FORUMS

[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 484

Post Reply Email Thread
4th April 2017, 11:47 PM |#11  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debadri1995

Where can I get "aftiss.cmd" file?

under the "Downloads" tab at the top of the thread...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daina Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:05 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintonito

Does this support a 100% internal mode? I wanna use this to force adoptable storage on devices that hide the user menu for it.

in "Storage & USB" settings.
5th April 2017, 12:08 AM |#13  
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this? Is it better to have it stay as external so there will no app/file will be harmed/affected when I remove it?
5th April 2017, 12:08 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavocabe

I'm tempted to do this but I tend to change ROMs on a somewhat regular basis. My question is, what happens to the data stored in the formated as internal sd card partition?

The internal partition will not be visible on the other device, a SD Card partition will work fine.
5th April 2017, 12:10 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonic88

Trying it now, how long should the format itself take? Been at "Formatting Disk: 179,0 ..." for about 5 minutes so far...

To avoid such problems, before re-partition, format the memory card as removable media.
5th April 2017, 12:15 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldalcos

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this? Is it better to have it stay as external so there will no app/file will be harmed/affected when I remove it?

You can move applications to the memory card with the cache, this significantly saves the memory of your smartphone. Here only a problem in that, system is standard formats the memory card as internal storage OR portable storage, and this is not entirely convenient.
This script allows you to use the memory card as internal storage and portable storage, at the same time!
The Following User Says Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:25 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Anyone used this with Nougat?

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to inneyeseakay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inneyeseakay Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:33 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Wow I never thought about this possibility.
Until now I only stayed with removable SD card mode, because portability is a high priority. Especially due to the backups that I keep on there. An all-adoptable SD card was therefore never a feasible option for me.
A partition for each is an amazing solution to get the best of both worlds.
I will definitely try this later on.

However, what are your experiences with readability on other platforms?
Windows usually can only read one partition on portable storage. Which partition does show up in the Windows file manager?
The Following User Says Thank You to Vankog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vankog Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:41 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can i use this on Lollipop 5.1?
5th April 2017, 12:42 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatLeo

Can i use this on Lollipop 5.1?

No, adoptable storage was only in Marshmallow

The Following User Says Thank You to inneyeseakay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inneyeseakay Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:47 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by inneyeseakay

Anyone used this with Nougat?

LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) works!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
formatting, internal, memory card, sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)