FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 10/Jan/20, v1.4.00.4]

7,967 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,691
 
By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 17th June 2016, 10:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2020, 12:45 AM |#1731  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,691
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstitch

I just realized the reason why it keeps giving me issues. Whenever I connect to my cameras it freezes my camera. I have to restarted for the camera to work again but as soon as I try to connect to it again it freezes.

Is it normal for the menus on the camera to not work when connected to the phone?

Mine doesn't, maybe the 2017 camera does idk
11th January 2020, 02:46 AM |#1732  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Mine doesn't, maybe the 2017 camera does idk

I do have the 2017 version. Anybody with that camera having similar issues?
11th January 2020, 10:24 PM |#1733  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Think it might be time for an update, no?

Here's a bit of a ramble:


TL;DR

1.4.00.4 is currently the last version that can be usefully ported. 1.4.00.9 contains code that cannot be, and is only partially usable. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING 1.4.00.4.

I've tested 1.4.00.4 on both my Pixel 2 XL running Android 10, and my OnePlus 7T Pro running Android 10. They both work perfectly.

Download 1.4.00.4 (RECOMMENDED)

Download 1.4.00.9 (NOT RECOMMENDED, READ ABOVE)

Great, my wife now hates u cos all I wanna do is buy a 7t Pro now, ha ha ha.

Just to let u know, the new update DOES NOT work on my 5t running Oreo, I tried everything but when trying to connect to the camera via WiFi it just hangs and then goes back to the WiFi screen again, over and over. If I am doing something wrong, PLEASE correct me and I will test again. I tried with mobile data on and off, and airplane mode on and off.

I made sure I took a TiBU of my working app first so I went back to the working version I have already so I am still very thankful

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
11th January 2020, 11:24 PM |#1734  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,691
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam3Sixty

Great, my wife now hates u cos all I wanna do is buy a 7t Pro now, ha ha ha.

Just to let u know, the new update DOES NOT work on my 5t running Oreo, I tried everything but when trying to connect to the camera via WiFi it just hangs and then goes back to the WiFi screen again, over and over. If I am doing something wrong, PLEASE correct me and I will test again. I tried with mobile data on and off, and airplane mode on and off.

I made sure I took a TiBU of my working app first so I went back to the working version I have already so I am still very thankful

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

That's usually caused by it failing to connect to the camera for some reason. Rebooting both devices sometimes works.
11th January 2020, 11:36 PM |#1735  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

That's usually caused by it failing to connect to the camera for some reason. Rebooting both devices sometimes works.

Thanx for that, I'll give it a try in the morning and report back.

Just wish I could buy a 7t Pro. My 5t is slowly dying over old age but I love it so much. Definitely gonna go for another OnePlus next, but may need to wait for an 8t at this rate.

Anyway, thank u so much for the mod, it's been a lifesaver since I got my Gear 360, it comes on all my holidays with me and I've got some amazing shots with it

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam3Sixty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adam3Sixty Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 11:42 PM |#1736  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,691
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam3Sixty

Thanx for that, I'll give it a try in the morning and report back.

Just wish I could buy a 7t Pro. My 5t is slowly dying over old age but I love it so much. Definitely gonna go for another OnePlus next, but may need to wait for an 8t at this rate.

Anyway, thank u so much for the mod, it's been a lifesaver since I got my Gear 360, it comes on all my holidays with me and I've got some amazing shots with it

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

It's a very good phone, no complaints at all about it coming from a P2XL.
11th January 2020, 11:56 PM |#1737  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam3Sixty

Thanx for that, I'll give it a try in the morning and report back.

Just wish I could buy a 7t Pro. My 5t is slowly dying over old age but I love it so much. Definitely gonna go for another OnePlus next, but may need to wait for an 8t at this rate.

Anyway, thank u so much for the mod, it's been a lifesaver since I got my Gear 360, it comes on all my holidays with me and I've got some amazing shots with it

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

I have a Oneplus 7 Pro and this does not work for me. I'm pretty sure it must have to do with the 2017 model. I get the same issues as you were it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over again.
12th January 2020, 12:26 AM |#1738  
Quinny899's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,691
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstitch

I have a Oneplus 7 Pro and this does not work for me. I'm pretty sure it must have to do with the 2017 model. I get the same issues as you were it keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over again.

Not much I can do about that unfortunately, I don't have the 2017 model
12th January 2020, 12:28 AM |#1739  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Not much I can do about that unfortunately, I don't have the 2017 model

Lucky. Let me know if it works for you.
12th January 2020, 08:44 AM |#1740  
I have a 2016 model, the ball version, lol.
After a lot of rebooting, deleting of data, reinstalling and everything else, I still can't get it to connect everything goes correctly, Bluetooth turns on, connects, select "camera" or "gallery" wait a second, WiFi screen pops up, wait a second and select Gear 360 WiFi, use app switcher to go back to gear 360 app (not the back button, lol) wait, wait, wait, switches back to work screen again with the same toast notification about manually connecting.

It's not a massive deal for me, the older version still works on this phone, and IF I upgrade to a 7t Pro I will make sure to test fully before I get rid of this one, lol.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
25th January 2020, 12:53 PM |#1741  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
How to get a password with noon Samsung mobile
<How to get a password with noon Samsung mobile>

(*** If update the firmware of Gear 360, there will be lost the wifi password. )

1. Find a Samsung mobile (such as Retail Outlets)
2. Install "Gear 360 .apk" (Google search: Gear 360 apk)
3. Open app and connect with Gear 360
4.Press "Camera", the mobile will turn on wifi and live view.
5. Press the mobile setting > Wifi Setting > Select "AP_Gear 360"
6. There will be show a QR Code of wifi password.
7. Use your mobile scanning the QR Code
8. Disconnect Gear 360 with Samsung mobile.
9. Open app on your mobile
10. connect with Gear 360
11. Press "Camera"
12. Show the live view successfully


<如何使用非三星手機獲取 Wifi 密碼>

( *** 如更新 Gear 360 韌體,wifi 密碼將會失去)

1. 找一部三星手機 (例如銷售點展示機)
2. 安裝"Gear 360 .apk" (網路搜尋: Gear 360 apk)
3. 開啟 app 和連接你的 Gear 360
4. 按下"相機",三星手機將使用 wifi 連接,連接成功後進入實境介面
5. 在手機設定 > 無線網路設定 > 按下"AP_Gear 360"
6. 將顯示 Wifi 密碼 QR Code
7. 使用你的手機掃描這個QR Code
8. 斷開 Gear 360 與三星手機連接
9. 使用你的手機,開啟 app
10. 連接 Gear 360
11. 按下"相機"
12. 連接成功後進入實境介面
The Following User Says Thank You to danielleecy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danielleecy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes