Thanks Meter: 2,336

By MastahF, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2015, 11:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th August 2019, 03:12 PM |#6161  
Thanks Meter: 1,293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB100

Really? So why bother creating nightly GApps packages? Seems a pointless waste of storage? If the logic is to only flash OpenGApps with a new ROM then surely a monthly package would suffice? AND this would be clearly stated on the OpenGApps website as well as in the 1st post on this thread?
I think you are trying to push your own process on other people and pass it off as 'the standard'. It isn't. Not everyone's device has oodles of storage available in the /data partition.
Flashing OpenGApps stops your RW /data partition being filled up when there is space in the RO /system partition. Why would you want an old version of an app wasting space in the /system partition when you install a newer version of the app that has to go into the /data partition?

By all means tell yourself your process is correct. Just don't push it on other people.

GApps builds are automatic. They exist for people who want to flash them. They are not required on an existing ROM. But if you want to flash GApps every day, fill your boots. Now that's (to me) silly. Each to their own.

End of discussion for me.

14th August 2019, 04:18 PM |#6162  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

GApps builds are automatic. They exist for people who want to flash them. They are not required on an existing ROM. But if you want to flash GApps every day, fill your boots. Now that's (to me) silly. Each to their own.

I don't flash OpenGApps everyday. Maybe once a week? I have several applications installed in the /data partition already so wasting more space when I don't have to (i.e. by letting the Play Store automatically update Google apps that are installed in the /system partition) is silly

My point was that you stated:
Quote:

Really? That advice has been given for ages. You flash gapps once and update via the Play Store. Normal. Common. Recommended.

When in fact that is your own advice.
It isn't written anywhere.
It is what YOU want people to believe.
If people with older devices and smaller /data partitions listen and take it as read then they will likely run out of storage.

There are other options. Which was my point.
14th August 2019, 04:19 PM |#6163  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 776

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

Notice that I stopped long ago when he first said he had never heard that before. Was obvious that he had an idea of what he wants to do and will not be deterred.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to githyanki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift githyanki Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 04:49 PM |#6164  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by githyanki

Notice that I stopped long ago when he first said he had never heard that before. Was obvious that he had an idea of what he wants to do and will not be deterred.

Yep, lol
14th August 2019, 08:50 PM |#6165  
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zev Ronso

Thanks a lot! Is the automatic update working, by the way? My Google Play Services is stuck to an old version, too.

Here you go:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulikid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Paulikid Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 09:35 PM |#6166  
Thanks Meter: 1,997

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB100

I think it might be standard behaviour in your world....

I don't know what's the difference between your world and mine ...
It's a free world after all and as I said: It's a personal preference. Just do whatever you want.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
14th August 2019, 09:53 PM |#6167  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulikid

Herr you go:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs

Thanks!
15th August 2019, 08:14 PM |#6168  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Google Chrome in 15.08.2019 OpenGapps build is only in English. Resurrection Remix Android Pie, Samsung Galaxy S5
16th August 2019, 04:18 PM |#6169  
Thanks Meter: 820

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdante381

Google Chrome in 15.08.2019 OpenGapps build is only in English. Resurrection Remix Android Pie, Samsung Galaxy S5

Search function and reading are helpful: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=6132
17th August 2019, 09:14 AM |#6170  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by accuphase

Search function and reading are helpful: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=6132

Yes I'm know about this. Latest Chrome is not on apkmirror in SDK24. Chrome WebView works, but app is in English. This is bug, because on old builds Chrome was in my language(multilanguage)
17th August 2019, 12:11 PM |#6171  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey guys... got a weird problem and I'm not sure if it's Google or GApps to blame. I just installed a clean version of LineageOS on my Galaxy Note 4 with the latest GApps and when I try to restore my settings from Google I'm asked to fill in my screen lock pattern on a 3x3 grid but my previous lock pattern was based on a 5x5 grid so obviously, I can't unlock the backup. Any idea of what to do here? Is it a GApps thingy or a Google bug?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)