FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager-Device restrictions removed [Update: 7.10.2016]

2,006 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,913
 
By Bin4ry, Recognized Developer on 17th June 2016, 09:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

in the last days i was working on a port of the Gear 360 Manager app.
You should be able to use the app now even with non-Galaxy devices, or older Galaxy devices which are not officially supported by Samsung. I myself use it with a Sony Xperia Z5 without problems now

Mods:
1.) Removed device lock
2.) Forced 4K Video support, this way the app does NOT downgrade videos to 2k for other devices than Galaxy S7!
3.) Several Mods needed to get the app running on non-galaxy devices!

Requirements:
1.) You need to be on Android 5.0 or higher (App depends on API Level 21!)
2.) You need to install Samsung Accessory Service from playstore Link (they come preinstalled on many Samsung phones and the playstore may tell you incompatible )

Download the modified version (currently based on original Samsung Gear360 Manager version 1.0.4) here:

Update:
Version 1.0.10:

Force 2k Version : http://ul.to/5zsfz9mr
Force 4k Version: http://ul.to/kysjk5c8

IF YOU ARE RUNNING NOUGAT see this post of User Quinny899, he modded the new Nougat app:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=418

Known problem for this verison 1.0.10:
Make sure you allow the permissions (on my devices the permission are not requested automatically). To do that go to:
Settings -> Apps -> Gear 360 Manager -> Permissions -> Allow everything there.



Old Verson 1.0.4:

Update 20.06.2016: Even longer videos can now be stiched in 4k [tested on Xperia Z5] and some more bugfixes!
Force 4k Version : http://ul.to/i8ieooet
Force 2k Version: http://ul.to/uznv4asf



Make sure to download the file correctly, if you have any issues while installing make sure you are on Android 5 or higher!

Known issues:
1.) When switching to LiveView and Device browsing sometimes the app shows only "loading..." without doing something!
--> Please check if you phone is connected to the Cameras Wifi (normally Called "AP_GEAR360..."). If you are still connected to you homenetwork etc. please just manually connect to the gear's wifi and switch back to the gear manager app
2.) Sometimes the Samsung Accessory Service force closes while using the app!
--> If that happens go to Android Settings -> Apps -> choose the Samsung Accessory Service and click "Stop now", also go to the Gear 360 Manager and click "Stop now" here too! After that just open the Gear 360 manager again and continue working.
3.) Overlayicons in the Liveview are low-res and look crappy, i will try to fix that in a future release.
4.) On some phones the stiching of videos > 10 seconds will take very long time. In this case please use the Force 2k Version, 4k maybe too much for your phone to handle!
5.) Problably more, i don't use share to social media or stuff like that, so these points are still untested.

X.) If your phone seem not to support Live view you can try this mod by RostoVisualFX http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3471526

That's it for now. If you have any issue please make sure to include a logcat output for me. Without an log i cannot help you.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your hardware.


Best Regards
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th June 2016, 10:52 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
My Note 4 completely died today. No power, not even with USB cable connected. Not sure if the installation of the app has caused this but I thought I'd mention it. I haven't had any issues with the phone before. Could be a total coincidence, of course. Will have to send the phone in for repair
18th June 2016, 01:55 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I have attempted to use this software with the Note 3, but I am running into some issues.


Whenever I click on live view it seems to freeze up and I keep viewing a black screen with the camera options. After about 10 seconds, the screen turns black and then returns to the app after 10 more seconds. I am unsure if I am connecting through wifi direct.

When I try to share a gear 360 pic or video from my phone, it takes me to the flipboard share screen.

I can't view images or videos from the camera. Whenever I click on the media it attempts to stitch the images together, but only gets about 60% done.

I am able to view images and videos which have already been stitched and transferred from the computer, but it is pretty glitchy and doesn't always work.


Thanks for your work thus far, Bin4ry. This will be amazing if it works on many different phones.
18th June 2016, 09:14 AM |#4  
Bin4ry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)
Thanks Meter: 5,913
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efassbender

My Note 4 completely died today. No power, not even with USB cable connected. Not sure if the installation of the app has caused this but I thought I'd mention it. I haven't had any issues with the phone before. Could be a total coincidence, of course. Will have to send the phone in for repair

Hey,
that sounds very strange. But i cannot imagine how the app can cause such problems, because this is a normal userspace app and it does not have any access to relevant system files, bootloader or such. I can only think of a strange coincidence. Hope you will get your phone repaired soon. Maybe you some things, this guy tells a few tricks about the issue:
http://thedroidguy.com/2015/07/how-t...g-guide-108854

Quote:
Originally Posted by billford22

I have attempted to use this software with the Note 3, but I am running into some issues.


Whenever I click on live view it seems to freeze up and I keep viewing a black screen with the camera options. After about 10 seconds, the screen turns black and then returns to the app after 10 more seconds. I am unsure if I am connecting through wifi direct.

When I try to share a gear 360 pic or video from my phone, it takes me to the flipboard share screen.

I can't view images or videos from the camera. Whenever I click on the media it attempts to stitch the images together, but only gets about 60% done.

I am able to view images and videos which have already been stitched and transferred from the computer, but it is pretty glitchy and doesn't always work.


Thanks for your work thus far, Bin4ry. This will be amazing if it works on many different phones.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Can you please provide me a logcat of the problems, like mentioned in the first post i really need such thing to be able to help.

Best Regards
18th June 2016, 11:41 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just tested on a nexus 4, it connect ok, but I can't see 360 folders or anything, I'll try to upload the log later.
18th June 2016, 02:33 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Bluetooth settings crash
After installing the modded app everything worked fine. But now everytime i try to access the android bluetooth settings it crashes. Has anyone experienced the same problem?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasmax78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hasmax78 Ad-Free
18th June 2016, 02:56 PM |#7  
Bin4ry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)
Thanks Meter: 5,913
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksrv

I just tested on a nexus 4, it connect ok, but I can't see 360 folders or anything, I'll try to upload the log later.

Please provide the log ☺
18th June 2016, 02:57 PM |#8  
Bin4ry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)
Thanks Meter: 5,913
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasmax78

After installing the modded app everything worked fine. But now everytime i try to access the android bluetooth settings it crashes. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Strange thing. Try to uninstall the app and Samsung accessory service. This should not really happen!
19th June 2016, 09:39 AM |#9  
Member
Flag Genoa, Italy & Augsburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
The 2K versions opens on a Motorola X (2014), it connects to the Gear 360. Clicking on live view begins to load the gui with all the buttons and then the screen goes black.
The log is from the app aLogcat, hope it helps:
Code:
--------- beginning of main
W/InputEventReceiver(26907): Attempted to finish an input event but the input event receiver has already been disposed.
I/WebViewFactory(26907): Loading com.google.android.webview version 51.0.2704.81 (code 270408100)
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Time to load native libraries: 15 ms (timestamps 5548-5563)
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Expected native library version number "51.0.2704.81", actual native library version number "51.0.2704.81"
V/WebViewChromiumFactoryProvider(26907): Binding Chromium to main looper Looper (main, tid 1) {3448aa18}
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Expected native library version number "51.0.2704.81", actual native library version number "51.0.2704.81"
I/chromium(26907): [INFO:library_loader_hooks.cc(143)] Chromium logging enabled: level = 0, default verbosity = 0
I/cr_BrowserStartup(26907): Initializing chromium process, singleProcess=true
E/ApkAssets(26907): Error while loading asset assets/natives_blob_64.bin: java.io.FileNotFoundException: assets/natives_blob_64.bin
E/ApkAssets(26907): Error while loading asset assets/snapshot_blob_64.bin: java.io.FileNotFoundException: assets/snapshot_blob_64.bin
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:410>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.AF.1.1_RB1.05.00.02.006.020_msm8960_LA.AF.1.1_RB1__release_AU ()
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): OpenGL ES Shader Compiler Version: E031.25.03.06
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Build Date: 03/30/15 Mon
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Local Branch: mybranch8688311
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Remote Branch: quic/LA.AF.1.1_rb1.16
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Local Patches: NONE
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Reconstruct Branch: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.AF.1.1_RB1.05.00.02.006.020 + 9b2699f + 2215637 + 60aa592 + f2362e6 + 5c64f59 + 82411a1 + 1f36e07 +  NOTHING
W/cr_media(26907): Requires BLUETOOTH permission
19th June 2016, 11:02 AM |#10  
Bin4ry's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)
Thanks Meter: 5,913
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasKru

The 2K versions opens on a Motorola X (2014), it connects to the Gear 360. Clicking on live view begins to load the gui with all the buttons and then the screen goes black.
The log is from the app aLogcat, hope it helps:

Code:
--------- beginning of main
W/InputEventReceiver(26907): Attempted to finish an input event but the input event receiver has already been disposed.
I/WebViewFactory(26907): Loading com.google.android.webview version 51.0.2704.81 (code 270408100)
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Time to load native libraries: 15 ms (timestamps 5548-5563)
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Expected native library version number "51.0.2704.81", actual native library version number "51.0.2704.81"
V/WebViewChromiumFactoryProvider(26907): Binding Chromium to main looper Looper (main, tid 1) {3448aa18}
I/cr_LibraryLoader(26907): Expected native library version number "51.0.2704.81", actual native library version number "51.0.2704.81"
I/chromium(26907): [INFO:library_loader_hooks.cc(143)] Chromium logging enabled: level = 0, default verbosity = 0
I/cr_BrowserStartup(26907): Initializing chromium process, singleProcess=true
E/ApkAssets(26907): Error while loading asset assets/natives_blob_64.bin: java.io.FileNotFoundException: assets/natives_blob_64.bin
E/ApkAssets(26907): Error while loading asset assets/snapshot_blob_64.bin: java.io.FileNotFoundException: assets/snapshot_blob_64.bin
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): <qeglDrvAPI_eglInitialize:410>: EGL 1.4 QUALCOMM build: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.AF.1.1_RB1.05.00.02.006.020_msm8960_LA.AF.1.1_RB1__release_AU ()
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): OpenGL ES Shader Compiler Version: E031.25.03.06
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Build Date: 03/30/15 Mon
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Local Branch: mybranch8688311
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Remote Branch: quic/LA.AF.1.1_rb1.16
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Local Patches: NONE
I/Adreno-EGL(26907): Reconstruct Branch: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.AF.1.1_RB1.05.00.02.006.020 + 9b2699f + 2215637 + 60aa592 + f2362e6 + 5c64f59 + 82411a1 + 1f36e07 +  NOTHING
W/cr_media(26907): Requires BLUETOOTH permission

Thanks. But the logcat is not complete it is cut after the first startup lines. I need a full one where the error of the gear360 manager is shown.
If alogcat don't give you a full one please use adb logcat and reroute output to a file.

Adb logcat > mylog.txt

This creates the log file in your current directory.

Thanks and best regards
19th June 2016, 12:09 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
could it work on a tablet ?
(like the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 ?)
Thanks !
- sorry for my english, a french guy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes