LineageOS for microG

Search This thread

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
Last Updated 2020-08-28

Last edited:

brutalv4

Jul 24, 2014
Dnipro
Would like to have build for Nexus 9 aka flounder :eek:
Awesome start! Good luck with that! Cheers! :fingers-crossed:

lindworm

Aug 27, 2013
Is this the thread mentioned in the FAQ where one can request builds for other devices supported by LineageOS?
If so, I'd love to see a build for the LG G5 (aka h850), which is currently the only high-end device by a known manufacturer with a removable battery and high repairability (8/10 from Ifixit).
It's fully supported by LineageOS (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h850) and I'd be willing to report any possible problems and help debug it if necessary.
Thanks in advance and awesome project!

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Current device list which will be built tomorrow:
Code:
a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,
serranoltexx,shamu,thea,titan,victara,wt88047,yuga,Z00L

Code:
a6020,angler,armani,athene,bacon,bullhead,cancro,capricorn,cheeseburger,clark,condor,crackling,d855,
deb,dragon,falcon,flo,flounder,gemini,h815,h850,hammerhead,harpia,herolte,here2lte,hlte,i9100,
i9300,jfltexx,kenzo,klte,libra,lux,m8,mako,mido,oneplus2,oneplus3,onyx,osprey,otus,paella,pme,

Please, include piccolo!

Reactions: Franktdf
Apr 19, 2016
Microg.me is a really wonderful project , I have been using it for 3 days, but there are some things that annoy me. In particular, is it really necessary to implement it in every single build ?? I use an application with the same signature, so at each ota it is replaced by the fakestore and that's annoying . Also one ota per day is pretty excessive I think, especially for daily usage. Why not release an update at the same time as the official lineage ?

Please excuse me if the answers to my questions are obvious, I'm a bit new on microg.

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
@Simon94 does it supports substratum ? and thanks for the modded lineage .
Same feature-set as LineageOS. If LOS supports substratum, we are supporting this aswell.

Microg.me is a really wonderful project , I have been using it for 3 days, but there are some things that annoy me. In particular, is it really necessary to implement it in every single build ?? I use an application with the same signature, so at each ota it is replaced by the fakestore and that's annoying . Also one ota per day is pretty excessive I think, especially for daily usage. Why not release an update at the same time as the official lineage ?

Please excuse me if the answers to my questions are obvious, I'm a bit new on microg.
Unfortunately we wont remove FakeStore since our goal is to provide a Google free ROM with a fully working ecosystem which requires having FakeStore installed. Sorry for that. What you could do is to write a script for OTA survival / - or removal and put it in the /system/addon.d directory. But we're not going to support this in any way.

Otherwise we can invite you to not use Play Store, but a replacement like Yalp Store.

We like to build as often as we can. Its up to you and your free choice. If you dont want to update on a daily basis, just dont do it ;)

Best, Simon

Simon94

Oct 27, 2011
Would it be possible to built a pac which could be used for an unofficial LOS-Release to install it e.g. via twrp? I would to love to test the microg-package onto my satsuki (E6833) Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual :)
https://lineage.microg.org/#faq said:
Can you add support for my device? It is not supported by LineageOS though...
No, I'm sorry.

Reactions: duttyend

kurtn

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2017
I can't find my device in the download section!! Yu yunique (jalebi). As the site says that all the devices with official linegae os support will get this rom?? Pls provide for my device jalebi. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: blacm

obrien654j

Nov 6, 2017
Hey there! I have an old first-gen Moto X as my main android device (ghost) and I'd love to take advantage of your awesome project! I tried to get the docker image up and running myself, but I keep getting random DNS failures in docker, which seem to get silently passed, which results in the build claiming to be successful, yet no builds show up in my "zips" folder when it completes. Only thing that I think needs changed from the default is the lineageOS branch (cm-13.0). Would it be too much trouble to add 'ghost' to your list of builds?

Thank you,
neutral

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got to the bottom of the los4microg build failures: LineageOS merged the March 2024 Quarterly Platform Release and Security update from Android in this commit on 11 March. That introduced breaking changes for 21.0 builds so all 21.0 devices were removed from the target list in this commit on 20 March, to be re-added when device maintainers have implemented the fixes.

So, at the moment, there are *no* official LOS 21.0 build targets. I will check again before the April build run to see if there are any buildable 21.0 devices then
    Hi guys, it seems that we have to say goodbye the mozilla location service (MLS), it will be retired soon ..
    Imho that meens, that shipping the mozilla location location service will be no longer necessary.

The question is, which version of microG should be included in the upcoming builds ?
    More about mar-v-in's future plans here
    <snip>

@petefoth : Do you already have an idea how and when integrate a new microG version ?
    At the moment, our builds include the latest `stable` Microg components from https://microg.org/download.html (currently GmsCore is `0.2.27.223616`). We also include the microG F-Droid repo pre-configured, so that users can receive updates. Users can choose to allow beta updates of microG, allowing them to pick up the latest beta versions. This is what I do, so I'm running `0.3.1.240913` on my daily driver device.

I see no reason to change this approach at the moment. I guess mar-v-in will start by shipping his new versions as betas, which users will be able to try out if they wish. Eventually, with luck, the changes will become stable, and we will then include them in our build for all users. Until that happens, users will have to accept that MLS will stop / has stopped working, and live with the reduced performance: the fix is going to come from mar-v-in, and we will include it as normal.
    Some more information on why the March QPRS update caused the 21.0 builds to fail: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb/_/kwvut4m
    The 18.1 branch still has security patches. They don't get merged. So you have to pick them
    https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:"R_asb_2024-03"

Thanks, but from my (very limited) understanding of Gerrit, those changes have been implemented, but not been verified or code reviewed. So they are not, and will not be, merged to the main `lineage-18.1` branch, and LineageOS won't be making and publishing builds which include the changes.

Our project scope is to build for the same devices as LineageOS build for, so the changes aren't a lot of use to us. I don't know how we would go about 'picking' them for our builds, even if a: we had the resources to do so and b: we are happy to make builds including unverified, unreviewed code, which we don't
    All the 20.0 builds are complete. Let's hope that 21.0 upstream builds are fixed in time for next month's build run.

The final 18.1 builds have been moved to https://download.lineage.microg.org/archive/
    Keep an eye on the matrix room to see when the build finishes
    Just wanted to say thanks for running the nio build. After a couple months of crashing in standby and then the delays related to the recent build issues, I was getting ready to nuke&pave with vanilla lineage until I came across this thread. Started watching the matrix room with bated breath when I saw a nio build begin last night!

I have been hearing a lot of positive things about recent Lineage 21 builds for the nio, so fingers crossed that this stays stable. Thanks again.
    Android experience relies heavily on Google's Play Services. The microG project creates an alternative to installing Gapps, which install and execute closed-source blobs on our phones. MicroG however requires a patch called "signature spoofing", which allows microG's apps to spoof themselves as Google Apps. LineageOS currently does not include the patch due to different opinions among the developers. (further information can be found here)

This makes microG installation difficult on LineageOS and other ROMs. Our ROM is a fork of LineageOS with just the necessary changes to have microG built-in. We ship weekly builds for all the LineageOS supported devices..

You can find us on https://lineage.microg.org

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Simon94, ncorna, n1zzo, LineageOS, MaR-V-iN
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-11-06
    Last Updated 2020-08-28
    Just to give a small heads up. As you may noticed some of the project members the priorities have shifted to other projects.

I was and am still willing to take over some of the tasks, but as microG lacked some bugfixes and support for LineageOS 17.1 i was not sure whether its worth it to spend more time into LineageOS for microG. Once marvin released the new microG update, we still had to check with our team, how we'll proceed.

For now i've taken over the responsibility of the Android Build process, merged some of the fixes and integrated LineageOS 17.1 support. New builds are on their way, both LineageOS 16 and 17.1 based.

Best
    Simon
    Code:
    Hey guys. You are right with your findings. We were testing yesterday LineageOS 15.1. But we rolled it back. Now we have almost everything ready for Lineage 15.1 - In fact there is one minor change outstanding before we're going to release. After release we'll start building the complete LineageOS weekly build roster again.
    today i got my weekly(?) update with november security patches via ota notification.
    thanks for that!

Yes they are rolling out new builds again :) Thank you everyone who is contributing to this :good:

Oops. They only build Oreo right now.

We have decided to build every device weekly (like before), as we don't have the capacity to build for ~75 devices daily and nightlies are quite useless to the end users. We will build for all the ~200 devices, ~30 devices per day, from top to bottom of the usual hudson devices list (which means that 15.1 builds will appear in the first part of the week and 14.1 in the second one).

As usual, new devices will be automatically added to the build list, no need to ask for them, just wait some days.