FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bromite magisk module

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from clcombs262: 4.0.0 now available! Should work on stock ROMs too now
9th June 2019, 12:34 AM |#21  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 392

More
i installed v3.0 it downloaded the files but the log shows an issue with the webview folder so it couldn't the copy files.

9th June 2019, 03:29 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
We're excited to be releasing version 3.1

Sorry for the massive bug introduced in v3.0 but 3.1 is confirmed working on AOSP, RR, LOS, and OOS (needs testing). For some reason, appropriate directory was not getting copied over

Changelog:
  • Fixed installer and boot scripts (finally!)
  • Reduced file size by downloading external resources separate
  • Attempt to support more webview installation scenarios
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clcombs262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clcombs262 Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 03:32 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemathic

last module is totally working great and got rid of stock webview and replaced by only bromite webiew but the latest update breaks it! why during installation need to download required files? in my case after it prompts "downloading required files" and succesfully flashed in magisk then after bromite webview implementation in developer option is empty!!!

-i think you did this because someone says module is too big and sometime internet not stable but please its not a good idea! i even go to computer shop just to download anything s**ts! please return it like the previous version. last version works great

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

The latest update breaks the functionality of the module! why during installion of magisk it needs to download required files! after updating i checked on developer option and now its empty! reverted back to old version and now im back with bromite webview! personally for me i dont care if the given zip is big as long as it works. please revert the module just like before

Please check version 3.1

Unfortunately I do not recommend sticking with v2.1.1 (last fully offline flashable release) as it is missing several important script fixes
9th June 2019, 04:20 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvineLord

i installed v3.0 it downloaded the files but the log shows an issue with the webview folder so it couldn't the copy files.

Please check v3.1 it's fixed

Just requires internet connection now

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to clcombs262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clcombs262 Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 04:23 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWrick

Anyway I have to uinstall it because I couldn't open Gmail and other apps behaved bad, i.e exit itself.

Waited few days, rebooted but nothing worked.

Device: 1+5, Magisk, Twrp, Oxygen Os Latest

On older versions OOS was a known issue due to odd folder naming

Please try v3.1; it's only had minimal testing with OOS

9th June 2019, 04:52 AM |#26  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 392

More
i installed v3.1 chrome webview is gone and it shows aosp webview only so i used root explorer to check filesize and it seems to be the bromite webview size. i think bromite webview is conflicting with aosp webview and aosp browser.

i could see this getting endorsement from bromite devs if u can knockout some of the kinks.
9th June 2019, 04:54 AM |#27  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clcombs262

Please check version 3.1

Unfortunately I do not recommend sticking with v2.1.1 (last fully offline flashable release) as it is missing several important script fixes

but bromite webview is on developer option? can we get other option to have offline installation! but great work. subscribed! will watch your project
9th June 2019, 07:39 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 400

More
hello.i have installed bromite both in my Xiaomi RN5 stock Miui & RN4 with custom Pie rom, but when i test it according this video https://youtu.be/vrs3NEsxA0w but weird thing is that sometimes it works,but most times it don't.is there anything more i need to do?
9th June 2019, 09:07 AM |#29  
Flag Naval
Thanks Meter: 85

More
the latest updates works fine in my redmi note 5 pro whyred running aosip
9th June 2019, 01:37 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvineLord

i installed v3.1 chrome webview is gone and it shows aosp webview only so i used root explorer to check filesize and it seems to be the bromite webview size. i think bromite webview is conflicting with aosp webview and aosp browser.

i could see this getting endorsement from bromite devs if u can knockout some of the kinks.

For some strange reason on some ROMs even with a successful installation of the module it thinks it still has AOSP webview

Unfortunately the actual problem is unknown currently so there is no solution

The Following User Says Thank You to clcombs262 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clcombs262 Ad-Free
9th June 2019, 03:49 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Monticello

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by problemathic

but bromite webview is on developer option? can we get other option to have offline installation! but great work. subscribed! will watch your project

That would require maintaining 2 copies of the module, so no current plans to implement an offline installer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, custom android rom, magisk 18.1, universal, webview

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)