FORUMS

[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 484

Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2017, 03:07 AM |#111  
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjmzmd

On my old galaxy tab 3 with a san disk 128gb, when I first turn on the unit, I get some gray icons for the first few seconds, then eventually they get back their color and full functionality. I have yet to pull the card and transfer to another phone, so I can't answer your other question.

And, may i ask, is it because you haven't found another device, or the courage to do so? Lol, in my case, it would be the courage
25th April 2017, 03:10 AM |#112  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by culiacanazo

And, may i ask, is it because you haven't found another device, or the courage to do so? Lol, in my case, it would be the courage

I did this on my new LG G6 7.0 Nougat with a 256gb Samsung micro card and I have no gray icons at start up. I figure my card is better/faster and thus no gray.
25th April 2017, 04:48 AM |#113  
Quote:

I did this on my new LG G6 7.0 Nougat with a 256gb Samsung micro card and I have no gray icons at start up. I figure my card is better/faster and thus no gray.

Yeah, but it would be same scenario, two phones, two cards, and thus, neither one has been removed.
But you know what? The lack of ppl storming in here and crying "Apocalypse!!" encourages me so I'mma go for it!
Heck! Can't be worse than the two times in my whole flashing career I inadvertently wiped my internal or when I, knowing the risks fully well, decided to flash my bootloader partition with Flashfire while still unreleased to the public and thus nuked my beautiful baby (RIP), an S4 Best Buy Edition, may it forgive me wherever it may be
25th April 2017, 06:49 AM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug
Thanks Meter: 484

More
Quote:

Yeah, but it would be same scenario, two phones, two cards, and thus, neither one has been removed.
But you know what? The lack of ppl storming in here and crying "Apocalypse!!" encourages me so I'mma go for it!
Heck! Can't be worse than the two times in my whole flashing career I inadvertently wiped my internal or when I, knowing the risks fully well, decided to flash my bootloader partition with Flashfire while still unreleased to the public and thus nuked my beautiful baby (RIP), an S4 Best Buy Edition, may it forgive me wherever it may be

After formatting into two partitions, after manipulating the firmware\bootloader, the maximum that you will lose, this is access to the encrypted partition.
Not encrypted will be visible on other devices and card reader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
25th April 2017, 07:20 AM |#115  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanium91

After formatting into two partitions, after manipulating the firmware\bootloader, the maximum that you will lose, this is access to the encrypted partition.
Not encrypted will be visible on other devices and card reader.

I'm sorry, the encrypted is what I'll lose? Meaning it will still exist, just open to anyone? Or it won't exist any longer, whether encrypted or unencrypted? I'm still transferring data out of my SD, in preparation for the hour, but most likely it'll be in the morning, since in my side of the pond is 20 after midnight right now
25th April 2017, 03:25 PM |#116  
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:

I'm sorry, the encrypted is what I'll lose? Meaning it will still exist, just open to anyone? Or it won't exist any longer, whether encrypted or unencrypted? I'm still transferring data out of my SD, in preparation for the hour, but most likely it'll be in the morning, since in my side of the pond is 20 after midnight right now

The memory you assign as internal can only be read by the device you did it on. You transfer that card to another device or computer, they will not be able to access that partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to texasjmzmd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift texasjmzmd Ad-Free
25th April 2017, 05:06 PM |#117  
Quote:

The memory you assign as internal can only be read by the device you did it on. You transfer that card to another device or computer, they will not be able to access that partition.

Thank you, kindly.
On the button-pressing part, I'm out of thanks
29th April 2017, 10:03 PM |#118  
Quote:

...most likely it'll be in the morning, since in my side of the pond is 20 after midnight right now

And in the morning it was, wasn't it?
Lol!
I just took the leap this morning.
I never said WHAT MONTH OR YEAR said morning would be, did I?
Although i can't (or don't know how to) readily access my priorly-labeled "internal" thru my choice of file manager (albeit being able thru nougat's native one), I'm happy with and thus share my results!
(Notice the aptly named "nx", standing for "internal-external", and i have to admit, " xn" almost made it as the name, but at the last moment decided against it for the possibility of being mistaken for "ex-internal", which is not.)
~Really simple and blazing fast, too!~ Thanks again to the OP and those who helped with my inquiries.
* Done on a crDroid 7.1.2-running T-Mo S5's 32GB Sammy Card with a Windows 7 Home Edition Acer Notebook
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170429-144755.png
Views:	442
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	4132183  
29th April 2017, 10:35 PM |#119  
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:

And in the morning it was, wasn't it?
Lol!
I just took the leap this morning.
I never said WHAT MONTH OR YEAR said morning would be, did I?
Although i can't (or don't know how to) readily access my priorly-labeled "internal" thru my choice of file manager (albeit being able thru nougat's native one), I'm happy with and thus share my results!
(Notice the aptly named "nx", standing for "internal-external", and i have to admit, " xn" almost made it as the name, but at the last moment decided against it for the possibility of being mistaken for "ex-internal", which is not.)
~Really simple and blazing fast, too!~ Thanks again to the OP and those who helped with my inquiries.
* Done on a crDroid 7.1.2-running T-Mo S5's 32GB Sammy Card with a Windows 7 Home Edition Acer Notebook

I use Solid Explorer app.
The Following User Says Thank You to texasjmzmd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift texasjmzmd Ad-Free
30th April 2017, 03:19 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this works on stock roms ?? like honor 4x che1-L04 snapdragon ???
30th April 2017, 04:37 AM |#121  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvrgvr

Does this works on stock roms ?? like honor 4x che1-L04 snapdragon ???

I would say so, nothing in the process seems like it would prevent it. And if you back up data, you ain't got nothing to lose. Give it a try

Quote:

I use Solid Explorer app.

Thank you señor, I'll give that a try myself
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
formatting, internal, memory card, sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)