FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 20/May/18, v1.2.00.8]

7,955 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,674

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 17th June 2016, 10:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2019, 10:06 AM |#1701  
Quote:
Originally Posted by agtpirrone

I can see many people still are using this mod. Without any complaints.
Myself, on the other side, have a Pixel 2 with Android 10 and have trouble with the app. WiFi connection is ok but when opening the app it just crashes when I press the "Connect 360 camera"..

It's only stock rom with Magisk. 🤷🏼*♀️

This is a problem with newer versions of Android.

The only reason I haven't updated my phone from 8 is this one app!! Having a hear 360 and a non Samdung phone (or iPhone) means no way to use the camera.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam3Sixty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adam3Sixty Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 07:15 PM |#1702  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam3Sixty

This is a problem with newer versions of Android.

The only reason I haven't updated my phone from 8 is this one app!! Having a hear 360 and a non Samdung phone (or iPhone) means no way to use the camera.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

Oh thanks for updating this for me. I used it on a Essential Phone with previous versions of Android (though I don't remember which one) and worked.

To be fair. Lots of apps have been left without support with Android 10. I think it's due to security related issued.
28th October 2019, 08:52 PM |#1703  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wifi Direct with Bin4rys Gear 360 Manager
I have recently got a Huawei mate 20 pro and I installed this software to connect my old gear 360 camera to it. I have got it all working once but now when i have the WiFi Direct option on my phone cant find the camera on WiFi or WiFi Direct but when i turn the option off i can find the camera on WiFi but it still doesn't show up on WiFi Direct. I think it could be because i turned the camera on today and it started pairing again but i accidentally told it to stop. Has anyone got any solutions or ideas why????

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I have recently got a Huawei mate 20 pro and I installed this software to connect my old gear 360 camera to it. I have got it all working once but now when i have the WiFi Direct option on my phone cant find the camera on WiFi or WiFi Direct but when i turn the option off i can find the camera on WiFi but it still doesn't show up on WiFi Direct. I think it could be because i turned the camera on today and it started pairing again but i accidentally told it to stop. Has anyone got any solutions or ideas why????
29th October 2019, 11:14 AM |#1704  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Samsung should be shot for this... I got an alert trying this again today saying there is a firmware update, but I am in no way going to let it do this while I cannot guarantee it is safe. and there is no other way, except via their app. Ridiculous. I can use the hack/mod to remotely control the camera via wifi hotspot, and even though the web page to do so is flakey and broken (gallery doesn't show thumbnails) at least I can change the mode, take a photo, or start a video. I can download the images/video by using save as... but there are features I cannot just do, because they opted to support only their fancy phones.
I cannot for the life of me get this to work even slightly on a samsung galaxy tab A 10.5 or a motorola g6 play. Sure they're low end, but I see absolutely no reason to have the app completely refuse to run on them, when there are features not related to intensive work that I NEED to do.
gah, a pox on the lot of 'em...
I wish someone would just write something that was effective, or at least allowed the basics without holding your finger over there, crossing your toes, blinking 3 times, spinning around on the spot and counting to 10 without breathing...[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following User Says Thank You to wrecche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wrecche Ad-Free
31st October 2019, 04:49 PM |#1705  

More
What camera are you using? I have a 2017 on OnePlus 5T on Oxygen 9.0.9 and connect, but cannot take pictures or videos.
6th November 2019, 06:41 PM |#1706  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroadrunner

What camera are you using? I have a 2017 on OnePlus 5T on Oxygen 9.0.9 and connect, but cannot take pictures or videos.

Hav to root the device I think
9th November 2019, 05:25 PM |#1707  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Hello to everyone and thanks for the thread.
I have the R210 and I am using it on my Xperia 1. I found the updated firmware but I am unable to proceed as I cannot retrieve the WiFi password of the unit. Which one is the procedure? I cannot see that Google Street View way...

thanks,

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

P.S: Here I found interesting resources about the view and editing on PC Windows: https://blog.momento360.com/how-to-u...t-ab60d85f43f9
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)