FORUMS

[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 484

Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2017, 12:47 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by inneyeseakay

Anyone used this with Nougat?

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) works!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 12:51 AM |#22  
Flag Cavite
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octanium91

You can move applications to the memory card with the cache, this significantly saves the memory of your smartphone. Here only a problem in that, system is standard formats the memory card as internal storage OR portable storage, and this is not entirely convenient.
This script allows you to use the memory card as internal storage and portable storage, at the same time!

though i quite unfamiliar with this terms, it sounds that it is a nice feature. will just try this and see for myself. haha thanks!
5th April 2017, 01:11 AM |#23  
Flag Brentwood
Thanks Meter: 122

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

To avoid such problems, before re-partition, format the memory card as removable media.

yeah it ended up closing with errors, so i deleted the partitions on SD card and let the Android OS reformat as portable--then redid the process with success.

One question--since, you now have two "SD cards" when you go to manually move an app to adoptable storage which one is it? See below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-04-16-07-15.png
Views:	2730
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	4101194  
5th April 2017, 04:10 AM |#24  
Flag Forster, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 265

More
How does this affect TWRP backup and restores?

Not sure I want anything the system is using on my SD card, there's reasons Google are trying to kill off SD card use but I can see where this could be a great thing. My phones have 32Gb internal storage but my wife's is 16Gb which would be a little small for me for instance.

Good work getting a neat solution for this job
5th April 2017, 04:52 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonic88

yeah it ended up closing with errors, so i deleted the partitions on SD card and let the Android OS reformat as portable--then redid the process with success.

One question--since, you now have two "SD cards" when you go to manually move an app to adoptable storage which one is it? See below:

Sheeeeeesh. I'm not having any luck with my wife's Galaxy On5. She needs more internal storage so I thought this method would be perfect for her. I installed the latest ADB drivers and turned on USB Debugging. My computer can see internal and SD storage but I keep getting errors when the app tries to format. It identifies the phone alright but it keeps reporting "No SD Card Found". Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Bob
The Following User Says Thank You to OldBob65+ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OldBob65+ Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 07:26 AM |#26  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hello there Dev! I really liked this tool and was wondering if you could provide a similar script for a Linux environment? Much appreciated.
Thanks
5th April 2017, 07:34 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonic88

You can rename SDCard to Internal, in settings.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 07:37 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboW

How does this affect TWRP backup and restores?

Not sure I want anything the system is using on my SD card, there's reasons Google are trying to kill off SD card use but I can see where this could be a great thing. My phones have 32Gb internal storage but my wife's is 16Gb which would be a little small for me for instance.

Good work getting a neat solution for this job

TWRP as before use SDCard for beckup and restore. I checked.

5th April 2017, 07:41 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBob65+

Sheeeeeesh. I'm not having any luck with my wife's Galaxy On5. She needs more internal storage so I thought this method would be perfect for her. I installed the latest ADB drivers and turned on USB Debugging. My computer can see internal and SD storage but I keep getting errors when the app tries to format. It identifies the phone alright but it keeps reporting "No SD Card Found". Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Bob

What version of android do you have?

5th April 2017, 07:45 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kremenchug

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diago27

Hello there Dev! I really liked this tool and was wondering if you could provide a similar script for a Linux environment? Much appreciated.
Thanks

I'll do it at my leisure, you can test?

The Following User Says Thank You to Octanium91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Octanium91 Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 08:00 AM |#31  

More
Quote:

What version of android do you have?

She has Android 6.01 so it falls within the parameters of the program.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
formatting, internal, memory card, sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)