Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

LineageOS for microG

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 227

By Simon94, Member on 6th November 2017, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship daily builds for 46 devices and we can add more as needed.

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

Devices included in next build:
Quote:

A6020,addison,angler,armani,athene,axon7,bacon,bul lhead,cancro,capricorn,chagallwifi,cheeseburger,cl ark,condor,crackling,d2att,d2spr,d801,d802,d850,d8 52,d855,deb,dragon,ether,falcon,find7,find7s,flo,f lounder,FP2,g2m,gemini,gohan,griffin,gts210ltexx,g ts210wifi,gts210vewifi,h815,h850,h870,ham,hammerhe ad,harpia,herolte,hero2lte,hiaeuhl,himaul,himawl,h lte,huashan,i9100,i9300,i9305,ido,jag3gds,jalebi,j fltexx,kccat6,kenzo,kiwi,klte,klteduos,kltedv,klte chnduo,lentislte,libra,lithium,lux,m8,mako,mido,mi nt,n1awifi,n2awifi,natrium,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx, osprey,otus,P024,paella,peach,peregrine,piccolo,pm e,pollux_windy,seed,serranoltexx,s2,shamu,shieldta blet,surnia,suzuran,t0lte,taoshan,tenshi,thea,tita n,tomato,tsubasa,v410,v521,victara,vs985,w5,w7,wt8 8047,xt897,yuga,Z008,Z00A,Z00L,zl1

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
Last Updated 2017-11-07
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to Simon94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Simon94 Ad-Free

6th November 2017, 01:08 PM |#2  
Flag Dnipro
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Would like to have build for Nexus 9 aka flounder
Awesome start! Good luck with that! Cheers!
6th November 2017, 01:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Is this the thread mentioned in the FAQ where one can request builds for other devices supported by LineageOS?
If so, I'd love to see a build for the LG G5 (aka h850), which is currently the only high-end device by a known manufacturer with a removable battery and high repairability (8/10 from Ifixit).
It's fully supported by LineageOS (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h850) and I'd be willing to report any possible problems and help debug it if necessary.
Thanks in advance and awesome project!
6th November 2017, 01:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you please add support for LG G4 (H815) as well?
6th November 2017, 01:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
The LineageOS for microG OTA infrastructure is based on https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/LineageOTA?
I'm mounting my own infrastructure and I want to know how to build it. Thanks.
6th November 2017, 02:01 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
Code:
a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Simon94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Simon94 Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 02:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 383

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon94

Current device list which will be built tomorrow:

Code:
a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L

Please, include piccolo!
6th November 2017, 03:16 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniPhii

Please, include piccolo!

Done!
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Simon94 Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 03:40 PM |#9  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 56

More
@Simon94 does it supports substratum ? and thanks for the modded lineage .
6th November 2017, 03:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Microg.me is a really wonderful project , I have been using it for 3 days, but there are some things that annoy me. In particular, is it really necessary to implement it in every single build ?? I use an application with the same signature, so at each ota it is replaced by the fakestore and that's annoying . Also one ota per day is pretty excessive I think, especially for daily usage. Why not release an update at the same time as the official lineage ?

Please excuse me if the answers to my questions are obvious, I'm a bit new on microg.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver_Defender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silver_Defender Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 03:52 PM |#11  
Flag Braunschweig
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Would it be possible to built a pac which could be used for an unofficial LOS-Release to install it e.g. via twrp? I would to love to test the microg-package onto my satsuki (E6833) Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)