FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Building Slim7 for MSM8917 (LG K20 Plus) - build error involving ALSA?

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

Post Reply Email Thread
Totally new to ROM building, but I want LG's crap rom off my phone, so I'm trying to install Slim7 on it... yea, it's not easy, since there's next to no developer support for this device.

I've downloaded LG's source and have tried to assimilate it into Slim's source (basically merging everything but the frameworks folder) and am now trying to build.

But this is the Ninja error I get:

Code:
ninja: Entering directory `.'
ninja: error: '/home/android/Desktop/cheap_android_love/out/target/product/generic_arm64/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/usr', needed by '/home/android/Desktop/cheap_android_love/out/target/product/generic_arm64/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libtinyalsa_intermediates/mixer.o', missing and no known rule to make it
build/core/ninja.mk:151: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1
I've checked the directory, and the "obj" folder doesn't even exist in the out folder, so this error seems impossible to me... help me out? What files do I need to look at?

XDA:DevDB Information
Slim7 // LG K20 Plus, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
mocklee
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LG Source

Version Information

Created 2017-07-24
Last Updated 2017-07-23
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mocklee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mocklee Ad-Free

24th July 2017, 01:14 PM |#2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocklee

Totally new to ROM building, but I want LG's crap rom off my phone, so I'm trying to install Slim7 on it... yea, it's not easy, since there's next to no developer support for this device.

I've downloaded LG's source and have tried to assimilate it into Slim's source (basically merging everything but the frameworks folder) and am now trying to build.

Code:
ninja: error: '/home/android/Desktop/cheap_android_love/out/target/product/generic_arm64/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/usr', needed by '/home/android/Desktop/cheap_android_love/out/target/product/generic_arm64/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libtinyalsa_intermediates/mixer.o', missing and no known rule to make it
I've checked the directory, and the "obj" folder doesn't even exist in the out folder, so this error seems impossible to me... help me out? What files do I need to look at?

Contributors
mocklee

Version Information

Created 2017-07-24
Last Updated 2017-07-23

Sorry I can't help, bro. I'm interested in seeing you work this out though.
2nd August 2017, 04:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Where did you find source at ?
2nd September 2017, 04:24 PM |#4  
Flag Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Thanks Meter: 3,628

More
Quote:

Code:

Contributors
mocklee

Version Information

Created 2017-07-24
Last Updated 2017-07-23

Where is the device tree? I can fix this!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
3rd September 2017, 02:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-FUSE

Where is the device tree? I can fix this!

I can't help , but I hope a developer sees thread this and helps u out. The K20 plus is a worthy mid priced phone , and we desperately need a custom Rom for it.
3rd September 2017, 02:58 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamacker77

I can't help , but I hope a developer sees thread this and helps u out. The K20 plus is a worthy mid priced phone , and we desperately need a custom Rom for it.

There is my GitHub , I'm going to get something going soon , hopefully. I know a little bit of what I am doing. Hell , I got the zte zmax on 7.1.2

https://github.com/dfuse06?tab=repositories

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-FUSE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D-FUSE Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 04:09 AM |#7  
Flag So, Cal
Thanks Meter: 576

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is my GitHub , I'm going to get something going soon , hopefully. I know a little bit of what I am doing. Hell , I got the zte zmax on 7.1.2

https://github.com/dfuse06?tab=repositories

D-FUSE, long time, where you been?
The Following User Says Thank You to kc6wke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kc6wke Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 04:10 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6wke

D-FUSE, long time, where you been?

I've been good , just got this phone.

3rd September 2017, 04:15 AM |#9  
Flag So, Cal
Thanks Meter: 576

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've been good , just got this phone.

Same here, need this phone to be Broken, hook us up.
3rd September 2017, 04:17 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6wke

Same here, need this phone to be Broken, hook us up.

Broken is pretty much dead , but I'm with GZR now. I wanted to look at dudes tree , but it looks like I'll have to start from scratch. From the error doesn't look like dude even got it to take off

3rd September 2017, 07:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Code:

Contributors
mocklee

Version Information

Created 2017-07-24
Last Updated 2017-07-23

Why you are building 64 bit kernel

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Omg you merged lg source into slim...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-k20-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)