
-Updated to latest version of Google Apps (30th March)
-Included Digital Wellbeing in basic version of NikGapps
-Introduced NikGapps Stock (Google Apps Package which replaces stock aosp apps with Google Apps. More details in OP)

Updated OP with the name of the apps included in corresponding gapps package. I'll provide an addon zip for ARCore later.
Enjoy!

The Stock set is great, eventhough personally I would've liked to have the Dark version of Vanced and

- It doesn't include GoogleSetupWizard meaning you don't have to go through the tedious process of setting up the account during first boot

also means that I have to keep a pico opengapps set to setup a rom first. All my SMS/wifi passwords/contacts and more is still in the Google backup that can only be restored during a Setup Wizard
The Following User Says Thank You to pipyakas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pipyakas Ad-Free
31st March 2019, 04:15 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2,118

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyakas

The Stock set is great, eventhough personally I would've liked to have the Dark version of Vanced and

- It doesn't include GoogleSetupWizard meaning you don't have to go through the tedious process of setting up the account during first boot

also means that I have to keep a pico opengapps set to setup a rom first. All my SMS/wifi passwords/contacts and more is still in the Google backup that can only be restored during a Setup Wizard

Yeah, It makes sense to include Setup wizard in stock gapps. Will do in next build.
As for dark version, I can create an add on zip for you. You can flash it after you flash NikGapps!
31st March 2019, 04:35 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Yeah, It makes sense to include Setup wizard in stock gapps. Will do in next build.
As for dark version, I can create an add on zip for you. You can flash it after you flash NikGapps!

That means can't flash this after a clean flash?
31st March 2019, 07:12 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adyatan

That means can't flash this after a clean flash?

What dark YouTube Vanced in add on zip? You can flash after clean flash too!
31st March 2019, 11:32 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks nik for making this..
The Following User Says Thank You to nspacedust For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nspacedust Ad-Free
7th April 2019, 06:13 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Update!
Downloads
NikGapps Basic
NikGapps Stock

Changelog:
-Added Setup Wizard in stock gapps for those who wants to restore their backup from google backup.
-Added ARCore and PlayGround in stock gapps with supported GCam (same as pixel experience rom)
-Updated to latest version of Google Apps (7th April)

Enjoy!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
7th April 2019, 09:04 AM |#27  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:

Downloads
NikGapps Basic
NikGapps Stock

Changelog:
-Added Setup Wizard in stock gapps for those who wants to restore their backup from google backup.
-Added ARCore and PlayGround in stock gapps with supported GCam (same as pixel experience rom)
-Updated to latest version of Google Apps (7th April)

Enjoy!

Its kinda complete set for me to live my rest of life in peace!! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Thank you
8th April 2019, 08:41 PM |#28  
Flag patna
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Thanks for your work. Really appreciated!

Sent from my Poco F1 using XDA Labs
10th April 2019, 05:20 PM |#29  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 946

Donate to Me
More
@Nikhil I have a similar project and want to include gapps and the setup Wizard but it always crashes. How did you include the Setup wizard? Is it necessary to remove any app from the system or do I have to make anything else to get it working?
Thanks in advance.
10th April 2019, 05:31 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Hello and thanks for you work ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a problem where i get android setup crashes on a clean install.

Flash sequence - firmware, rom, your gapps, dfe magisk.
11th April 2019, 03:26 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs4wkiller

@Nikhil I have a similar project and want to include gapps and the setup Wizard but it always crashes. How did you include the Setup wizard? Is it necessary to remove any app from the system or do I have to make anything else to get it working?
Thanks in advance.

I was facing the same error before I released the latest stock NikGapps. I added com.google.android.gms.setup and it fixed the error for me. However, users are still facing this problem on some of the Roms (Worked fine on los 16 for me), I'll investigate further to find the root cause. btw what is the project that you're working on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabalLV

Hello and thanks for you work ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a problem where i get android setup crashes on a clean install.

Flash sequence - firmware, rom, your gapps, dfe magisk.

I tried fixing that for crDroid and Havoc but it didn't work for me, I'll check more over the weekend, meanwhile flash the attached zip to just delete the setup until I fix the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Remove Setup Wizard.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 42 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikhil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikhil Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, nikgapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)