Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by validatus

ok but one recurrent message " android keyboard has stopped "
reboot
same message
so android keyboard does'nt work correctly with the new open gapps

This was very probably related to the same problem with the keyboard libraries that @xonelith reported and shall probably be fixed in tomorrow's build (of July 11th)
The Following User Says Thank You to MastahF For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th July 2015, 08:34 PM |#502  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,250

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_c

It reboots to TWRP on 'installing updated GApps'
If I have 2GB free on internal (sdcard0) it fails (reboot to TWRP without any messages on screen) in beginning, if I have 3GB free it fails in middle of progress bar
How much free space I must have on internal to install stock package?

It should not rely on the sdcard0 for anything during the installation (it only opens the zip from that location, if you have it stored there), so I cannot explain the behaviour you are seeing at all.
Is it 100% reproducable on your device, this relation between free space and the % reached of the progressbar?
10th July 2015, 08:40 PM |#503  
Flag MKADsk
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahF

It should not rely on the sdcard0 for anything during the installation (it only opens the zip from that location, if you have it stored there), so I cannot explain the behaviour you are seeing at all.
Is it 100% reproducable on your device, this relation between free space and the % reached of the progressbar?

Yes it's 100% reproducible
I tried to install from internal (was 2.5gb free)
And then moved gapps to external and tried again (internal ~3gb, external ~4gb)

bla-bla-bla
10th July 2015, 09:21 PM |#504  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,250

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus_c

Yes it's 100% reproducible
I tried to install from internal (was 2.5gb free)
And then moved gapps to external and tried again (internal ~3gb, external ~4gb)

Can you maybe collect a TWRP log after that it did fail? The last log may be found in /cache/recovery/log or /cache/recovery/last_log
but otherwise you might have to attach an adb shell after TWRP has started and then use tail -f on /tmp/recovery.log and collect all the output.
The Following User Says Thank You to MastahF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2015, 09:23 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Hi,

I would like to replace Google Search by the M version I got from kind @Deltadroid in his GApps thread (which I find really useful): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2997368 .

The zip file gapps-lp-google-search-20150530-1-signed.zip is flashable and contains the M version of Google Search.

Thx for any help.
10th July 2015, 11:20 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I have TWRP Recovery v2.8.7.0 with F2FS and JDCTeam Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds from AntaresOne for S4, tried several builder of open_gapps-arm-5.1-aroma, from 20150706 ~ 20150710, all failed, not installing anything. Got the 0614 build from that rom site and it works, but tried to use latest build to update on top of 0614 build, failed again! Can you look into it please! Thanks
10th July 2015, 11:45 PM |#507  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Has anyone been able to successfully use the 64bit GApps package (either stock or fornexus) on the Nexus 9? I tried a few times but always seem to get crashing Google Play Services during initial setup of device and cannot proceed any further.

Only GApps package that I can finish the setup with is BANKS but that only has the basic apps and doesn't remove AOSP apps.

Current ROM is PA 5.1.

Cheers.
10th July 2015, 11:50 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 717

More
I had the 0706 build and CM 12.1 0703 installed. I updated to CM12.1 0710 and then all my Gapps disappeared! Wonder if the backup script was screwed up. I flashed 0709 Gapps and it all came back, but I had to reconfigure all my Google apps. *shrug*
11th July 2015, 12:17 AM |#509  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimbo

Has anyone been able to successfully use the 64bit GApps package (either stock or fornexus) on the Nexus 9? I tried a few times but always seem to get crashing Google Play Services during initial setup of device and cannot proceed any further.

Only GApps package that I can finish the setup with is BANKS but that only has the basic apps and doesn't remove AOSP apps.

Current ROM is PA 5.1.

Cheers.

I am using the current 64 bit GApps package with my Nexus 9 on AICP 10.0. Works fine.
11th July 2015, 12:19 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGolfer

I have TWRP Recovery v2.8.7.0 with F2FS and JDCTeam Optimized CyanogenMod 12.1 builds from AntaresOne for S4, tried several builder of open_gapps-arm-5.1-aroma, from 20150706 ~ 20150710, all failed, not installing anything. Got the 0614 build from that rom site and it works, but tried to use latest build to update on top of 0614 build, failed again! Can you look into it please! Thanks

AROMA 0705 is working After this, no more. But if you wait until tomorrow, I think you'll get a brand new Aroma to download that's working (I hope)
11th July 2015, 05:28 AM |#511  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Does anyone have an issue with these gapps sticking when dirty flashing updates? Everytime I flash a nightly I have to reflash these gapps. I haven't tried other gapps or ROM's yet it's all on aicp for the sprint s5 but other people dont have the issue with the rom using different gapps.
The Following User Says Thank You to hibby50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hibby50 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)