FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [VR] [Dev] Samsung Gear VR on other devices.

1,144 posts
Thanks Meter: 871

By dc13, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th April 2017, 08:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys so last time I used it a few months ago this was how I got Samsung Gear VR working on my LG V20 rom. For those DEVs that would like to add this feature I thought we could all work together to get this on every device that is running 1440p screen just for quality reasons.

This is for devs only not a flash able zip.

Extract the contents and just copy and paste the info in the build prop.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dc13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dc13 Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 08:30 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Boise, ID

Donate to Me
More
Change Log

Version 1 - What has worked as of 4/4/17 on the LG V20 Ti-X Rom
12th April 2017, 08:30 PM |#3  
Flag Boise, ID

Donate to Me
More
Downloads

Version 4/10/2017
Mega NZ - http://bit.ly/2nZ9f9S
The Following User Says Thank You to dc13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dc13 Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 08:30 PM |#4  
Flag Boise, ID

Donate to Me
More
Colabs with other devs
12th April 2017, 08:31 PM |#5  
Flag Boise, ID

Donate to Me
More
colab with other devs 2
13th April 2017, 02:23 AM |#6  
Flag Bad Oeynhausen
Thanks Meter: 5,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc13

colab with other devs 2

Possible to slim it down (Apps)? To include 174Mb in the System is a bit much for that few Users who'd own a Gear VR. Maybe I'll be better if You provide it as flashable Zip. If You need help with that i could be Your Man!

BR and cool stuff btw!

De-odexing could be also a good Step besides pulling it from the System Image instead of dumping it from a running System. But just a suggestion....
13th April 2017, 02:32 AM |#7  
Flag Boise, ID

Donate to Me
More
Im about to compress those apps to see how much i can save but i need to finish installing a new os. If you want to make a zipable you can ill post it up and can givw u access to the google drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to dc13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dc13 Ad-Free
13th April 2017, 04:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway:
Where do you copy the contents of the app-private folder
Are there any other instructions? I remember I had to get this to work on a rooted samsung and I thought there was suppose to be some service running for the gear vr software to kick off when the device is connected.
14th April 2017, 01:20 AM |#9  
Portal Writer
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 789

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdruid

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway:
Where do you copy the contents of the app-private folder
Are there any other instructions? I remember I had to get this to work on a rooted samsung and I thought there was suppose to be some service running for the gear vr software to kick off when the device is connected.

The /system/priv-app/ folder
14th April 2017, 02:01 AM |#10  
Flag Bad Oeynhausen
Thanks Meter: 5,453

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc13

Im about to compress those apps to see how much i can save but i need to finish installing a new os. If you want to make a zipable you can ill post it up and can givw u access to the google drive.

[email protected]
I will make a lovely flashable AROMA based ZIP this Weekend. I can also improve the Size a bit by using my optimized Compression methods. Think the Size isn't that important as standalone ZIP, but some Users have slow connections and bad Data Plans...
I don't own the Gear VR but things like that have to be supported! It's a step in the right direction (Android shouldn't be used to include OEM exclusive Features dear Samsung! Share them!)

BR
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miustone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Miustone Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 05:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So I understand you copy it to app-private in data, but that doesnt give you the software. Does anyone. Have a zip with the required apks needed to actually launch the vr setup wizard?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)