[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

Search This thread

zoom.090

Oct 22, 2022
Hi,

I don't seem to manage the process in order to expand my sd card ( SanDisk Ultra 256GB class 10 A1) as internal memory, on my Huawei P8 lite 2017.

Build version: PRA-LX1 8.0.0.416(C432)
EMUI Version 8.0
Android Version 8.9

PC OS: Linux Ubuntu 22.04

First I plug the SD card on an usb adapter and plugged it on my PC then I Formatted it as Fat-extended
On the phone , the "debug usb" option is enabled.

* when I try the aftiss.sh downloaded from this link: https://www.goktay.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/aftiss_b3.zip

I have the following message :

View attachment 5741105

"Permission non accordée" => Permission not allowed

* when I try the aftiss.sh downloaded from this link: https://xdaforums.com/attachments/aftiss-zip.4107024/

I have the following message:
View attachment 5741107

*when I try to do the process manualy, with this same aftiss.sh downloaded previously here is what I have in return:
View attachment 5741111

Could anyone help me please? Or any advise?
That would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Hi after few scrowling and digging, I manage to have it working .
First of : The aftiss.sh downloaded from : https://www.goktay.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/aftiss_b3.zip didn't work for me.
This one did : https://xdaforums.com/attachments/aftiss-zip.4107024/

I had to downgrade to android 7.0 in order to proceed.
To do so the easyest way was to get a Windows laptop install a HiSuite 9.0.2 version (that I found on the net). If you take the latest version (11.0.x) you will not have the option to update your firmware version with and older version.
[ Beware that the downgrade process is very, very, very, very, very, slow So be patient]
when it's downgraded, I ran the aftiss.sh . It was easy done.
afterword i upgraded to the actual (latest) version by the internal menu.

Ok, thank you for releasing this tool. It gave some more years to my son's device.
Cheers

Last edited:

NaTsUDraGneeL6335

Feb 24, 2023
Hi all of you,
I tried option 2 50% internal, 50% sd card with my poco x3 non rooted and the programm successfully did the partition with "all done" message.
Unfortunatly in the file managers (Mi manager, Total Commander) I can see no increase of my internal storage. The sd card is detected but only with half of the storage (128Gb of 256Gb).
Also I can't see a 3rd partition or a 2nd SD Card storage like in the OP.
Any idea what happened and how to fix it would be nice.
Same issue with me, so is there any solution?? If there is! Plz help

NaTsUDraGneeL6335

Feb 24, 2023
Hi all of you,
I tried option 2 50% internal, 50% sd card with my poco x3 non rooted and the programm successfully did the partition with "all done" message.
Unfortunatly in the file managers (Mi manager, Total Commander) I can see no increase of my internal storage. The sd card is detected but only with half of the storage (256Gb of 512Gb).
Also I can't see a 3rd partition or a 2nd SD Card storage like in the OP. The internal storage is the same as before
Plz help.

dandreye

Jun 4, 2015
Hi All,
- which of the 2 partitions created this way goes first: the internal one or the external one? Can they both be accessed by Windows when the phone is connected to the laptop? (e.g. with Minitool Partition Wizard I get a warning that only the one that goes first can be accessed by Windows)
- which filesystem is used for each of those partitions?
- which partitioning does the card use: MBR or GPT?
Thanks in avance!

Update: answering my own questions:
- It's GPT and not MBR
- The "portable" FAT32 partition goes first, followed by two encrypted ext4 partitions: a tiny (16MB) android_meta one and the "main" android_expand one as described here:
https://source.android.com/docs/core/storage/config#adoptable_storage

Last edited:

dandreye

Jun 4, 2015
Hi All,
Has anyone ever managed to do it with Samsung A3 2017 (SM-A320FL) running stock Android 8 Oreo ROM? It doesn't work for me with Samsung Evo+ 128GB UHS-I Class 10 U3/V30 microSD card:
- When trying this tool I always get "SD card not found" regardless of the presence, type and number of partitions on the card (in fact I may have seen "Done" once but no changes could be found on the card afterwards)
- When trying manually "sm partition ..." silently returns the prompt within ~1s w/o any errors and effect whatsoever, exact same as when I try it in Samsung A3 2016 (SM-A310F) running stock Android 7 Nougat ROM. In Samsung S9+ (SM-G965F) it behaves somewhat better: it does take time and the specified partitions are created somehow despite the phone behaves as if it crashes at some point during the process:
star2lte:/ $ sm partition disk:179,0 mixed 25
<a few minutes long wait>
Error: android.os.DeadObjectException
1|star2lte:/ $

Still plugging the card dual partitioned by SM-G965F into the target SM-A320FL doesn't help the latter see and adopt "internal" partition alone even with the Adoptable Storage patch flashed: it just detects new SD card and suggests formatting it entirely as Internal or Portable, but not mixed.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

LxS-Nih

May 29, 2023
i have the problem of "the system cannot find the path specified" pls someone help me, this driving me crazyT-T
Hi, I just tried today and had the same issue. I have redownload the AFTISS toolkit avec extract to the desktop.
Don't forget to extract, if you click on the .rar directly it will not work.
After that, I let the toolkit format the sd card for me and it worked. Don't forget to enable debug mode and to choose transfer mode instead of charging.
After that download files launcher on google play and manage you apps from here.

I found a solution (Kinda),
This is a problem with both the LOS14.1 build 2018/01/09 as well as the 2017/12/15 build for the s3 mini I8190.
I put a micro SD card to put in my S3 mini and when I chose to format it as internal storage after about 3 minutes of being stuck on 20% I got the following message "java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Thread Binder:2972_B gave up waiting for partitionPrivate after 180000ms".
After restarting, the phone says the SD is corrupt, and then I can format it, but It says that the SD card is really slow. At first, I thought it was a problem with the format, so I tried formatting the 64gb SD card to fat32. Once that didn't work, I bought a V30 U3 A2 micro SD card and tried. It failed as well, so I formatted it to fat32 and still bad. Finally, I decided to buy a SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB V30 A1 micro SD card, but still the same problem.
I tried the manual method:

golden:/ $ su
golden:/ # sm list-disks adoptable
disk:179_96
golden:/ # sm partition disk:179_96 mixed 80
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Thread Binder:2590_E gave up waiting for partitionMixed after 180000ms

//after getting an error, I continued as said here

golden:/ # sm list-volumes all
private mounted null
emulated mounted null

//the volumes don't appear, so I restart and then reinsert this line

golden:/ $ su
golden:/ # sm list-volumes all
private:179_99 unmountable null
private mounted null
public:179_97 mounted 7B8C-1421
emulated mounted null
golden:/ # sm format private:179_99
golden:/ # sm format private:179_99

AND NOW I GOT 11.7GB SD CARD and the rest (58.92GB portable)
THIS WORKED, BUT IT TOOK 5 TRIES. I ALWAYS GOT THE ERROR "Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '15 volume format private:179,3 auto' failed with '400 15 Command failed''"
SO PLEASE TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT

Last edited:

Silo13

Aug 11, 2023
Hi guys , i run aftiss_b2 on my phone(it's a redmi 9c) , everything worked in the cmd , but the card sd have very less space ( 30gb to 7 gb) and nothing change on the internal storage

NOINO

Apr 8, 2024
Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage - this is the easiest way format your memory card, to use it as a internal memory and removable media at the same time!

What is required for this?
- Device with Android Marshmallow (6.0) and higher.
- USB Cable
- Enabled USB debug on your device

Just select the formatting mode and press any key!

Instruction:
1 - Connect your smartphone to the PC using your cable
2 - Enable USB debug on your smartphone
3 - Run "aftiss.cmd" (for Windows) or "aftiss.sh" (for Linux)
4 - Select the formatting mode
(1 - 25% Internal\75% SDCard, 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, 3 - 75% Internal\25% SDCard, 4 - Custom)
5 - Press any key
6 - Be happy!

>> Download <<

tip: what version should I download?

Attention! You will lose all data on the memory card!
Recommendation, to avoid errors, before re-partition, format the memory card as portable storage\removable media.

How to install games\programs obb\data files on adoptable storage?

[Requirements:]
Systems: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 x86\x64 and Linux

Example for formatting mode 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, SD Card 2GB.
EXAMPLE.png

How to do it manually?
Go to ADB Shell
Code:
adb shell
Code:
sm list-disks
Example answer: disk:179,64
Code:
sm partition <DISK> mixed <PERCENT>
Example: sm partition disk:179,64 mixed 25
Where 25 this 25% for SD Card, remaining 75% for Internal storage

You can support me on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/octanium

XDA:DevDB Information
Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Octanium91

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 3.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-04-03

Created 2017-04-03
Last Updated 2017-05-22
Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage - this is the easiest way format your memory card, to use it as a internal memory and removable media at the same time!

- USB Cable

Instruction:
(1 - 25% Internal\75% SDCard, 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, 3 - 75% Internal\25% SDCard, 4 - Custom)
5 - Press any key
6 - Be happy!

>> Download <<

Recommendation, to avoid errors, before re-partition, format the memory card as portable storage\removable media.

EXAMPLE.png

How to do it manually?
Go to ADB Shell
Code:
adb shell
Code:
sm list-disks
Code:

Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Octanium91

Version Information
Stable

Created 2017-04-03
Last Updated 2017-05-22
Hello i keep getting this error i have enabled usb debugging and am using the same network but it doesnt work please help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 105201.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 105201.png
    12 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- USB Cable

Instruction:
    5 - Press any key
    6 - Be happy!

>> Download <<

EXAMPLE.png

How to do it manually?
    Go to ADB Shell
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    sm list-disks
    Code:

Contributors
    Octanium91

Version Information

Created 2017-04-03
    Last Updated 2017-05-22
    Reserved

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Released aftiss_b2.zip! Version 2

- Add script for linux! Thanks magdeoz for porting. Post
    *The path to the script should be without spaces
    *I did not check, check and report the results
    - Add cutom partition
    - Updated adb for linux and windows (25)

Good luck to all!
    I understand you. Without root it's impossible.
    But there is a solution, some games have a version with built-in cache right in the .apk (Do not create game files in internal storage), after installation, you can move the game to internal partition on SDCard.

Hello there. first off, it works without root! After the Partition Progress, I gone to the internal sd Card and then go on the tab "migrate data" after this process, the internal sd Card (for me 40GB and external rest 78GB) showed in Es file Explorer as sdcard0, so as main storage. so everything new will be saved there.
    add example screenshots for formatting mode 2 - 50% Internal\50% SDCard, SD Card 2GB.