Thanks Meter: 1,431

By TheHitMan, Senior Member on 30th November 2019, 10:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2019, 01:51 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitMan

This thread will be updated tomorrow. I am already occupied today.

Ok, I'll check back when the thread gets updated.
3rd December 2019, 05:03 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamirpur (H.P)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy12359

Ok, I'll check back when the thread gets updated.

But still new builds are posted in my BiTGApps Telegram channel. I will update here after i fix server stuff. I am shifting to a new server for hosting downloads.
3rd December 2019, 05:21 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitMan

But still new builds are posted in my BiTGApps Telegram channel. I will update here after i fix server stuff. I am shifting to a new server for hosting downloads.

Appreciate the feedback. Not on telegram, so whenever it becomes available on xda is fine. Just wanted to give the arm 10 variant a try. Cheers and good luck on the server changeover.
3rd December 2019, 11:56 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarco1

Because when I returned to v. 0.5 the phone stopped heating up. But these are only my assumptions

And just to confirm, you are running Android 10 Q, right??
4th December 2019, 12:55 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baim alif

usually i use opengapps ,, and now i will try bitgapps

BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-v0.6_signed
Device YSL

so far no problem at all ... good
SOT up to 7 hours
4th December 2019, 11:26 AM |#26  
Flag Ingolstadt
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Sorry for noop question.
I'm on CrDroid 5.10 Pie and use OpenGapps. Now i want to try BiTGApps.
Can i use the latest BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-v0.5_signed.zip for Pie roms or is it only for Q?
Where can i find the package for Pie roms?

Can someone give me direct link for BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-v0.6_signed ?
4th December 2019, 11:34 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamirpur (H.P)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_TC

Sorry for noop question.
Can i use the latest BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-v0.5_signed.zip for Pie roms or is it only for Q?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7&postcount=22
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHitMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheHitMan Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 01:09 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed BiTGApps via TWRP. The installation was successful (according to TWRP), so I did Reboot System, but I don't see any Google apps installed. What did I do wrong? I have Paranoid Android Quartz on Xiaomi Mi 9.
4th December 2019, 06:38 PM |#29  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,865

More
@TheHitMan can you provide an example config file for people to use? Specifically, should the GApps options be set to true like this:

Code:
SetupWizard=true
or
Code:
SetupWizard true
?

EDIT: Also, what should the config file be named?
4th December 2019, 09:17 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Since switching to BitGApps, my messaging app (Signal) has not always been delivering messages to my phone promptly. Could this be due to "Battery Optimization for GMS Core and its component." What apps do I need to disable battery optimizations for in order to ensure prompt google push notification delivery? Running Android 10 (LOS 17).
4th December 2019, 09:39 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_TC

Sorry for noop question.

OK, first off, the answer to your original question is 'NO'. If you, or anyone reading this thread, is using a Pie rom, that would be version 9 of Android, right? So.... you want a BiTGApps-arm64-9.0.0 flavor of this gapps package. The 9 flavor is for Pie, the 10 flavors are for Android 10 Q. Makes sense, now, yes?

For your second question, the newest version of the gapps for Pie is called BiTGApps-arm64-9.0.0-v12_signed.zip . As to where you can get it, well for the time being the Dev is having some work done to his server, so the only way to get it is by using the Telegram app, and joining the channel that is listed in the very first post in this thread. It's a pain for people who don't normally use Telegram, but that's the way it is until the Dev gets things straightened out with his server.

Or as a final option, if you or anyone were in a pinch to get the file, a nicely asked favor might get them the file via a Google Drive download. You never know?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack177

I installed BiTGApps via TWRP. The installation was successful (according to TWRP), so I did Reboot System, but I don't see any Google apps installed. What did I do wrong? I have Paranoid Android Quartz on Xiaomi Mi 9.

That is part of the purpose of using this gapps package. VERY minimal install of Google apps, just enough to get your phone up and running. So, you won't see any of the normal Google apps as being installed, because they aren't. If you need/want any, you'll have to install them via the playstore.

But as I said, that is only part of the reason this gapps package was created. The other, and to me, more important part, is so that now we can apply battery optimization to most all of the Google services that we could not before. That results in a MUCH improved battery life, trust me!!
Another good feature of this gapps package is not having to go thru the Google setup right at the startup of a newly flashed rom. I think it's great!

So, in a nutshell, if you can go to settings and add your Google Account, and then access the playstore, you have done things right. Enjoy!!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpamDan

@TheHitMan can you provide an example config file for people to use? Specifically, should the GApps options be set to true like this:

Code:
SetupWizard=true
or
Code:
SetupWizard true
?

EDIT: Also, what should the config file be named?

I'm not NoSpamDan, obviously, but I will answer your question since NSD seems to be very busy these days. If you were a Telegram user, there would be a file available along with the gapps package called "config.txt" . That is what is should be named.

For you, and others who do not use Telegram, and until NSD gets his server up and running, here is what the config.txt file contains, exactly:

Code:
##############################################################
# File name       : config.txt
#
# Description     : Set various installation functions
#
# Build Date      : Sunday November 03 21:43:37 IST 2019
#
# Updated on      : Saturday November 30 22:27:42 IST 2019
#
# GitHub          : TheHitMan7 <[email protected]>
#
# BiTGApps Author : TheHitMan @ xda-developers
#
# Copyright       : Copyright (C) 2019 TheHitMan7 (Kartik Verma)
#
# License         : SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-or-later
#
# The BiTGApps scripts are free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# These scripts are distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
##############################################################

# This config file should be placed in root of internal storage

# Set here "true", if you want to install SetupWizard components
ro.config.setupwizard=false
Just copy/paste that into a new .txt file named config.txt, and you are golden. The very last line is the answer to your question about how it should be edited. If there is a false as the last word, then the Setup Wizard will not run on the first time you boot into your flashed rom. If it reads true, then the Setup Wizard will run as normal in all other gapp packages.

And finally, there's the question as to where this config.txt file goes. It HAS to be in the root of your Internal Storage. Well, let me clear that up also. It only HAS to be in the root of Internal Storage if you want the Google Setup Wizard to run like normal when you first boot a freshly flashed rom. The last word has to be true. If there is no config.txt in the root of your Internal Storage, or if there is, but the last word is false, then BiTGApps will NOT run the wizard on startup.

Hope that was clear to you, and everyone who is a little perplexed as to how this whole thing works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oblias For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oblias Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android q, arm, arm64, oreo, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)