June 2020 Updates: Rom ported! Now we need a recovery!
Guys, I've really faced a lot of problems when trying to port this rom:
1) I had to wait 5 months to receive a working battery from China, thank you Corona Virus...
2) university... XD
3) porting guides on the web suck, I had to contact many people and study many articles and video guides... until I had
to make my own
4) some tools to extract boot.img files extract .img files, but with a wrong structure!! (and I discovered this just recently!)
5) I had to change the port rom, now I'm not using a ViperOS rom, but a RidonOS rom from a Micromax device much more similar to Takee 1 (more than 90%of the hardware is identical)
6) I want to thank you @io2345
for helping me to test over 10 roms!! We had to exchange almost 100 mails to bring you a new and updated Rom!!
Anyway after all this FREE effort I think that I finally got a working Rom !! (correctly ported!!)
But we dhave another problem now...
We discovered that the custom recovery we use on Takee 1 (twrp 18.104.22.168. developed by @luckasfb
) is too old
to support Android 7! We need a new custom recovery, probably a twrp 3.0 or above.
I've already researched new material and guides on the web. I found a guide that seems to clearly explain how to port a custom recovery to any device.
The process is simple, it consist in the extraction of the recovery from an Android kitchen in Linux, the rest is about replacing files.
Is this the end, or not?
Anyway the process is long and boring...
I'm quite busy with exams, life a few other projects...
I don't know if continuing this project is convenient for me at this point...
If someone wants to help me and @io2345
please leave a message hereunder, I'll leave you links and infos about the recovery porting.