FORUMS

Bliss OS (x86) for PC's - 12.x Development - Beta Builds

2,702 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,837

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from electrikjesus: Team Bliss is rolling out with Alpha builds of Bliss OS 12.0, Android 10 for PC's
25th March 2020, 05:24 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
@electrikjesus
there are two changelogs??
both are empty with only dates
support for ARM apps this round via native bridge?
t: 5000+ downloads(last week) for the previous build and only 44 downloads for the changelog

Many dont have hdmi audio working. I got it working with some commands.
25th March 2020, 02:09 PM |#382  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjeu100

@electrikjesus
there are two changelogs??
both are empty with only dates
support for ARM apps this round via native bridge?
t: 5000+ downloads(last week) for the previous build and only 44 downloads for the changelog

Many dont have hdmi audio working. I got it working with some commands.

Oh, I didn't realize it generated empty changelogs. I will upload a corrected changelog soon once I get this next build with BusyBox fixes done

Native Bridge is still broken, but we are in line with Android x86 project's native Bridge now, so if they get it working, we have it working too

Would you mind sharing the changes you had to do to get HDMI audio working?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electrikjesus Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 03:00 PM |#383  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrikjesus

Oh, I didn't realize it generated empty changelogs. I will upload a corrected changelog soon once I get this next build with BusyBox fixes done

Native Bridge is still broken, but we are in line with Android x86 project's native Bridge now, so if they get it working, we have it working too

Would you mind sharing the changes you had to do to get HDMI audio working?

type following commands (commands in bold text
x86_64:/ $ su

cat /proc/asound/cards

0 [HDMI ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI
HDA Intel HDMI at 0xb0610000 irq 46
1 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
HDA Intel PCH at 0xb0614000 irq 44
ls -l /dev/snd

now i see my sound cards

i want pcmC0D7

setprop hal.audio.out pcmC0D7p
pkill audioserver

and it is working now.
The Following User Says Thank You to cjeu100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjeu100 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 01:47 AM |#384  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

type following commands (commands in bold text

x86_64:/ $ su

cat /proc/asound/cards

0 [HDMI ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel HDMI
HDA Intel HDMI at 0xb0610000 irq 46
1 [PCH ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
HDA Intel PCH at 0xb0614000 irq 44
ls -l /dev/snd

now i see my sound cards

i want pcmC0D7

setprop hal.audio.out pcmC0D7p
pkill audioserver

and it is working now.

thanks, do I use terminal app? in the past I had issue like command not found
The Following User Says Thank You to nizhoq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nizhoq Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 04:45 AM |#385  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizhoq

thanks, do I use terminal app? in the past I had issue like command not found

use in-built console alt+f1 to open and alt+f7 to close

EDIT- i found this article https://hernaaan.wordpress.com/2018/...ut-of-the-box/
i havent tested that method myself, but you can try
The Following User Says Thank You to cjeu100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjeu100 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 01:03 PM |#386  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

use in-built console alt+f1 to open and alt+f7 to close

EDIT- i found this article https://hernaaan.wordpress.com/2018/...ut-of-the-box/
i havent tested that method myself, but you can try

thanks, tried it before but could not get it to work because path did not exist or have permission
26th March 2020, 03:48 PM |#387  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizhoq

thanks, tried it before but could not get it to work because path did not exist or have permission

First did you type su to get root access
It may be possible that electrikjesus removed that functionality just like mount.ntfs was switched to nfts.mount
Please specify when typing which command you got path did not exist, have permission, command not found
If its missing you can add that command and give permissions using a file explorer such as fx file explorer or mix file explorer, I even added sudo command.
26th March 2020, 11:26 PM |#388  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Su sU Su SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3fqAh7MzQA

Latest build is a bit tricky =) Vulkan mode works.
27th March 2020, 12:06 AM |#389  
Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.5 Release Client 2.1 - 2020-03-26
!! Please remember to not quote these update posts, or any of the OP's !!

This is just a quick update to address many of the bugs from the previous builds.

!!PLEASE NOTE!! The builds that use Kernel-5.2+ are no longer compatible with the AUTO_LOAD=old kernel command line option. If you are using this option to boot, then you will not be able to. It will bootloop.

Here's a short list of some of those updates.

Updates include:
* None really. Mostly a bugfix build

Bugs fixed:
• Moar Power/Sleep Issues fixed
• BusyBox is finally working (Thanks Mauro Rossi)
• Sensors are fixed
• Fixed init in some cases where drm_framebuffer wasn't being assigned right.
• Other init/installer fixes for using Android-x86's method for XVD/NVME drives
• Microphone fixes
• HDMI sound output fixes for kernel 4.19
• build-x86 - fixes for building with just Widevine
• build-x86 - fixes in switch for building with Android-x86's nativebridge or Chrome OS's
• lots of other little fixes

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode or boot using gbm_gralloc, as I am considering making it the default. Vulkan mode can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet". If your device doesn't support Vulkan, you can add "GRALLOC=gbm" to the same place in your grub entry. Sleep states should work fine after that.

Builds being uploaded:
  • Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.5-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202003260911_k-k4.19.105-ax86-ga-rmi_m-19.3.4-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
  • Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.5-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202003261431_k-k5.6rc6_si_ylng_m-19.3.4-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
  • Might also post another build without the custom RMI fixes if users report issues with it.

Known new issues:
  • Sleep states aren't working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart. Still requires Vulkan
  • Power buttons still don't work on most machines. You can now set Volume buttons to wake the device from Settings > Blissify. Sometimes Power button may work to wake the device.
  • Some machines still have volume/sound issues, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Download:

You still have to go through our website to download. The download section for Bliss OS 12 Betas has been updated.

Changelogs:

(got that fixed too )
Code:
Changelog too big to include. I have uploaded all the changelogs from my test builds though so you all can see the changes. See full changelogs list here:
All changelogs - https://sourceforge.net/projects/blissos-dev/files/Beta

Thanks, and #stayblissful
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to electrikjesus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electrikjesus Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 03:53 PM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrikjesus

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.5 Release Client 2.1 - 2020-03-26
!! Please remember to not quote these update posts, or any of the OP's !!

This is just a quick update to address many of the bugs from the previous builds.

!!PLEASE NOTE!! The builds that use Kernel-5.2+ are no longer compatible with the AUTO_LOAD=old kernel command line option. If you are using this option to boot, then you will not be able to. It will bootloop.

Here's a short list of some of those updates.

Updates include:
* None really. Mostly a bugfix build

Bugs fixed:
• Moar Power/Sleep Issues fixed
• BusyBox is finally working (Thanks Mauro Rossi)
• Sensors are fixed
• Fixed init in some cases where drm_framebuffer wasn't being assigned right.
• Other init/installer fixes for using Android-x86's method for XVD/NVME drives
• Microphone fixes
• HDMI sound output fixes for kernel 4.19
• build-x86 - fixes for building with just Widevine
• build-x86 - fixes in switch for building with Android-x86's nativebridge or Chrome OS's
• lots of other little fixes

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode or boot using gbm_gralloc, as I am considering making it the default. Vulkan mode can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet". If your device doesn't support Vulkan, you can add "GRALLOC=gbm" to the same place in your grub entry. Sleep states should work fine after that.

Builds being uploaded:
Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.5-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202003260911_k-k4.19.105-ax86-ga-rmi_m-19.3.4-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.5-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202003261431_k-k5.6rc6_si_ylng_m-19.3.4-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
Might also post another build without the custom RMI fixes if users report issues with it.

Known new issues:
Sleep states aren't working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart. Still requires Vulkan
Power buttons still don't work on most machines. You can now set Volume buttons to wake the device from Settings > Blissify. Sometimes Power button may work to wake the device.
Some machines still have volume/sound issues, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Download:

You still have to go through our website to download. The download section for Bliss OS 12 Betas has been updated.

Changelogs:

(got that fixed too )

Thanks, and #stayblissful

Thanks for the updates. I tried these two builds on Surface Pro 6. It freezes on the boot logo screen on both live and installed version. I tried vulkan and other options too, same thing. Any idea? I'm trying to get a log file.
27th March 2020, 04:00 PM |#391  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkk121

Thanks for the updates. I tried these two builds on Surface Pro 6. It freezes on the boot logo screen on both live and installed version. I tried vulkan and other options too, same thing. Any idea? I'm trying to get a log file.

type the following in bliss bot : advanced_boot_debugging
or ask the bliss bot for advanced_boot_debugging
how_to_debug_booting
its updated, you can also type help to know what bliss-bot can do @nizhoq did you solve your problem command not found?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)