FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MM-Q][6.0-10.0][Magisk]Dolby for Pie/10-Q[upd.20191212]

2,594 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,869
 
By repey6, Senior Member on 17th November 2018, 08:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2019, 12:51 AM |#1301  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camack

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm on MIUI 11 (Android 9 Pie) do I need to change SELinux from Enforcing to Permissive for Dolby to work?


Yes,
The Following User Says Thank You to durukanx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift durukanx Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 07:09 AM |#1302  
Senior Member
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 645
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeveDroid

Edit: Installation Process -

1) Flash Selinux Mode Changer in Magisk and change the status to permissive
2) Flash Dolby Magisk Module
3) Reboot
4) After you're booted into the system, open any file explorer which has root access (i.e Root explorer)
5) Head over to system/priv-app/DsUI and copy the apk to your SD/Storage
6) Now install this apk (it will override the current one)
7) Once done, head over to settings>apps>Dolby and grant storage permissions.
8) Run the app and enjoy.

Cheers!

I followed your steps exactly and used the selinux switcher from @EstherTakumi post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1255
and it worked!
I swear I had to go through the steps twice though. Could well have been error on my part.
I also installed the Audio Modification Library, because the Dolby install didn't work first time around, and I tried installing 6.5 instead of 6.0 a few times.
In any event, it's working now, sometime I may remove AML and try Dolby 6.5 again.

EDIT:
It worked after removing AML and using Dolby 6.5!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pbergonzi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pbergonzi Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 05:05 PM |#1303  
milesian's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Any advice on getting DDP to work with Android Auto? Right now the music graph goes "flat" when connected to my car.

By contrast, the Oreo Dolby Atmos mod worked great with Android Auto and I really miss it now that I upgraded to Pie. Hopefully DDP is able to fill its shoes?
23rd November 2019, 05:21 PM |#1304  
EstherTakumi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Alor Setar
Thanks Meter: 36
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

I followed your steps exactly and used the selinux switcher from @EstherTakumi post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1255
and it worked!
I swear I had to go through the steps twice though. Could well have been error on my part.
I also installed the Audio Modification Library, because the Dolby install didn't work first time around, and I tried installing 6.5 instead of 6.0 a few times.
In any event, it's working now, sometime I may remove AML and try Dolby 6.5 again.

From my understanding, if you use multiple audio mod, you need AML for that, if you don't use any other audio mod, just flash Dolby will be sufficient.

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to EstherTakumi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EstherTakumi Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 12:23 PM |#1305  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I installed as it was suggested in previous pages. When I try to open the app it stays on the screen just a couple of seconds and then it crashes. I gave storage permissions too. I'm using miui/Android 10. I guess it's not compatible with 10? Or is there way to fix this?
25th November 2019, 02:02 PM |#1306  
BRANDENDEUCE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MEMPHIS
Thanks Meter: 182
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizeyes

I installed as it was suggested in previous pages. When I try to open the app it stays on the screen just a couple of seconds and then it crashes. I gave storage permissions too. I'm using miui/Android 10. I guess it's not compatible with 10? Or is there way to fix this?

Is your phone set to permissive or enforcing?
25th November 2019, 02:42 PM |#1307  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDENDEUCE

Is your phone set to permissive or enforcing?



How can i see that? I used that selinux changer but not so sure if it worked.
25th November 2019, 03:04 PM |#1308  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizeyes

How can i see that? I used that selinux changer but not so sure if it worked.

Check selinux permissive
Install some terminal application.
Enter the commands:
su
getenforce
-----------

Xiaomi Mi 8 Dipper
MIUI 11
Android 10
Permissive Selinux
Dolby all versions here of the post
Installed the version of the system/priv-app folder
AML Installed

Step by step no worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to leonelborges For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leonelborges Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 03:10 PM |#1309  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelborges

Check selinux permissive
Install some terminal application.
Enter the commands:
su
getenforce
-----------

Xiaomi Mi 8 Dipper
MIUI 11
Android 10
Permissive Selinux
Dolby all versions here of the post
Installed the version of the system/priv-app folder
AML Installed

No step by step worked.

I did all over again while being in permissive mode. Can you give me the version you used for your device? We both use miui...
App just oppens and closes...
25th November 2019, 06:26 PM |#1310  
Chocklety Boyee's Avatar
Senior Member
Kathmandu,Nepal
Thanks Meter: 425
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelborges

Check selinux permissive
Install some terminal application.
Enter the commands:
su
getenforce
-----------

Xiaomi Mi 8 Dipper
MIUI 11
Android 10
Permissive Selinux
Dolby all versions here of the post
Installed the version of the system/priv-app folder
AML Installed

Step by step no worked.

You also need audio compatibility patch installed
The Following User Says Thank You to Chocklety Boyee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chocklety Boyee Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 06:28 PM |#1311  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocklety Boyee

You also need audio compatibility patch installed

When exactly? After I flash dolby?

Oh it worked. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10-q, 9.0, dolby digital plus, magisk, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes