[GAPPS][8.0][ARM/ARM64][DAILY] OPENGAPPS Oreo - Unofficial

Search This thread
G

GuestK0051

I present to you unofficial OPENGAPPS for Android 8.0 (Oreo), updated weekly. These are based on official opengapps.org sources.
If you would like to try building them yourself follow this tutorial and if you have any questions or problems you can PM me.
You can find more info on their website or on XDA.

I will not be providing Full packages as these don't get downloaded very often. If you would like these packages anyway I can still build then for you, but don't expect frequent updates.

Everything is hosted on Android File Host, below you can find direct download links for every package:

Arm:

Pico - Updated 01.10.2017
Nano - Updated 01.10.2017
Micro - Updated 01.10.2017
Mini - Updated 01.10.2017
Stock - Updated 01.10.2017
Aroma - Updated 01.10.2017

Arm64:

Pico - Updated 01.10.2017
Nano - Updated 01.10.2017
Micro - Updated 01.10.2017
Mini - Updated 01.10.2017
Stock - Updated 01.10.2017
Aroma - Updated 01.10.2017

I will try to update all the packages every other day, but if I skip an update it's probably due to some problems, so please patiently wait.

Now about changelogs: Since these are based on opengapps source and I just build then, I don't have any changelogs. But don't let this disappoint you. Opengapps are just google apps taken from the playstore and compiled together, so providing changelogs would be useless since all you're getting are app updates.

Instructions for flashing:

1. Flash ROM
2. Flash gapps

You can dirty flash gapps if you want to update them, but this is the same as downloading updates from the playstore so it's pretty useless. But it is very useful if you want to install a larger package.

Advanced features:

Opengapps are very customisable. You can pick exactly which apps you want installed and even some other very useful customisations. You can learn more about them here: Advanced options
I've provided a template of gapps-config.txt, which you can customise to your liking. More about this in the link above. Get it here: gapps-config.txt

Error reports:

If you face any issues while using these I'll do everything to try to help, so be as precise and descriptive as possible. Provide at least this information:
- Architecture (arm/arm64)
- Variation (pico, mini...)
- Device model (Redmi Note 3...)
- Zip date (which version you flashed - 28.09.3017...)
- When did you face the problem (While flashing, after booting, later on...)
- Describe the situation (Setup wizard force closed, can't sign in...)

This way I can test on my own devices and look into the problem. But again, I only build these gapps, so I may not be able to fix your particular problem.

Please don't ask for ETA, I try to build and upload these as fast as possible, but I run in to a lot of trouble as well, especially since I've just moved hosts and am setting everything up. Also I don't really care about the rating, but don't give bad ratings if something crashes, since it's mostly a compatibility issue with your rom, remember, I only build these packages, not make them, they are downloaded from opengapps' github repo.

Since I'm busy with high school updates are going to be a little slower than usual. Please don't ask for ETA. Also I will firstly try to fix the problems some users reported, but expect an update for all the packages in less than a week. Since I'm just a student I can't dedicate my whole day to gapps. Thanks for understanding ?

Last edited:
G

GuestK0051

Ok? i will go with afh?
And where is nano for arm 64?

"I will not be providing Nano and Full packages as these don't get downloaded very often. If you would like these packages anyway I can still build then for you, but don't expect frequent updates."

I updated the thread a little. But since nano isn't that big I guess I can still build and upload it. Expect it in about 30 min.

Krutik jain

Feb 17, 2017
Ahmedabad
"I will not be providing Nano and Full packages as these don't get downloaded very often. If you would like these packages anyway I can still build then for you, but don't expect frequent updates."

I updated the thread a little. But since nano isn't that big I guess I can still build and upload it. Expect it in about 30 min.
Cool thanks btw i will be regular downloader of nano and please update it regularly if possible it's a request ?

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 using XDA Labs

G

GuestK0051

Hey man ..i installed ur gapp on NoS oreo but setting and sim wizard fc ..is there any way to flash without theae issues...

Not as far as I know, this is a compatibility issue. But you can prevent Setup Wizard from force closing by removing the sim tray and rebooting. You can reinsert it after finishing with all the google settings (when you get to the launcher). This isn't a problem with just my packages so you would get the same result using any unofficial gapps.

M

maultasche

Hi, thank you so much for your work. I'd like to know if there is a fix for being stuck after installation is done?

Pico Gapps 10/01/2017
HTC One M8, arm

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-01-17-55-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-01-17-55-17.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 297
  • open_gapps_log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 33
G

GuestK0051

Hi, thank you so much for your work. I'd like to know if there is a fix for being stuck after installation is done?

Pico Gapps 10/01/2017
HTC One M8, arm

Sorry, but I haven't found one yet. But I've tested with my Nexus 5 and after it says "Installation complete" you can safely reboot to system. It should work fine after that. I'll try and find a fix for that though.

Zisi911

Apr 29, 2011
Athens
any ideas how to make pixel icons work cause i flashed he apps and pixel icons and launcher were in and i can see the apk in the system folder but the icons or any setting for that do not appear

Reactions: zeft64

sarveshrulz

Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai
Not as far as I know, this is a compatibility issue. But you can prevent Setup Wizard from force closing by removing the sim tray and rebooting. You can reinsert it after finishing with all the google settings (when you get to the launcher). This isn't a problem with just my packages so you would get the same result using any unofficial gapps.
Bro, there isn't any problem with mcaosp ultrapico gapps for kenzo in any of the o roms, if possible can you please check them.
Maybe if possible you can import setup wizard from them. Which is maybe tweaked a little for Oreo.

G

GuestK0051

Bro, there isn't any problem with mcaosp ultrapico gapps for kenzo in any of the o roms, if possible can you please check them.
Maybe if possible you can import setup wizard from them. Which is maybe tweaked a little for Oreo.
I can try, but they (ultrapico gapps) are not based on opengapps, that's the problem. Again, I just build opengapps from their sources. Also my goal is quantity, even though I try to fix all the problems as well. For now try the solution I provided and I'll se what I can do.

sarveshrulz

Dec 23, 2015
Mumbai
I can try, but they (ultrapico gapps) are not based on opengapps, that's the problem. Again, I just build opengapps from their sources. Also my goal is quantity, even though I try to fix all the problems as well. For now try the solution I provided and I'll se what I can do.
Setup wizard is same of both the gapps.
But there is no source of mcaosp gapps, that's the biggest problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any ideas how to make pixel icons work cause i flashed he apps and pixel icons and launcher were in and i can see the apk in the system folder but the icons or any setting for that do not appear