Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,213

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybeshoo

When i installed the Stock one on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-12-1-t3066864

all aps such time,keyboard return FC , so i deside to install the nano version .
now the Keyboard FC with this catlog error report

the FC of AOSP Here you go :
it happend each 3 seconds!

It appears because AOSP keyboard is incompatible with the newest Google Keyboard libs. So we decided to drop it (the post just before yours) because of the issue becoming more common now. So tomorrow's build (14 Oct) should not give you this trouble anymore.

I am still interested in the FCs you got when installing stock. Do you have any logcats of those?

PS: The debug logs of the installation you can find in the same location where you had the installer zip.

13th October 2015, 10:26 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahF

It appears because AOSP keyboard is incompatible with the newest Google Keyboard libs. So we decided to drop it (the post just before yours) because of the issue becoming more common now. So tomorrow's build (14 Oct) should not give you this trouble anymore.

I am still interested in the FCs you got when installing stock. Do you have any logcats of those?

Thank God not only me

Regarding the Stock , well no i dont but i will be more than happy to make it for you , how can i uninstall the Nano and install the stock but please dont tell me i need to format my device
13th October 2015, 10:26 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:

If the ROM doesn't have the swipe feature enabled, you just can't add the library:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...sture-t2012628

Or are you talking about something else?

If not, will older versions of the library still work? I think most users will probably care about usability rather than being current.... But then again (if that were the case) , you'd only have to build GApps ONCE for each Android version....
14th October 2015, 01:48 AM |#1004  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 705

More
Quote:

Another addendum, we decided to drop the 'keybdlib' that added Swype capabilities to the AOSP keyboard, because it gave issues to quite a lot of users. Instead we will drop the 'clean install' requirement from the Google Keyboard installs, hoping that it won't pose any unexpected issues by now anymore (like it could give in the past).

Thanks MastahF for your kind info. I also have an issue on Keyboard stop working when I installed Open gapps 20151013 Pico 511.So it ended up to going no where without keyboard. I have a debug log file, but I could not find a way to upload. Thank you very much for your kind contribution.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk
14th October 2015, 02:11 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 462

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are you sure that -1 is necessary? I tested the 4.4 installs to /data/app/ quite some time ago and without -1 it worked properly on clean installs :-/
Could you maybe upload your installation debug log?

You're right. It does appear to work with a clean install. Assuming upgrades to these 3 apps work from the play store, this should be fine if you're only targeting clean installs. I'm not really sure what happened with my dirty install, but I was able to recover so no big deal.

Good luck with the project. It seems very well documented and professional!
The Following User Says Thank You to LordNerevar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LordNerevar Ad-Free
14th October 2015, 06:00 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Calendar sync has stopped working on the 13th build pico gapps, instead of popup of error, by noticing my calendar event doesn't appear on my calendar widget. Previous version was totally fine.
Anyone having the same issue?
14th October 2015, 09:05 AM |#1007  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androcraze

If the ROM doesn't have the swipe feature enabled, you just can't add the library:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...sture-t2012628

Or are you talking about something else?

If not, will older versions of the library still work? I think most users will probably care about usability rather than being current.... But then again (if that were the case) , you'd only have to build GApps ONCE for each Android version....

Yup, we are exactly talking about that. And it used to work as described in that post. But somehow, it did break recently in e.g. Cyanogenmod. And while we we hardly received any feedback about problems before, it became suddenly much more frequent. @MNBooZe did do some testing for us on his device with current ROMs and the various library versions, and the conclusion was that either the libs made the keyboard crash, or it did not crash but swype would not work. The sum of all this information did decide us to drop it.
Instead, we will now enforce no clean installs for Google Keyboard anymore. Because a year ago when Keyboard was still new, there were many problems with it on dirty installations. But Google is now several iterations further with development of Keyboard, so I am willing to take the gamble that those problems could be resolved by now. We will see how it behaves, if it still gives trouble on dirty installations, we might choose to enforce clean installations again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazyz

Calendar sync has stopped working on the 13th build pico gapps, instead of popup of error, by noticing my calendar event doesn't appear on my calendar widget. Previous version was totally fine.
Anyone having the same issue?

Calsync has not been updated for a month: https://github.com/opengapps/all/tre...endar/15/nodpi
Maybe an issue on Google's side or on your ROM?
Otherwise please try to capture a logcat if any errors related to this problem appear in it.
14th October 2015, 09:41 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Question Hangouts 5.0?
I have been offered Hangouts 5.0.104885319 from the Playstore and can see this was released on 12th October so assumed this would already be in the GApps for Android 5.1.
It appears version 4.2.102354210 is still the current version. Will this get updated soon or is it being left out as its 'targeted' at Android 6.0?

Andy
14th October 2015, 10:02 AM |#1009  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Facelock gives FC when trying to set it in 5.1

Are you including the Marshmallow files? Because in app version it says 6.0
14th October 2015, 10:09 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Calsync has not been updated for a month: https://github.com/opengapps/all/tre...endar/15/nodpi
Maybe an issue on Google's side or on your ROM?
Otherwise please try to capture a logcat if any errors related to this problem appear in it.

Not sure about it, but I do trust the work from cm team.
*I'm using the official cm12.1 nightly.
Btw, thanks for acknowledging.

EDIT: Is it possible to download the previous version of gapps? I really find the previous versions are more useful and stable.
14th October 2015, 11:39 AM |#1011  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB100

I have been offered Hangouts 5.0.104885319 from the Playstore and can see this was released on 12th October so assumed this would already be in the GApps for Android 5.1.
It appears version 4.2.102354210 is still the current version. Will this get updated soon or is it being left out as its 'targeted' at Android 6.0?

Andy

Actually 5.0 is in the package since the 13th. I just have to update the version information script, since it cannot handle the situation where higher SDK versions are outdated compared to lower SDK versions. The package builder does pick the highest applicable version correctly, though. So you can be sure of it to be in the package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkadr1

Facelock gives FC when trying to set it in 5.1

Are you including the Marshmallow files? Because in app version it says 6.0

We use the newest Facelock available, which is indeed version 6.0 but should be completely backward compatible. But it is known that Facelock is broken on *a lot* of devices. So did Facelock ever work for your before? If yes, could you give a logcat of the FC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcrazyz

Not sure about it, but I do trust the work from cm team.
*I'm using the official cm12.1 nightly.
Btw, thanks for acknowledging.

EDIT: Is it possible to download the previous version of gapps? I really find the previous versions are more useful and stable.

Yes, we also trust the work of CM. But our suspicion is just that binary compatibility is broken, so we better leave the original CM keyboard libs then in place, instead of destroying their functionality with the Google libs that were never officially meant to be used that way.
You can fetch the old packages from the Github releases pages. They are organized per CPU architecture and in respective repos you will find the releases.
Also, you can of course build your own package using the source and add the 'ingredients' you like and find most stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to MastahF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)