Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 02:46 PM |#101  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahF

Did you already try cleaning the cache of the app? (And best: a dalvik/cache wipe after installing?)

Well, nevermind. 21 may build works fine now.

22nd May 2015, 07:11 PM |#102  
Recognized Developer
Flag Trikala
Thanks Meter: 1,946

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation 05/21 package: Google Play Services FC
Hey @MastahF

I am grateful that you stepped up and try to continue the great PA-GApps! I have used your latest packages without issues, but today I tried to clean flash Chroma on my Nexus 5 and your 05/21 package and after a reboot, Play Services constantly FC. If you clear all data, the FC stops until the next restart. Also, if I choose "Device only" in the GPS/Location tile, the FCs also stop. After several flash tries, I re-wiped everything and flash the same rom setup with banks latest (22/05) gapps, which solve this particular problem. I have almost completely finished setting up my phone (after several reboots) and the FC hasn't appear. Unfortunately, I didn't grab a logcat (I needed my phone back in order ASAP) but I thought you would like to know.
22nd May 2015, 09:10 PM |#103  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreAch3R

Hey @MastahF

I am grateful that you stepped up and try to continue the great PA-GApps! I have used your latest packages without issues, but today I tried to clean flash Chroma on my Nexus 5 and your 05/21 package and after a reboot, Play Services constantly FC. If you clear all data, the FC stops until the next restart. Also, if I choose "Device only" in the GPS/Location tile, the FCs also stop. After several flash tries, I re-wiped everything and flash the same rom setup with banks latest (22/05) gapps, which solve this particular problem. I have almost completely finished setting up my phone (after several reboots) and the FC hasn't appear. Unfortunately, I didn't grab a logcat (I needed my phone back in order ASAP) but I thought you would like to know.

Thank you for your feedback. It is weird that you have these FCs. Did you also clear the whole data partition when changing between PA Gapps and banks'?
22nd May 2015, 09:18 PM |#104  
Recognized Developer
Flag Trikala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you for your feedback. It is weird that you have these FCs. Did you also clear the whole data partition when changing between PA Gapps and banks'?

Yes, I wiped System, Data, Cache, Dalvik (all minus internal storage) after every flash. I even had a couple of FCs while on banks, but the data clearing survives the reboot, and they are seldom enough that the ROM is usable. I'm leaning towards a google screw up and not a package bug, but still, banks managed to fix it somewhat. So there is some info in there.

If if manage to confirm a more precise pattern, I'll let you know.

UPDATE: It seems to be a problem with the latest 7.5.66 gps apk, the latest LMY48B and location aware apps. Reverting to 7.3.29 fixes the FCs.
22nd May 2015, 11:54 PM |#105  
Recognized Developer
Flag Trikala

Donate to Me
More
Smile
UPDATE: It seems to be a problem with the latest 7.5.66 gps apk, the latest LMY48B and location aware apps. Reverting to 7.3.29 fixes the FCs.
23rd May 2015, 08:46 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 178

Donate to Me
More
what have you done? now not enough space on my nexus 5
23rd May 2015, 09:59 AM |#107  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 211

More
@MastahF
please keep using androidfilehost for pa packages, mega is quite tricky to use from smartphone if you don't have the native app
23rd May 2015, 10:27 AM |#108  
Flag PĂșchov, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provolinoo

@MastahF
please keep using androidfilehost for pa packages, mega is quite tricky to use from smartphone if you don't have the native app

How to download without mega app:
in chrome go to settings, tick request desktop site
23rd May 2015, 01:37 PM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,173

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by provolinoo

@MastahF

I would like to but their upload server is broken at the moment. So this is a temporary solution.

Long term plan is (when the new build script/repo works correctly) to publish automated daily builds via github's release feature.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MastahF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 02:05 PM |#110  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfr

How to download without mega app:
in chrome go to settings, tick request desktop site

Yep, I know this workaroud, this is why I defined it "tricky"
The big problem is that Mega doesn't use standard download system (first it caches the whole file inside the browser windows then send it to the api) so you have to keep the tab open not to interrupt it

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:

I would like to but their upload server is broken at the moment. So this is a temporary solution.

Long term plan is (when the new build script/repo works correctly) to publish automated daily builds via github's release feature.

Thanks for explaining, automated daily builds will be great
When done, we should find a way to check updates within an android app and get notifications without the need to open the browser and do it manually
23rd May 2015, 04:47 PM |#111  
Flag Kristinehamn
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreAch3R

There's a new GPS out. 7.5.68. It takes care of the FC problem. This is the universal DPI: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thools60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thools60 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)