FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Official][Source Code] IUNI Announcement

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 39
 
By IUNI_Source, Junior Member on 6th August 2017, 05:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am unique




Hello Dear Community,

Today is an exceptional day that will surely be even more.

I represent the company IUNI which has since ceased to exist.

I want to convey that we had unfairly kept the open source code instead of sharing it.
If we had shared it from the start we would surely not be there right now.
The IUNI U3 would surely have been the biggest One Plus rival at this time if the sources had been released.
We might not be dead at the present time...
However, before completely disappearing, we must repair injustices.

We release the source code of devices that we still have in possessions:
https://gitlab.com/iuni

And we call on the former developer to share the sources of the society in their possessions to the community.

Download it, distribute it, study it, modify it and let the company keep on living through sharing!

Finally, we have a game, a challenge to launch to the community!
If using these sources you (the community) manage to bring the IUNI U3 to the latest version of android stock we will share a last surprise that will be grand before we completely disappear.

For it is in uniqueness that we forge our own personality.
That each of us is unique.

With love,
IUNI
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to IUNI_Source For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IUNI_Source Ad-Free
 
 
6th August 2017, 05:07 PM |#2  
IUNI_Source's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Reserved
FAQ:

What about the sources for the IUNI U2 and i1?

We're very sorry, we only have the source code of the IUNI U3 and N1 in our possession.
The rest of the source code is kept by Gionee who refuses to share it.
That's why we call on the former developer to share the sources of IUNI in their possessions to the community.
We hope that this call will allow us to retrieve the source codes of the remaining phones from former employees.
Each recovered source code will be automatically transferred to the GitLab.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IUNI_Source For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IUNI_Source Ad-Free
8th August 2017, 11:47 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
What about the sources for the IUNI U2 and i1?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantamorph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pantamorph Ad-Free
9th August 2017, 12:38 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
IUNI U2 Source code
Hello, dear representative of IUNI!
Please, can you post the sources for IUNI U2?
We really need them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Akonze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akonze Ad-Free
9th August 2017, 12:43 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please for IUNI U2!
9th August 2017, 01:37 AM |#6  
IUNI_Source's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantamorph

What about the sources for the IUNI U2 and i1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonze

Hello, dear representative of IUNI!
Please, can you post the sources for IUNI U2?
We really need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatoliy.kotik

Please for IUNI U2!

We're very sorry, we only have the source code of the IUNI U3 and N1 in our possession.
The rest of the source code is kept by Gionee who refuses to share it.
That's why we call on the former developer to share the sources of IUNI in their possessions to the community.
We hope that this call will allow us to retrieve the source codes of the remaining phones from former employees.
Each recovered source code will be automatically transferred to the GitLab.
The Following User Says Thank You to IUNI_Source For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IUNI_Source Ad-Free
9th August 2017, 02:10 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNI_Source

That's why we call on the former developer to share the sources of IUNI in their possessions to the community.
We hope that this call will allow us to retrieve the source codes of the remaining phones from former employees.
Each recovered source code will be automatically transferred to the GitLab.

Good luck with that! Me and my friend, we've tried reaching out to Gionee/Allview/Walton/IUNI. The only ones who replied were Allview, who kindly said no. You will probably have more luck if you contact these developers on Baidu/Weibo, Chinese Gionee forums, have you already tried that?
9th August 2017, 10:39 PM |#8  
IUNI_Source's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantamorph

Good luck with that! Me and my friend, we've tried reaching out to Gionee/Allview/Walton/IUNI. The only ones who replied were Allview, who kindly said no. You will probably have more luck if you contact these developers on Baidu/Weibo, Chinese Gionee forums, have you already tried that?

Our former employees have been contacted by bulk email.
However, each of them signed a contract prohibiting them from broadcasting the source code. So those who have retained a copy will not dare to admit it to us because the contract prohibits them to keep files. A forum is a good place to share because it allows them to not be recognized.

In the past, we received a lot of email about source code request. As had been recurring our communication services had sent an answer on Weibo and on our official website.
Here our past answer: http://www.weibo.com/3840873722/CBGEQqrIt
The Following User Says Thank You to IUNI_Source For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IUNI_Source Ad-Free
11th August 2017, 10:49 AM |#9  
sooorajjj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cochin
Thanks Meter: 561
 
Donate to Me
More
Request for development devices .
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNI_Source

Our former employees have been contacted by bulk email.
However, each of them signed a contract prohibiting them from broadcasting the source code. So those who have retained a copy will not dare to admit it to us because the contract prohibits them to keep files. A forum is a good place to share because it allows them to not be recognized.

In the past, we received a lot of email about source code request. As had been recurring our communication services had sent an answer on Weibo and on our official website.
Here our past answer: http://www.weibo.com/3840873722/CBGEQqrIt

Hello IUNI team,

I would like to contribute to this device (U3 and N1) - try and get android 7.1.2 running on this device . Checked Online for U3 and N1 could not find one available in India nor Aliexpress is delivering this product to India. If you could send me u3 and n1 device for development . i could try and start my development on this device .

Thanks
Sooraj
11th August 2017, 11:28 AM |#10  
IUNI_Source's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooorajjj

Hello IUNI team,

I would like to contribute to this device (U3 and N1) - try and get android 7.1.2 running on this device . Checked Online for U3 and N1 could not find one available in India nor Aliexpress is delivering this product to India. If you could send me u3 and n1 device for development . i could try and start my development on this device .

Thanks
Sooraj

Hello Sooraj,

We are delighted of your motivation.
Unfortunately we have no stock in our possessions.
We're going to get in touch with sellers and we'll keep you informed when we find something.
The Following User Says Thank You to IUNI_Source For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IUNI_Source Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 08:57 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Fantastic news, I gave this great device to my father, his first real smartphone, and he is enjoying it. I have loved this phone and I would have kept it if my wife wouldn't have bought me another one. Thanks for the effort, hope we will have nice roms!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
iuni, iuni n1, iuni-u3, kernel, source code

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes