811 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,287

Post Reply Email Thread
24th December 2017, 12:41 PM |#5001  
Flag sambalpur
Thanks Meter: 212

Donate to Me
More
whenever i try to build gapps i get error like 1zip is not installed. how do i solve it?

24th December 2017, 01:14 PM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentJoshuaET

You have TWRP, right? Use the file manager there. Replace the NexusLauncherPrebuilt.apk in /system/priv-app. Then chmod 644.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Tried to do it at my existing setup, but at /system i have only an empty folder named "bin".
Maybe because i have not root access?
24th December 2017, 01:24 PM |#5003  
Flag Angat
Thanks Meter: 236

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan_city

Tried to do it at my existing setup, but at /system i have only an empty folder named "bin".
Maybe because i have not root access?

Mount system partition and enable read-write.

The Following User Says Thank You to VincentJoshuaET For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VincentJoshuaET Ad-Free
24th December 2017, 11:54 PM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Quote:

Mount system partition and enable read-write.

Thank you for your instructions. It was easier than I thought.

Regards.
25th December 2017, 11:32 AM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Android for Work?
Hello,
I am looking for a way to recycle some not-very-old smartphones/tablets for business use. For that purpose, I would need that the devices are capable of being activated with an EMM solution for Android for Work.

So far, I tried various devices such as a One+ One, a Nexus 5, a Nexus 7 (2013) and installed the latest LineageOS (e.g. Android 7.1.2) and then a OpenGApps package. Unortunately, with a Nano or Mini package, there does not seem to be enough of the Google code to get Android for Work activated.

And when I tried the Stock package, I could not install i due to insufficient space in the system partition. So I don't know if it would work with the Stock package.

Would it work with a Stock or Full package? Or am I out of luck with my goal anyway?

Thanks!
Kai-Uwe
25th December 2017, 12:10 PM |#5006  
Flag Angat

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuesten_fuchs

Hello,
I am looking for a way to recycle some not-very-old smartphones/tablets for business use. For that purpose, I would need that the devices are capable of being activated with an EMM solution for Android for Work.

So far, I tried various devices such as a One+ One, a Nexus 5, a Nexus 7 (2013) and installed the latest LineageOS (e.g. Android 7.1.2) and then a OpenGApps package. Unortunately, with a Nano or Mini package, there does not seem to be enough of the Google code to get Android for Work activated.

And when I tried the Stock package, I could not install i due to insufficient space in the system partition. So I don't know if it would work with the Stock package.

Would it work with a Stock or Full package? Or am I out of luck with my goal anyway?

Thanks!
Kai-Uwe

Try Aroma for the easiest way. Only install the apps you want.

25th December 2017, 05:15 PM |#5007  

More
Quote:

Try Aroma for the easiest way. Only install the apps you want.

Well ... my main question was: does Android for Work function with OpenGApps on LineageOS?
25th December 2017, 05:39 PM |#5008  
Flag Angat

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuesten_fuchs

Well ... my main question was: does Android for Work function with OpenGApps on LineageOS?

I'm not sure, never used it.

25th December 2017, 06:00 PM |#5009  

More
Quote:

I'm not sure, never used it.

Well, then you missed something!

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I tried Aroma - it only "sort of" worked. Somehow the GUI installer transparently overlaid the TWRP screen and thus it was almost impossible to read the choices etc. - but I managed to get through. However, Android for Work did not work after installing this, either. Some library is still missing or whatever it is that is missing.
27th December 2017, 01:51 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Waiting for Official Builds for Oreo 8.1

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy51

You can change the installer.sh file so that it will work. BB tells you how to in his JDC thread for his 8.1 aosp ROM (page 134).

Will this method work for all devices? I am using Zuk Z2 Plus.
27th December 2017, 05:33 PM |#5011  
Flag Haren (Ems)
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro Enthusiast

Waiting for Official Builds for Oreo 8.1
---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Will this method work for all devices? I am using Zuk Z2 Plus.

Well, apart from the ARM/ARM64 differences in gapps, this method should work. Gapps are'nt ROM or phone specific. On Android File Host you can find 8.1 gapps for various phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kippy51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kippy51 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)