To start off, download the fastboot/adb bianarys from the xda article below (writen by Mishaal Rahman back in January)
XDA Article with fastboot links
- Extract the fastboot/adb binary fold "platform-tools" to a out of the way folder (I recommend a folder named "Android" in the root of the C drive like so C:\Android\)
- Goto Control Panel> System and Security > System
- Under "Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings" click "Change settings"
- From this new window go to the "Advanced" tab then at the bottom click "Environment Variables"
- In the new window under the "System Variables" section, double click "Path"
- In this window click "New" and put in the location of your platform-tools folder we extracted and put aside earlier
- (Example: Mine looks like C:\Android\platform-tools)
- Press enter and it should be the newest entry at the bottom.
- Click okay and REBOOT YOUR PC
- Now you have to latest fastboot/adb binary installed system wide!
Test this by just pressing the windows key and type cmd. in the command line type "fastboot" This should return you with all the other available fastboot commands.
Feel free to ask any questions!