LineageOS for microG

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 362

By Simon94, Senior Member on 6th November 2017, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2017, 01:41 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I installed your rom yesterday and I love it! Thanks guys you bring us one step closer to a fully open source android experience
Only thing is that my phone (axon7) seems to have a lot of trouble picking up GPS signal
13th November 2017, 03:59 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniPhii

If you mean that you want to install Google Play Store you can flash this.

I installed this zip file, but once I launch the play store, it says ''error when trying to retrieve the information from the server RH-01''. I use wifi and my google account is installed on the phone and google maps works well, so the account is indeed found.
I cleared all caches and removed then put the account again, but it still fails.

I found a the yalp store too, can I have the two stores on micro-g?

What I dislike form yalp and I like form the google store is that I google keeps library of all the apps, so that if I want to install one, I I just need to find it in my library of ''apps installed at least once in the past''

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

can you also, tell me how to go back to fdroid version 0.102.3 which has a better UI than the newest version ?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

and lastly, thru yalp, I cannot update ;;micro service core'' because ti is already installed
13th November 2017, 04:23 PM |#113  
Flag Small town in Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,017

More
@blue whale I have the impression this project doesn't fit your needs. Did you try official LOS nanomod patcher (without magisk) and shadow 53's microg_playstore? For the playstore connect issue: its only after installation. A reboot normally helps.
Update microg in f-droid or by ROM update.
13th November 2017, 04:29 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
No I use the ROM lineage-14.1-20171110-microG-i9100.zip DO I need to patch this rom too ?

Also, I re-installed the google account and now google maps does not see the account, so I cannot use offline maps.
I tried clearing the caches, uninstall-install the google maps and still the account is hidden from google maps.

I dirty flashed the ROM and it works now. pheewww
13th November 2017, 04:43 PM |#115  
Flag Small town in Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1,017

More
MicroG is for avoiding Google apps. If you want offline navigation use maps.me or osmand.
The main feature of this project is providing LOS with signature spoofing patch. No need for patcher.
13th November 2017, 05:29 PM |#116  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 453

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmz

I installed your rom yesterday and I love it! Thanks guys you bring us one step closer to a fully open source android experience
Only thing is that my phone (axon7) seems to have a lot of trouble picking up GPS signal

Lineage, Lineage based ROMs and, near as I can tell, all custom ROMs for most devices do not support GLONASS and other non-GPS satellite navigation systems. Result is the ROM may be much worse at acquisition and tracking satellite based position.

What microG/UnifiedNLP back ends do you have installed and enabled? Having a decent network based location can somewhat mitigate poor GPS performance.
13th November 2017, 10:06 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Support for klteduos and gts210ltexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon94

All device requests for supported devices were handled.. New builds ongoing!

Hello Simon,
could you be so kind to add
klteduos for the Galaxy S5 Duos International = SM-G900FD and
gts210ltexx for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (LTE) = SM-T815

I was exited from the very first moment when I read about you new activities!
I really appreciate that you started this project and hope I will be able to install it soon on my currently 3, maybe soon 4 devices!
This would save me a lot of work and allow easy updates.
All thumbs up!
The Following User Says Thank You to ubuntiger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ubuntiger Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 03:42 AM |#118  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Any possibility of adding shieldtablet ? This thing is a complete dog with google services, I wonder if it'll do better with MicroG ( and to be frank I'm far too lazy to build it myself)
14th November 2017, 10:13 AM |#119  
Flag small town in bavaria
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
Thanks a lot!
Flashed it to my HTC One M9 yesterday and so far, it really works like a charm!
14th November 2017, 12:40 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n76

Lineage, Lineage based ROMs and, near as I can tell, all custom ROMs for most devices do not support GLONASS and other non-GPS satellite navigation systems. Result is the ROM may be much worse at acquisition and tracking satellite based position.

What microG/UnifiedNLP back ends do you have installed and enabled? Having a decent network based location can somewhat mitigate poor GPS performance.

I upgraded to the latest version, and it seems to be working great. It took quite a time but it understood glonass and Beidou with no issues.
I also enabled all the network positioning features and now it seems to be quite accurate.
Even Google maps works (it was crashing before)
Very nice job guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171114-123036.png
Views:	200
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	4332139  
14th November 2017, 06:51 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
THANKS!
I just saw you added lithium to the build queue. Thank you very much for quickly adding support to new phones. I really appreciate it. If you accept donations I will gladly send some $/€ your way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)