FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bromite magisk module

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from clcombs262: 4.0.0 now available! Should work on stock ROMs too now
6th June 2019, 01:58 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWrick

Problem is the version is kept anonymous.

So there is no easier way to find what version of Bromite u r flashing.

No details in Magisk module, nothing.

I mean, I know u can't keep the browser up-to-date, but that doesn't mean, u need to hide it too. It dumb thing to do.

We don't hide anything; the app version is easily found under app info

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using XDA Labs

6th June 2019, 02:01 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvineLord

anyway to exclude the actual bromite webview from the zip and script it detect architecture and download correct version and install as system since the filesize is awfully large 150mb+!? i guess that'd make it only work in magisk manager and not twrp flash.

It was chosen to do it this way because the last attempted way broke versions 1.4-2.0, we just aimed for a stable version

Thanks for the feedback though, we'll definitely consider it in v3.0

The Following User Says Thank You to clcombs262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clcombs262 Ad-Free
6th June 2019, 03:43 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcombs262

Exactly what it says

but it doesn't say.it converts chrome to work with other view?
6th June 2019, 03:53 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

but it doesn't say.it converts chrome to work with other view?

Because it doesn't

It de-systemized chrome so it won't act as a preferred webview

6th June 2019, 11:46 PM |#15  
Mars
Thanks Meter: 1,000

Donate to Me
More
Weird, I installed this module on Xz premium (stock pie) but it's not showing in selection of webviews, in developer settings ,not there at all.
I use Google-free Chinese version with NanoDroid installed.

I don't think it's module problem, it appears in list of system apps,but system doesn't recognise it as Webview.
Edit: just tried to push apk into system, results are the same.

Theoretically if I repack apk with the same name as android Webview maybe system will recognise it.
6th June 2019, 11:54 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good evening, first friend, excuse my English, I use Google translator! I installed on my Xiaomi S2 Android 9 Miui10 and everything OK. Only application that gave bad was OLX. Reminding friends that I installed Magisk and used the Titanium backup to freeze the Google View.
7th June 2019, 01:30 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Not working on the few AOSP / LOS ROMs for the OnePlus 3 I've tried.
Module installs but there's no Bromite webview under developer options
8th June 2019, 02:26 AM |#18  
Flag Butwal
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
Anyway I have to uinstall it because I couldn't open Gmail and other apps behaved bad, i.e exit itself.

Waited few days, rebooted but nothing worked.

Device: 1+5, Magisk, Twrp, Oxygen Os Latest
8th June 2019, 11:50 AM |#19  
Flag Fondi, LT
Thanks Meter: 381

More
Since the download is big and not always internet is stable, can you restructure the module the way osm0sis did with his Adreno Drivers Installer? So we download Bromite webview on our own and the module simply will install it through magisk, the module itself would be extremely smaller. Plus you would be free of the worry of updating the webview to follow original Bromite updates. Think about it, it's just an idea, but I think it's solid. Thank you for the effort put in the module

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6 utilizzando Tapatalk
8th June 2019, 10:12 PM |#20  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 85

More
last module is totally working great and got rid of stock webview and replaced by only bromite webiew but the latest update breaks it! why during installation need to download required files? in my case after it prompts "downloading required files" and succesfully flashed in magisk then after bromite webview implementation in developer option is empty!!!

-i think you did this because someone says module is too big and sometime internet not stable but please its not a good idea! i even go to computer shop just to download anything s**ts! please return it like the previous version. last version works great

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

The latest update breaks the functionality of the module! why during installion of magisk it needs to download required files! after updating i checked on developer option and now its empty! reverted back to old version and now im back with bromite webview! personally for me i dont care if the given zip is big as long as it works. please revert the module just like before
9th June 2019, 12:34 AM |#21  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 392

More
i installed v3.0 it downloaded the files but the log shows an issue with the webview folder so it couldn't the copy files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, custom android rom, magisk 18.1, universal, webview

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)