FORUMS

[Tool][Utility][Win|Linux] Auto-formatting SDCard to Internal and SDCard storage

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 484

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2019, 03:10 PM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've used your tool. Thanks for it.
Now storage look's as shown as in screenshot.

Is this ok?
Why is on SD-Card (not the mobile storage) only 1,86GB left?

Smartphone is a Huawei Gplay mini with Android 6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-12-22-14-36-47.png
Views:	276
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	4908049  
22nd January 2020, 05:35 PM |#432  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how did you do it manually (sorry for my English)
Croky

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcasper28

yeahhh ITS WORKING! THANK YOU!:goo d:

How dis you do it Manually (sorry for my English) ...
23rd January 2020, 06:48 PM |#433  

More
I'm using a HUAWEI P9 LITE and I've got :
error: device not found
What should I do ?
2nd February 2020, 02:39 PM |#434  

More
@parrandar, got the same issue, I dealed with it but now I have the "Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '14 volume partition disk:179:192 mixed 25' failed with '400 14 Command failed'" , trying to look at it on the thread.

So, I have the p8 but I think this is the same, you have to enable developpers mode, enable USB debug AND stay on this screen/window/page (on your phone), while running the app (aftiss), right after you choose an option you have a short moment to clic ok on your phone to enable ADP. This should work (unless if you have the same error I have now).
Also I am on "sharing folders vie USB" on the phone's charging options. I hope it'll help you.
6th February 2020, 05:59 PM |#435  

More
I've use this tool in two devices and works fine at very beginning.
But one day I occasionally let one device run out of battery and auto shutdown, and after that I power on my device it shows Damaged SD card and ask for a re-formatting.
I try to pull off sd card and use card reader to check file in PC, the main partition can be accessed in Windows, and additional two partition cannot be accessed may because different file system.

I try to verify this and connect another sd card at works fine device to my PC, and still two partition cannot be accessed, which mean it may not partition error, may be file link error I think.

Is there anyone face this kind of issue before, how can I fix it, I need to let this sd card works normally on my phone so I could move app from sd card to phone, than I could change another new card, or I will lost all my app file.

Can anyone kindly give me some thought of this, appreciate. @Octanium91
7th February 2020, 02:35 PM |#436  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHChen

Is there anyone face this kind of issue before, how can I fix it, I need to let this sd card works normally on my phone so I could move app from sd card to phone, than I could change another new card, or I will lost all my app file.

The portions of the card you can't access are part of the device's combined storage. If the device refuses to use them when the card is inserted, you will have no choice but to format. Reason? The combined storage is encrypted when it is created.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
8th February 2020, 12:48 PM |#437  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi

The portions of the card you can't access are part of the device's combined storage. If the device refuses to use them when the card is inserted, you will have no choice but to format. Reason? The combined storage is encrypted when it is created.

Thank you for explaining about encryption.

I would like to know if this happened because my physical card broken or because my cellphone run out of battery? I can use the same card format and use again? Or I need to change a new one?

Is there no ways can I have my former app data?
8th February 2020, 02:26 PM |#438  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHChen

Is there no ways can I have my former app data?

I simply think it's Android getting confused. It expects one of the two types of storage, not both at the same time. When the battery runs down it forgets the setup.

This very thing is why I stopped using this utility on my tablet. I instead rely on a OTG USB stick when I need to work in the device's recovery.

As to your situation, the card is not damaged but will need to be formatted to use it again. For all practical purposes your data is gone. Unless you have 14 billion years to dedicate to the task of brute forcing the decryption that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Strephon Alkhalikoi Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 10:52 PM |#439  

More
Hello,

I followed the steps but got an error message "Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '24 volume partition disk:179:64 mixed 25' failed with '400 24 Command failed'"

Any ideas to solve this problem ?

Have a nice day
20th February 2020, 05:54 PM |#440  

More
I am using Xiaomi Note 5a, i am trying to used the same method but every time i tried it shows error: device not found
any one can help with my problem
my debugging is already on
23rd February 2020, 11:10 PM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Does it work with samsung note 8 running pie? I have applied it and it went successfully but when updating through plaulystore it still says not enough storage. How do I know if it really works? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
formatting, internal, memory card, sdcard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)