Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2017, 01:44 PM |#4701  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 1,526

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g104

@SpasilliumNexus What's your point? I would like to know why I still stick with the old design even though my Play Store version is 8.2.36 after flashed 12th Sept Pico Open GApps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasilliumNexus

The UI change with the Play Store is SERVER-SIDED

Not hard to understand. Just because you installed the new version does not mean you get the new UI immediately.

Absolutely nowhere in your source states that. Your source assumes that the change comes with the update, in which it does not.

It's not an Open GApps issue. Wait for Google to give it to you.

12th September 2017, 02:39 PM |#4702  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasilliumNexus

Pre-ODEX'ing section: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...es-and-Options

It looked like the right thing,if it worked

This is my /sdcard/Open-GApps/gapps-config.txt file
Code:
####################################
# Enable Smart Pre-ODEXing of APKs
####################################
# To enable Pre-ODEXing on ROMs the PreODEX can be used.
# (un-comment to activate the selection)
PreODEX
and I installed open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20170718.zip, which resulted in the following log: https://www.hastebin.com/obucatezix.rb

Which appears to have picked up my preodex flag:
Code:
             Smart ART Pre-ODEX | true [preodex]
# Begin User's gapps-config
PreODEX
But there were no "oat" directories created with the ODEX files.

For example, when I check one of the APK's from the ODEX'd ROM
Code:
xt907:/ # ls -lR /system/priv-app/Dialer/
/system/priv-app/Dialer/:
total 7396
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7565669 2009-01-01 01:00 Dialer.apk
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    4096 2009-01-01 01:00 oat

/system/priv-app/Dialer/oat:
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2009-01-01 01:00 arm

/system/priv-app/Dialer/oat/arm:
total 10140
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10379744 2009-01-01 01:00 Dialer.odex
while when I check any google app, there are no ODEX files, just the APK's
Code:
xt907:/ # ls -lR /system/priv-app/GoogleFeedback/
/system/priv-app/GoogleFeedback/:
total 484
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 494568 2017-09-12 22:55 GoogleFeedback.apk
NB: I am on my own build of the ROM, and it does have issues. Namely it cant run non ODEX'd apps. And hence my issues with GApps

Is there anything else I could try? or did I do something wrong, or not make myself clear in what I wanted/expected? I also noticed that the play store was updated on first boot, which is probably telling me to get a new Gapps package. Would this possibly be a source of failure?
13th September 2017, 05:26 PM |#4703  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash.galaxy07

Since many months, I'm having the problem that opengapps doesn't adapt/intercept the .gapps-config/gapps-config.txt configurations.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=3657

In my case, on Motorola MotoG2, I'm still using the .gapps-config version (in unix format for end-of-line!), but honestly I didn't try to use the .txt version with current release to check if my problem was solved...
14th September 2017, 06:01 AM |#4704  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Bro, even .gapps-config isn't working. I asume, is there any issue of windows? will I have to create the file with linux? currently I'm creating the file with windows notepad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCalzo

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=3657

In my case, on Motorola MotoG2, I'm still using the .gapps-config version (in unix format for end-of-line!), but honestly I didn't try to use the .txt version with current release to check if my problem was solved...

14th September 2017, 07:23 AM |#4705  
Thanks Meter: 953

More
Quote:

Bro, even .gapps-config isn't working. I asume, is there any issue of windows? will I have to create the file with linux? currently I'm creating the file with windows notepad

You could try notepad++, its free and much better than notepad for scripts etc. Or if possible how about the text editor in root explorer for android?
14th September 2017, 10:55 AM |#4706  
Flag Chittagong
Thanks Meter: 90

Donate to Me
More
@MastahF I never faced any issue with your gapps package . But recently from august 31 , I am noticing each and every gapps package doesn't contain latest google clock and android system webview for arm android 7.1 variant ( as I only downloaded and used that variant so ) . I don't update gapps from playstore , I just update them with the latest package . Can you please take a look at this issue ?
18th September 2017, 10:12 AM |#4707  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

will I have to create the file with linux? currently I'm creating the file with windows notepad

Better forget about Notepad, it's just a "basic editor"! For sure it's saving files with CR+LF as end-of-line!
I save the config file with only LF as end-of-line using EditPad Lite which has a handy menu entry to convert end-of-line, but many other editor can be used!
18th September 2017, 01:17 PM |#4708  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
I'll try with notepad ++
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCalzo

Better forget about Notepad, it's just a "basic editor"! For sure it's saving files with CR+LF as end-of-line!
I save the config file with only LF as end-of-line using EditPad Lite which has a handy menu entry to convert end-of-line, but many other editor can be used!

18th September 2017, 09:16 PM |#4709  
Guys !
Please keep on topic, this thread is about, as per its title, Open GApps project and not "I am working on something that I will tell you soon" or "Forum rules - explained"
Non thread`s topic related thoughts and considered as important to someone must go on private and the unpleasant posts gets reported.
thread cleaned a little
Thanks for understanding
Dan - forum moderator
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xanthrax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanthrax Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 09:41 PM |#4710  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can any of the OpenGapps devs tell us anything about the Oreo versions?

And, for prior versions, I'm curious: Does the partition size check get done before culling already-installed apps that are going ot get replaced, or does it take that into account? It's frustrating as heck to have to use a Nano package, when most of what I want is a replacement for what's already on the ROM...
18th September 2017, 10:13 PM |#4711  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 13,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylhadfield

Can any of the OpenGapps devs tell us anything about the Oreo versions?

And, for prior versions, I'm curious: Does the partition size check get done before culling already-installed apps that are going ot get replaced, or does it take that into account? It's frustrating as heck to have to use a Nano package, when most of what I want is a replacement for what's already on the ROM...

I can't speak for @MastahF regarding Oreo - But if you watch the process when you Flash the Gapps package - You'll see that the very first part of the process is to check for available space - I haven't ever had a problem with available space - But it's logical to think that the fact that the available space check is the FIRST part of the process - It would abort the installation if there wasn't sufficient space.

As for Flashing Nano - That's the package that I always use - Since Google Assistant will not work if you Flash anything smaller than Nano.

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 🇨🇦
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)