Bliss OS (x86) for PC's - 14.x/15.x Development - Stable Builds

Search This thread

ostrolk

Mar 16, 2016
Things to try: booting into debug mode, taking logs and sharing them in here
When it doesn't boot to live session, where to get the logs? Doesn't even go to console now. Installed version (data.img, initrd.img, kernel and system.img in the partition) also doesn't boot. So, where to get the logs?

Last edited:

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
When it doesn't boot to live session, where to get the logs? Doesn't even go to console now. Installed version (data.img, initrd.img, kernel and system.img in the partition) also doesn't boot. So, where to get the logs?
this is why I suggested trying to boot into debug mode because it enables verbose logging and you would be able to see a little bit of information as to what is not working right for your device

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Since we do things a bit differently on Bliss, a data folder will not work right. It will have to be a data.img that you need to create. Once you have a data.img, you can leave the "DATA=" part in the grub entry
So for Bliss 12 a data.img is compulsory ? For Bliss 11.10 a data folder worked for me. I think this is because I have bliss installed in an ext4 partition rather than an ntfs partition.
Earlier when I installed it on an ntfs partition, bliss wouldn't boot when I had a data folder (Probably because ntfs does not support symlinks if I'm not wrong). After moving the files to ext4, it boots fine.

So I guess data.img works on ntfs whereas data folder doesn't.

A data folder seemed better to me, since there is no headache of resizing the image later when we need more space.

Ahmed elrased

Aug 1, 2014
lenove yoga 710
Sound plays after reboot and web browser after update
The problem is I can't make it up or down Sound
I can't see my hard drive why not make mount disks automatic
Sorry for the language
Thank you

wizzdome

Jan 10, 2012
Denver
Have you tried to use the auto install to drive??? Also make sure your deleting previous grub entries for android... It seems to me that you are working too hard to install and not working smart enough... another thing you can try is reinstall 11.5 if it worked for you no problem then when installing 12 (((((DO NOT FORMAT))))) after you choose not to format you will be given the option to upgrade... you dont even need to lose your data... works just fine on an acer aspire z-1... only problem i really had with this rom is that alot of games will not load, and there is no root... once things have gotten their stability I am sure this will be a great rom... I really love the dark mode and it works perfectly... (wish i could use it in 8.1) anyhow... just my 2 cents... good luck

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

lenove yoga 710
Sound plays after reboot and web browser after update
The problem is I can't make it up or down Sound
I can't see my hard drive why not make mount disks automatic
Sorry for the language
Thank you

Hello, on my acer aspire it does not have volume controls on it, the controls are taken from the keyboard... I dont know if your system will work the same as mine but for volume up i use (Alt)+[F8] and down is (Alt)+[F7] and mute is (Alt)+[F6] (once you push one of those combinations the sound menu should pop up at the top of the screen if you hit the "v" at the right side it will expand and you can set all of your sound options to your preferred levels.

Alternately you can go into settings and adjust the sound from there, however keyboard shortcuts are so much more convenient...

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So for Bliss 12 a data.img is compulsory ? For Bliss 11.10 a data folder worked for me. I think this is because I have bliss installed in an ext4 partition rather than an ntfs partition.
Earlier when I installed it on an ntfs partition, bliss wouldn't boot when I had a data folder (Probably because ntfs does not support symlinks if I'm not wrong). After moving the files to ext4, it boots fine.

So I guess data.img works on ntfs whereas data folder doesn't.

A data folder seemed better to me, since there is no headache of resizing the image later when we need more space.
On ext3/4, a data folder works fine, but not with an ntfs install

Reactions: Tyakrish

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I just read that you are the single developer working on this ? Its insane.
Thank you very much for the time and effort you have spent on this project. I love this project. Hope it becomes more successful than it is.
I'll try to contribute whichever way I can
:)
Team Bliss consists of a handful of ROM developers, a couple Linux developers, a GSI dev, and me, on the PC, GSI & web side. So it's not just a single developer. It's the combined work of a good group of devs that do spend quite a lot of time on all things Bliss. Bliss ROM, Bliss OS, Bliss Linux and whatever other projects we're all in to.

If any of you ever wanted to join a team that does all these different things, yet still finds time to help eachother out in their separate areas, then there is no better option than Bliss IMO.
And for those that doubt themselves, here's a reminder that when I joined Team Bliss, I was just a design & animations guy, and look at all the things Bliss enabled me to learn ;)

If you're interested, you can find a link to join at the bottom of our nonprofit page on the website ;)

Reactions: thatruth132

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
And for those that doubt themselves, here's a reminder that when I joined Team Bliss, I was just a design & animations guy, and look at all the things Bliss enabled me to learn ;)
That's cool. Currently I am in the middle of exams, opening XDA whenever feeling bored. But I'll surely think about it. I am already in your blissx86 public telegram chat for devs, so I guess I kind of joined already :)

Reactions: cjeu100

mostafa.sabry

Jan 10, 2018
Hi I would like to find a solution to my problem my tablet is Lenovo 80hv after installing the system does not activate wireless networks does not recognize the MAC address and recognizes instead on Bluetooth but can not display

Please help me
Hi I would like to find a solution to my problem my tablet is Lenovo 80hv after installing the system does not activate wireless networks does not recognize the MAC address and recognizes instead on Bluetooth but can not display

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Please help me

Please follow the requested troubleshooting steps found in the docs. For most, their wifi works when they boot using old modprobe mode.
Once you complete all the troubleshooting steps, if you still can't use your wifi, then please gather your device information for us. We will need the exact wifi chipset. Not just a manufacturer name or PC model name.

G

GuestX01055

Virtualbox seems no go so far for me with this build whatever I do to install I get Fatal: could not read from boot media system halted. Tested all live modes on my real hardisk aswell but I only get to boot animation and then computer shuts down.

zooperaj

Jan 20, 2014
Mumbai
I have Bliss 11.10

When I updated SueperSU binary and restarted OS, it got stuck on logo.

Could you please explain why this would have happened and suggest a solution.

I reinstalled OS, but have not updated SuperSU binary yet fearing that again OS would get stuck in logo.

parkerlreed

Oct 20, 2009
I already have Android x86 on a USB drive and Im too drunk to find the code :( The search continues

EDIT: Found it and donated ;)

EDIT2: Since this is missing the ramdisk for Android 10, do I need to do anything to my Grub entry for this to work?

Code:
menuentry 'Android-x86' --class android-x86 {
        search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root 958fa2c6-2ebd-47a9-b03a-df6954a77dc0
        linux /opt/AndroidOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive intel_idle.max_cstate=1 quiet DATA=
        initrd /opt/AndroidOS/initrd.img
}

EDIT3: Still no luck after adding the hardware and vulkan to my boot. Just stops on the first tty prompt. Intel CPU with RX 480 as GPU.

Code:
        linux /opt/AndroidOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive intel_idle.max_cstate=1 VULKAN=1 quiet DATA=
}

Folder layout
3nAGhKg.png

EDIT4: Oh it just doesn't work with AMD GPU. :( Booted right up on the laptop with only iGPU.

Is there anything I can do for/help with AMD?

Last edited:

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I already have Android x86 on a USB drive and Im too drunk to find the code :( The search continues

EDIT: Found it and donated ;)

EDIT2: Since this is missing the ramdisk for Android 10, do I need to do anything to my Grub entry for this to work?

Code:
        linux /opt/AndroidOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive intel_idle.max_cstate=1 quiet DATA=
}

EDIT3: Still no luck after adding the hardware and vulkan to my boot. Just stops on the first tty prompt. Intel CPU with RX 480 as GPU.

Code:
        linux /opt/AndroidOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive intel_idle.max_cstate=1 VULKAN=1 quiet DATA=
}

Folder layout
3nAGhKg.png

EDIT4: Oh it just doesn't work with AMD GPU. :( Booted right up on the laptop with only iGPU.

Is there anything I can do for/help with AMD?

It's the data folder that's killing it. Replace that with a data.img and it should boot right up (depending on amdgu I guess...)

parkerlreed

Oct 20, 2009
It's the data folder that's killing it. Replace that with a data.img and it should boot right up (depending on amdgu I guess...)

Blank data entry uses the data folder, and since it's on an EXT4 partition, everything is fine there.

That Grub stanza works and boots with persistent data, it's just only on iGPU. The home desktop with an RX 480 stops on the initial console.

EDIT: I'm back at the desktop and will grab the log real quick.

EDIT2: Some interesting finds.

When booting with only an AMD GPU, the kernel module is not loaded on boot. Only one monitor (the one from BIOS/firmware) is on. lsmod shows the module as not loaded.

After modprobe amdgpu all three screens come on showing the same console session. Maybe if this gets initialized sooner, the UI would load?

Here's three logs

Initial logcat before loading amdgpu manually http://ix.io/23EV

Logcat after loading amdgpu http://ix.io/23EW

Dmesg after loading amdgpu http://ix.io/23EY

I will check if there's a kernel parameter I can pass to load this earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrikjesus

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Blank data entry uses the data folder, and since it's on an EXT4 partition, everything is fine there.

That Grub stanza works and boots with persistent data, it's just only on iGPU. The home desktop with an RX 480 stops on the initial console.

EDIT: I'm back at the desktop and will grab the log real quick.

EDIT2: Some interesting finds.

When booting with only an AMD GPU, the kernel module is not loaded on boot. Only one monitor (the one from BIOS/firmware) is on. lsmod shows the module as not loaded.

After modprobe amdgpu all three screens come on showing the same console session. Maybe if this gets initialized sooner, the UI would load?

Here's three logs

Initial logcat before loading amdgpu manually http://ix.io/23EV

Logcat after loading amdgpu http://ix.io/23EW

Dmesg after loading amdgpu http://ix.io/23EY

I will check if there's a kernel parameter I can pass to load this earlier.

Try to comment out the amdgpu from system/etc/modules.blacklist. That should allow things to boot normally with amdgpu as default.

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Bliss OS 12.1 Alpha Updates - 2019-12-06
!! Please remember to not quote these update posts, or any of the OP's !!

It's time for another round of updates on Bliss OS 12.x. This time, we have added improvements for many things under the hood. We did a complete rebase of Bliss OS 12 off of what Chih-Wei and Michael Goffioul have pushed to Android-x86 project. (Yes, this round the majority of the patches we started with ended up on their q-x86 branch :) ) and we also took a step back and combined most of the additions to Android-x86 we had in one vendor profile, you can find those changes on our GitHub here: https://github.com/BlissRoms-x86/platform_vendor_blissos

We added a sleep button to the power menu (ctrl-alt-del) and that is now working well as long as you are using Vulkan mode. For non-vulkan hardware, the drm_gralloc we use is still having issues with sleep.

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode, as I am considering making it the default. This can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet"

Builds being uploaded:
  • Bliss-v12.1-Bliss-OS-OFFICIAL-20191205-201912052127_k-undefined_m-q-x86_ld-q-x86_dg-q-x86_dh-q-x86.iso

General Updates List:
  • Updated Webview
  • Fixes for sleep when using the power menu. Access it using Ctrl+Alt+Del or the three dot menu from Taskbar.
  • Updated ffmpeg and stagefright-plugins
  • Added more policies to libaudio
  • Added more kernel modules for various wireless hardware
  • Some fixes for volume on many devices
  • Some upstream updates from Android-x86 project's q-x86 branch
  • and much much more, check the changelog.

Known new issues:
  • AOSP Gesture navbar crashes. Just don't try to use it yet.
  • Sleep states aren't working right on many machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart
  • Power buttons still don't work on a most machines.
  • Volume buttons might not affect media volume, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Changelog:

Code:
====================
     12-05-2019
====================

* external/ffmpeg/
a8329fe8a2 Android: only add notext to x86
bd53966f38 Fix compilation for Android Q / x86 target

* external/stagefright-plugins/
2e648ec Port to q-x86

====================
     12-04-2019
====================

====================
     12-03-2019
====================

====================
     12-02-2019
====================

* external/kernel-drivers/
ea956bd wl: fix building issue of q-x86

* hardware/libaudio/
9c283a7 Add a few more policies from frameworks/av

====================
     12-01-2019
====================

====================
     11-30-2019
====================

====================
     11-29-2019
====================

====================
     11-28-2019
====================

====================
     11-27-2019
====================

* art/
f2e4704a09 Revert "Assume all x86/x86_64 hosts support at least sse4.x/popcount."

* build/make/
5cd1286c8 Fix odm output directory for devices w/o vendor partition
c94a39937 envsetup: Automatically set CCACHE_EXEC to the system's ccache
81e224d10 Allow a device to generically define its own headers
e272f8c7f Enable dynamic linker warnings only on eng build
53a113b7f fs_config: Fix generation for devices without vendor partition
fbcd5ac5d build: Also replace techpack/audio old-style kernel header
223082abc add support for overriding build.prop settings.
9b0600448 Add extra variables to _readonly_late_variables
4e5583bcc build: Allow build-image-kernel-modules to be called from shell
e622e2a5a build: Automatically replace old-style kernel header includes with new header lib
c2ad31175 All operating systems are beautiful
573d6bf4e Use 0 compression when creating the target_files package
7c3a001cd envsetup: export ANDROID_BUILD_TOP earlier
3619458d0 More base_rules.mk optimizations
064548916 Improve performance (don't filter ALL_MODULES)
671ae710b Fix fs_config generation when there's no vendor/oem partitions

* build/soong/
4f69c9f1 Disable path restriction.

* kernel/
356cd45d110b Ignore build subdir
1dddaf417221 ion: Enable ion driver for Android-x86.

====================
     11-26-2019
====================

====================
     11-25-2019
====================

* external/alsa-lib/
b881b366 Android: add makefile and config.h
bcd334f5 local.h: remove sound/asoundef.h dependency
2b40312d asoundef.h: add CEA861_AUDIO_INFOFRAME defines
0aece285 include/sound: sync with the kernel v5.4

* external/alsa-utils/
2e0c01e Android: add makefile and config.h
18fcbac alsamixer: add exp10 for Android
8f4365d amixer: remove unnecessary prefix ../include/

* external/libdrm/
26165425 Merge tag libdrm-2.4.100 into q-x86

====================
     11-24-2019
====================

====================
     11-23-2019
====================

* external/alsa-lib/
1a4b3621 ucm: use-case.h - add <alsa/asoundlib.h> include

* system/core/
d0aa8878b2 init: set default selinux mode to permissive
36b9699458 init: set ro.boot.hardware to product name
458bddfeb6 ueventd: log to /dev/kmsg
f55cb2aac2 ueventd: auto load modules on uevents
3595d95f8d libsuspend: add sleep.state=force

====================
     11-22-2019
====================

* external/libffi/
c97ebeb Compile in support for closures

* external/mksh/
273649d mkshrc: add back the aliases I like

* system/core/
e37c5f37ae Software-accelerated Pixel Flinger
d0c34f9839 logd: show the concrete error if cap_set_proc fails
3d02f20d78 ueventd: fix the buggy logging
f1ba63b2bb init: handle ctrl-alt-del event
8b1071127d init: don't bail out even no SELinux domain defined
f88de0cc7e libsuspend: add powerbtnd thread
4ad7954729 init.rc: symlink /lib to /system/lib
43d2417674 Support use local time for RTC
55a241215d init: support usbmisc devices
63a41b749a libsuspend: make sleep state configurable and add a fallback
895232efef Mount debugfs earlier regardless build variant
267ea18c6e init: expand variables on mount_all command
ac0fb15080 diskconfig: Fix disk_layout.conf size parsing
7887ab9240 Use progressive offset in buffer for successive writes
9e4fd008ed libdiskconfig: HACK Don't do space checks on zero-size images
dba9fec52e Allow all to execute su
23a3d72024 init.rc: run the console shell as root
9ac10fb074 libutils: fix incorrect calculation in utf8_length() method
db7e5001c6 init: change firmware_dirs for Android-x86

====================
     11-21-2019
====================

* bionic/
57ff1ee2e Merge tag 'android-10.0.0_r14' into q-x86

* external/alsa-lib/
193ed64f pcm_file: fix pipe stall when pclose() is called too early
4a480362 ucm: add ${CardDriver} substitution

Thanks, and #stayblissful ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a problem about booting android and windows...
    After android, I installed a windows, but then I can only boot windows, I cannot see the grub menu, it directly jumped to bootmgfw.efi.
    I tried to rebuild EFI partition, didn't work.
    If delete windows uefi files, then I can see grub menu again.
    What settings should I do?
    You can use bcdedit to add grub to windows bootmgr.
    6R5b2X6.jpg

BlissLabs is pleased to present to you
    Bliss-OS for PCs

Based on Android
    An Open Source OS, based on Android, that incorporates many customizations options and added security features. And it is available for just about any Chromebook, Windows/Linux PC or tablet released in the last 10 years

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.[/font]

Bliss-OS comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

Information:

We started out our project with Bliss-x86 back in KitKat, and our first public release was with Android Marshmallow. Since then, we have been working with Android-x86 Project as part of their team, providing access to our infrastructure like Slack, GSuite, build servers, and more. Together we explore the potential options and development futures of Android-x86 project and integrate those options into Bliss OS. The parts that are chosen to work well with Android-x86 project (non-ROM based AOSP) are adopted and merged into Android-x86 base source code. This gives our project(s) a little wiggle room to try some out of the box thinking, and that is what we focus on here for development.

Those that would like to learn along side us are welcome to join our socials and start working along side us. If you choose to make your contributions official, we do have a form to join BlissLabs. If you are a project that wants to help rally along side with us, we also have a Project Application you could fill out for BlissLabs. Checkout that website for more info.

M8leihh.png

Bliss OS Website
    There's now a support bot added to the website for questions. Make sure you preface using (@ + ask) followed by your question content.
    Example:
    Code:
    @ask Can I run Bliss OS on my Acer laptop with an i7 and an AMD gpu?

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing

Please familiarize yourself with the methods of install as well as what could go wrong before moving forward. Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.

We have moved the instructions to be a part of our docs site

• For the main instructions to get going with Bliss OS, you can check out our docs site. Installation methods are the first things listed
    • If you get into a bind with your install, you should check out our knowledgebase section
    • And if you are ready to start building and testing new things, you can check out the development section of the docs site
    • When you are ready to contribute back to the project, we also have a Development section to the docs you should check out.

For budding developers, we also create the Android-Generic Project as a way to help make the Android-x86 development process a little easier to learn.

aWICthQ.png

Create Bug Report on our Issues Tracker

A7JONTD.png

Bliss OS Github
    Bliss OS Gerrit
    Kernel Source
    Kernel Drivers Source
    Kernel Firmware Source

Development Documentation

myCEQmI.png

| Website | Blog |
    | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram Group | Telegram Channel |

If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link

Or you can donate through OpenCollective

Or use our Amazon Smile link to let a % of your purchases go toward our organization

Thank you for using Bliss OS! And as always, #StayBlissful
    FAQ & Questions:

For all FAQ's, please check the Wiki or our Telegram Chat

Recent Update Posts:

Updates, Round 1 - 2019.11.19
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80950983&postcount=15

Second round of updates - 2019.12.16
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81122057&postcount=80

Bliss OS 12.2 Alpha Updates - 2019.12.28
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81329287&postcount=160

Bliss OS - Yantra - 12.2 Beta Release - 2020.02.05
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81688893&postcount=229

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.3 Beta Release - 2020-02-23
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81845175&postcount=296

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.4 Release Candidate 1 - 2020-02-27
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=81880187&postcount=309

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.5 Release Client 2.1 - 2020-03-26
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82110111&postcount=389

Bliss OS "Merkaba" 12.6 Release Client 2.2 - 2020-05-05
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82490635&postcount=451

Bliss OS "Merkaba" 12.6 Release Client 2.2 - AMD - 2020-04-23 & Bliss OS Lite Alpha Release - Vulkan - 2020-05-31
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82731139&postcount=499

Bliss OS "Sri" 12.8 - Introducing Android-Generic v1.1 Vulkan & Generic-Intel Builds - 2020-06-30
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82968733&postcount=543

AG-10 Bliss OS 12.12 - Generic Build - 2020-10-07
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83661857&postcount=674

AG-11 & Bliss OS 14.3 - Generic Build - 2021/06/17

Bliss OS 14.3 - Generic 5.4 Builds (32bit FOSS / 64bit Gapps) - 2021/06/18

Bliss OS 14.3 - Generic x86_64 - kernel-5.10.42 - 06.26.21

Bliss OS 14.3 FOSS - x86/x86_64 - kernel-5.10.50 - 07.24.21

Return to Bliss OS - v14.x & v15.x Stable Releases - 07.10.23
    Bliss OS 12.2 Alpha Updates - 2019-12-28

It's a little late for Christmas, but early for new years, so I have another update for all of you to test. Tons of updates that won't show up in the changelog, like a bunch for firmware and kernel drivers. As well as a bunch of silead touchscreen firmwares added to the mix. Thanks to a few upstream updates from Android-x86 project, we finally got Superuser added properly too (must be enabled from Developer Options in Settings), so that is also included, as well as a non-functioning switch in Settings for enabling Houdini (yeah, that's still broken). S3 sleep modes have also been tweaked a little to hopefully work better, just remember to use the Sleep option from the power menu now and not a third party app.

Taskbar might need to be updated from Play Store for it to properly hide the nav bar, but things there are working great!!

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode, as I am considering making it the default. This can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet"

Builds being uploaded:
    • Bliss-OS-v12.2-x86_64-OFFICIAL-201912272156_k-k4.19.80-ax86-ga-q_m-q-x86_ld-q-x86_dg-_dh-q-x86.iso

General Updates List:
    • More fixes for sleep when using the power menu. Access it using Ctrl+Alt+Del or the three dot menu from Taskbar.
    • More updates to stagefright-plugins
    • Added more kernel modules for various wireless hardware
    • Some fixes for sound and volume on many devices
    • and much much more, check the changelog.

Known new issues:
    • AOSP Gesture navbar might crash still
    • Sleep states aren't working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart
    • Power buttons still don't work on a most machines.
    • Volume buttons might not affect media volume, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Download:

You still have to go through our website to download. The default download link for the alphas has been updated.

Changelog:

Code:
    ====================
         12-27-2019
    ====================

* bootable/newinstaller/
    20d3e2e Merge remote-tracking branch 'ax86/q-x86' into HEAD
    63c8e6b init: do not modify /default.prop

* device/generic/common/
    4012579 Add optional native bridge and widevine
    0f4ea69 Merge remote-tracking branch 'ax86/q-x86' into q-x86-12.1
    6cf5d7f init: allow to disable SetupWizard
    f96a177 init: allow to set ro.sf.lcd_density by DPI in cmdline

* vendor/blissos/
    580ea7cc Update to 12.2
    32d32840 Script updates for houdini and widevine inclusion
    701585df Remove NexusLauncher

====================
         12-26-2019
    ====================

* device/generic/common/
    999e952 Update to track our own houdini
    dc379ac Insist that a few product inherits are found
    135c675 Add a couple more Superuser package variants

* external/koush/Superuser/
    27b7d22 Make the icons more visible
    c61bc31 Fix pin dialog crashing

* packages/apps/Settings/
    e565b279b0 Add Android-x86 dashboard
    ea248ebd65 Settings: Add Superuser entry

====================
         12-25-2019
    ====================

* device/generic/common/
    574cda7 Reset superuser configs to ax86's q branch
    1eec22c Add another superuser package variant
    815bd7c Reset nativebridge to android-x86 sources

* packages/apps/Settings/
    37f98643f4 Settings: Add developer setting for root access
    10fbbd75cb Add information about OpenGL driver version
    d6d04c55cc Add Manufacturer to device info

====================
         12-24-2019
    ====================

* device/generic/common/
    cba4d81 Update Superuser calls
    a29e99a Staging houdin changes

====================
         12-23-2019
    ====================

* external/koush/Superuser/
    2c2f827 Replace android.support.v4.app by AndroidX

* external/koush/Widgets/
    642ab34 Fix crashing
    a3c5c1e Replace android.support.v4.app by AndroidX

====================
         12-22-2019
    ====================

====================
         12-21-2019
    ====================

* external/stagefright-plugins/
    d32297d Port to q-x86

====================
         12-20-2019
    ====================

====================
         12-19-2019
    ====================

* frameworks/base/
    5ad841cc802b Enabling suspend on IVI after clicking sleep from the power button menu.

* system/core/
    ff43c53f5e libcutils: add probe_module

====================
         12-18-2019
    ====================

* device/generic/common/
    73c011b Akoya P2213T: Fix orientation of auto rotation

* frameworks/base/
    c29a214a9af1 Align the pageBlockOrder to the kerne 4.19 kernel

* vendor/blissos/
    9378ffc0 Updates for q-12.1

====================
         12-17-2019
    ====================

* vendor/blissos/
    182435d2 Use vendor/GMS for USE_GMS

====================
         12-16-2019
    ====================

====================
         12-15-2019
    ====================

====================
         12-14-2019
    ====================

====================
         12-13-2019
    ====================

* bootable/newinstaller/
    5e88beb Merge remote-tracking branch 'ax86/pie-x86' into HEAD
    c8ead07 Update filename for new Bliss OS version name

* external/ax86-nb-qemu/
    83784e3 Updates for q-x86

* external/ax86-nb-qemu-guest/
    55b45ba Update patch for q
    eaa55f7 Updates for q-x86

* vendor/google/chromeos-x86/
    abc8257 extract-files.sh: Update to 12499.66.0_atlas

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.3 Beta Release - 2020-02-23

The Bliss devs have been working hard to bring you all some awesome updates, and I have also had some time to get quite a few things done for this project too, so we're bringing you another jam-packed update of Bliss OS 12.x. Some of the biggest highlights in this update are working mic, device admin, widevine video codecs, and we added a few titlebar buttons too (these will be submitted upstream to Android-x86 Project eventually). Make sure that you read the changelogs for all the juicy details, and hit the Thanks button if things are working better this round.

Here's a short list of some of those updates.

Updates include:
    • New themes and theme updates
    • New fonts and font updates
    • Permissions updates for some Google apps
    • Look & Feel updates to Settings
    • Updates and fixes to dialer
    • Added Active Edge support for some devices
    • Added many new options to Blissify
    • Updates for a few LineageParts related features
    Added titlebar buttons for minimize and pip (picture in picture) mode
    • Much much more, see the changelogs

Bugs fixed:
    • Microphone bugs are fixed
    • Sound bugs on many devices are fixed
    • Widevine is now working
    • native navbars and guesture navigation is now fixed
    • Flashlight notification fixes
    • Camera fixes (use Open-Camera)
    • Various fixes to SystemUI
    • Fixes for a few LineageParts related issues
    • Fixes in PerformanceManager

PLEASE NOTE I recommend everyone testing to also use this in Vulkan mode or boot using gbm_gralloc, as I am considering making it the default. Vulkan mode can be done from the Advanced grub menu if you installed using the bootable installer, or if you used a different grub, you will want to add "VULKAN=1" to the grub entry before the word "quiet". If your device doesn't support Vulkan, you can add "GRALLOC=gbm" to the same place in your grub entry. Sleep states should work fine after that.

Builds being uploaded:
    • Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.3-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202002231104_k-k4.19.95-ax86-ga-rmi_m-19.3.3-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-q10.0-x86_mg-_gms_cros-hd_cros-wv.iso
    • Will also be posting another build without the custom RMI fixes.

Known new issues:
    • Sleep states aren't working right on a few machines. Some can cause SystemUI to restart
    • Power buttons still don't work on a most machines. You can now set Volume buttons to wake the device from Settings > Blissify. Sometimes Power button may work to wake the device.
    • Touch/Mouse interaction might stop sometimes upon screen on or boot. To fix this, set Swipe as your lock method in Settings
    • Sensor input is still not working, so rotation will have to be set manually
    • Some machines still have volume/sound issues, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Download:

You still have to go through our website to download. The download section for Bliss OS 12 Betas has been updated.

Changelog:

Code:
    Changelog too big to include. I have uploaded all the changelogs from my test builds though so you all can see the changes. See full changelogs list here:
    All changelogs - [url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/blissos-dev/files/Beta[/url]

Bliss OS "Yantra" 12.2 Beta Release - 2020-02-05

OK peeps, what we have here is a little departure from our last update. This update marks the start of Bliss OS - Yantra. What this will be is a separate version of Bliss OS with all the bells and whistles added. Where our last releases were mostly AOSP with a few Pixel related additions, the Yantra releases will include commits from many other Android ROM teams, like LOS, Paranoid Android, Omni, AICP, etc.
    These builds also remove some of the compatibility problems with non-x86 or universal apps we were seeing with the alphas. So for the time being, until ChromeOS updates to use Android 10 blobs, or there is an open-source solution for running Arm apps, you won't be able to run those types of apps. If you want your favorite game to work as intended on Bliss OS, then please complain to the game developer and ask them to release universal apks for their game.

For troubleshooting, we also now have a way of specifying what hardware composer and gralloc source we want to use from Grub command line:
    HWC=xxx: Define DRM_HWComposer - options include drm, drm_minigbm, and intel.
    GRALLOC=xxx: Define DRM_Gralloc - options include gbm, minigbm, and intel.

Difference between the builds:
    First one is using Android-x86's kernel-4.9 branch (based off kernel-4.19.95) without any changes. On this branch, some of my machines were having issues with the keyboard and touchpad, so for those devices that have troubles, we also have the second build, using the kernel branch, k4.19.80-ga-q, and this includes the removal of HID_RMI with the connections now defaulting to use HID_MULTITOUCH instead.

UPDATE 02.07.20 - Two updated builds added to help get rid of ueventd issues.
    These builds have an updated kernel including all the commits to support chromebooks. The second build has the HID_RMI stuff added to the kernel so that some troublesome touchpads and synaptics touchscreens now work. These two builds also have some of the ARM compatibility libraries added back, so users can hopefully install a couple of the apps that were working fine before.

Builds being uploaded:
    • Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.2-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202002051133_k-k4.19.80-ax86-ga-q_m-19.3.0-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-q10.0-x86_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
    • Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.2-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202002051304_k-kernel-4.19_m-19.3.0-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-q10.0-x86_mg-_gms_cros-wv.iso
      Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.2-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202002062215_k-k4.19.95-ax86-ga-rmi_m-19.3.0-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-q10.0-x86_mg-_gms_cros-hd_cros-wv.iso
      Bliss-OS-Yantra-v12.2-android_x86_64-OFFICIAL-202002071251_k-k4.19.95-ax86-ga_m-19.3.0-ax86-q_ld-2.4.100-ax86-ma_dg-_dh-q10.0-x86_mg-_gms_cros-hd_cros-wv.iso

General Updates List:
    • Added more fixes for sleep. Sleep from power menu is currently missing. Access it using Ctrl+Alt+Del or the three dot menu from Taskbar.
    • Added sleep options like double-tap to sleep from statusbar or lockscreen
    • Added Blissify app for customizations
    • Generic Kernel updates for the "kernel-4.19" build
    • Fixes for sound and volume on many devices
    • and much much more, check the changelogs.

Known new issues:
    • AOSP Gesture navbar might crash still - Future builds will include XDA's Navigation Gestures app in order to provide a solution for Gestures. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nobar
    • Power buttons still don't work on a most machines. You can now set Volume buttons to wake the device from Settings > Blissify. Sometimes Power button may work to wake the device.
    • Touch/Mouse interaction might stop sometimes upon screen on or boot. To fix this, set Swipe as your lock method in Settings
    • Sensor input is still not working, so rotation will have to be set manually
    • Some machines still have volume/sound issues, use 3rd party EQ or volume control.

Download:

You still have to go through our website to download. The download section for Bliss OS 12 Betas has been updated.

Changelog:

Code:
    Changelog too big to include. See full changelogs here:
    All changelogs - [url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/blissos-dev/files/Beta[/url]