FORUMS

[MOD][PORT] Samsung Gear 360 Manager for all devices [Updated: 10/Jan/20, v1.4.00.4]

8,136 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,899

By Quinny899, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 17th June 2016, 09:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th May 2020, 06:54 PM |#1761  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OnePlus 6T with Oxygen OS 10.3.2
Hey. Thanks for all the hard work here. I just got a Gear 360 2017 and can't get it to work 100% with my OnePlus 6T running the latest Oxygen 10.3.2. It will connect via bluetooth and it connects via WiFi but it gets stuck in the loading screen. Even as suggested, I disabled mobile data but to no avail.

Since I have access to an iPhone I connected to the camera with the standard app from the AppStore checked that the Gear 360 is using the latest firmware.

I also tried to connect to the Gear 360 with my 6T just using the Google Street View app and again, while the phone will connect to the camera, it's like the phone won't recognize the device is there. It seems like an issue with the network settings of the phone but I can't seem to find a configuration that gets it to work. Since you said you have a 7T running the same OS, I thought you may have some pointers on what to try. Really anyway to connect the 360 to my 6T is what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!
13th May 2020, 09:05 AM |#1762  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxnull

i totally failed to connect redmi note 7 to gear 360 2017.
it stuck loading on camera tab.
btw i used the latest samsung gear 360 mod.
any solution ?

Read my post. I think your problem the same
13th May 2020, 11:48 AM |#1763  

More
GEAR 360 (2017) failed w/ Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhorse

I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro and I could not use this mod because absent WiFi connection in any way(
But today I find one way to connect it! Now I have camera connection, gallery connection and live view workable
My way:
1. Select WiFi direct in mod settings
2. Connect mod to camera
3. Select "Camera" on homepage
4. Open WiFi direct settings
5. Run "WiFi Direct +" app (get it from playmarket)
6. Select "Send File" and go
7. Wait just a little bit and return to WiFi Direct settings. You will see : connected ))
8. Return to mod and select Camera again

Thanks you for your suggestion.
yes, i try your guide on redmi note 7 but it still can't connect to gear 360.
i will try on redmi note 8 pro soon.
I don't quiet understand
on step 3, step 4 (which wifi direct ? )
step 5 ( which wifi direct + app, can you share specific google play link ?)

but thanks anyway.

UPDATE : already try with redmi note 8 pro. no luck. hit the camera on gear 360 manager follow yor steps but no luck. just keep "loading" message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200513_180059.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	5017883  
14th May 2020, 08:16 AM |#1764  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxnull

Thanks you for your suggestion.
yes, i try your guide on redmi note 7 but it still can't connect to gear 360.
i will try on redmi note 8 pro soon.
I don't quiet understand
on step 3, step 4 (which wifi direct ? )
step 5 ( which wifi direct + app, can you share specific google play link ?)

but thanks anyway.

UPDATE : already try with redmi note 8 pro. no luck. hit the camera on gear 360 manager follow yor steps but no luck. just keep "loading" message.

1. Do you have inet connection on your phone? It's important
2. Don't forget to select WiFi Direct in mod settings?
3. After select Camera you should open WiFi Direct settings on your phone
4. After that no wait and open external application WiFi Direct + and try open Send file connection mode in it. Is your connection successful? Do you see status "connected" in WiFi direct phone settings?
19th May 2020, 07:34 PM |#1765  

More
@Bin4ry @Quinny899

Thanks for your awesome work!!

i just managed to update the firmware with my moto g4plus, also i am using a google pixel XL and both are working fine!

the firmware update is really a bit tricky, but after some time reading in this thread i was finally able to connect the wifi in the right moment. It's all about the 2 Steps- first the gear360 app needs an Internet connection to download the package, and then it needs the connection to the Camera to transfer the Update.

Best greetings from Germany
21st May 2020, 01:21 PM |#1766  

More
gear 360 2017 no have live viwe
i have a gear 360 2017 and my phone is honor 7x.
i installed mood apk but when i push the camera button in apk not show live viwe and stopped in loading .
how can i fix this?
22nd May 2020, 11:42 AM |#1767  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResRudeBoy

I followed this, but noticed something slightly different, my gear 360 shows connecting in the wi-fi driect screen and connects then vanishes then seems to be retrying again. then connects and then vanishes again? im running this on an A51 android v10

UPDATE: Turned off the random mac address on my wifi network, then it all started working again!
26th May 2020, 01:12 PM |#1768  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Could anybody share some tips to get this working on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T? I used to use this app on an LG v20 and it would moslty work, however, on my new Note 8T I can't even connect the camera to the phone. The initial pairing process won't complete. Any ideas?
26th May 2020, 02:50 PM |#1769  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikusP

Could anybody share some tips to get this working on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T? I used to use this app on an LG v20 and it would moslty work, however, on my new Note 8T I can't even connect the camera to the phone. The initial pairing process won't complete. Any ideas?

I have Redmi Note 8 Pro - read my posts
28th May 2020, 12:09 PM |#1770  

More
After update to Android 10 my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro stop connecting to camera in the mod ((((
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)