- Android 7.0 or higher
- SuperSU or kernel with dm-verity disabled
- Latest Google app (220.127.116.11 or newer)
- build.prop tweaks
Method 1: Manual editing
Just add or replace these lines on your build.prop:
ro.product.model=Pixel XL ro.opa.eligible_device=true
Method 2: Flashable ZIP by @FaserF
Flashing video guide by @mjp93
What languages are supported by Google Assistant?
Only English and German for now.
I'm still having Google Now, what can I do?
Go to the Google app info and wipe its data.
Now my phone model is Pixel or Pixel XL, is this a problem?
Maybe. Some manufacturers uses the build.prop data to offer their apps and updates on Google Play, so you can have problems updating those apps. Nexus owners won't have any problem.
My camera is crashing!
Restore your build.prop and use the new method.
The "Ok Google" hotword doesn't work!
Works only on Nexus stock ROMs.
What about Android Marshmallow?
Check this out (by @Maxr1998) https://plus.google.com/+MaxRumpfAli...ts/P6ehUoPNp54
List of working devices
- Google Nexus 6P | Stock NBD90X
- Google Nexus 5X | OctoOS
- Google Nexus 6 | OctoOS
- Google Nexus 5 | AOSP 7.0 by Santhosh M | BOKROM
- Google Nexus 4 | ???
- Google Pixel C | ???
- Moto G 2013 (falcon) | CM14 | AOSP
- Moto G 2015 (osprey) | AICP 12.0 NRD90Z | AOSP-OMS 7.0 NRD90U
- OnePlus One | LegendROM CM14
- Lenovo VIBE K5 Plus | CM14
- YU Yureka Plus | AICP 7.0.0_r14
- Samsung Galaxy S5 | CM14 Beta
- Nextbit Robin
For more information check the Nexus 6P thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...bd90x-t3477868