22nd November 2019, 07:24 AM |#6361  
Recognized Contributor
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 2,236

More
Open GApps Fail to Boot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescendo Xenomorph

OpenGapps Super / 2019-11-21 / ARM64 / Pie 9.0 no boot, RescueParty no matter what... Lineage OS 16.0 - Mi 5s Plus

Several users on different devices reported fail to boot if you select install the TWRP app when asked in TWRP. That app is fluff, wants to start at boot, run in the background, collect data & is not necessary anyway because the TWRP updates are not frequent & it's easy enough to update manually.

What happens if you install a smaller Open GApps package?

See Open GApps Package Comparison
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curiousrom Ad-Free
26th November 2019, 06:03 AM |#6362  
Flag Garden of Time
Thanks Meter: 1,482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousrom

Several users on different devices reported fail to boot if you select install the TWRP app when asked in TWRP. That app is fluff, wants to start at boot, run in the background, collect data & is not necessary anyway because the TWRP updates are not frequent & it's easy enough to update manually.

What happens if you install a smaller Open GApps package?

See Open GApps Package Comparison

I never installed TWRP app...

The other I tried is Aroma, mine's ver 2019-11-13 / arm64 / configs in the attachment. Which is working OK.
Ah the configs used (removed & excluded apps - in respective format like in the Advanced Wiki) for Super is the same as the Aroma I use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Open-GApps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.7 KB, 20 views)
28th November 2019, 01:34 PM |#6363  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by armars

Hello
why you dont update youtube version in aroma very long time?
it is stick with 14.34.54 very long time

please update youtube too

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Hello
why you dont update youtube version in aroma very long time?
it is stick with 14.34.54 very long time

please update youtube too

Look on YouTube version in versionlog. This version is for Android 4.4+ with few permissions. Properly YouTube apk is sdk Android 5.0+. OpenGapps not repair this... Install OpenGapps without YouTube and download from play store latest version.
1st December 2019, 05:13 AM |#6364  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bug in installer.sh
In the version I have downloaded at the moment (open_gapps-x86_64-9.0-stock-20191121) on line 1145 it says "nopdi" instead of "nodpi". Not a huge deal, looks like you'd end up rolling with nodpi instead of a higher density if you were affected by this bug, but thought I'd report it.
1st December 2019, 08:42 PM |#6365  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 5,535

Donate to Me
More
There is an issue with the latest Gapps when Google Conectivity services are installed. The READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE permission is missing which leads to a bootloop.

Code:
--------- beginning of crash
12-01 08:37:51.665  1182  1182 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
12-01 08:37:51.665  1182  1182 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Signature|privileged permissions not in privapp-permissions whitelist: {com.google.android.apps.gcs: android.permission.READ_PRIVILEGED_PHONE_STATE}
12-01 08:37:52.836  1710  1710 I wificond: wificond is starting up...
3rd December 2019, 04:12 AM |#6366  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to install Gapp on Device Rooted Without TWRP
Hi how to install gapp on devices is Rooted device can access /system and /data
possible to copy past file to /system and grant permission
tell me pls
Thank you very much
3rd December 2019, 06:58 AM |#6367  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
Hi again.

Need some help trying to figure out a mounting issue.

I get error 20 using 10-BETA on two devices.
The initial mounting of system seems to fail on these devices.

Both are being brought up to Android 10 (2SI-SAR)

Nexus 7 (2013) does not have the /dev/block/bootdevice/ path in TWRP.
Device currently has no official TWRP maintainer.

Pixel C has the /dev/block/bootdevice/ path in TWRP but, the partition names are not standard.
boot is by-name/KERN-A system is by-name/APP ... the TWRP maintainer will change the names if need be.

When flashed together the gapps installer errors out an is unable to unmount system (apparently it gets mounted?) so, you can just reflash opengapps_10 and it works because system is still mounted.
If you install the rom and then install gapps, system is not mounted after error gapps errors out.

Work-around.

Simply mounting system in TWRP, in-between installing the rom and opengapps_10_BETA
- Install ROM
- Mount system
- Install opengapps_10

On both devices, adding system symlink to /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ will then let you install both the rom and opengapps_10_BETA together.

If I add sbin/mount system in-between the Mount partitions and Detect A/B partition layout and system-as-root in the installer script, it works.

Or get more elaborate, and try something like this, which also works.
GitHub Commit - Link
Needs to be cleaned up. Please don't laugh too much at my coding skills.

Time to pull some new log files.
Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi - flo) Lineage17 and arm-10.0-nano-20191114-BETA
Pixel C (dragon) Lineage17 and arm64-10.0-nano-20191114-BETA

Debug Logs GoogleDrive - Link

Two sets for each.
- flo/dragon
- - rom and gapps.
- flo-bootdevice/dragon-bootdevice
- - Added /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system symlink (adb shell) prior to installing so I could flash together.

All testing is done with the newest device available TWRP and a complete clean flash.
[I]boot, cache, recovery, system, and userdata (vendor also if an actually partition.) are erased/formatted with fastboot and only TWRP gets flashed to recovery.
For testing purposes, Wipe-> Format and Wipe-> Advanced (all partitions) in TWRP then reboot into TWRP. (An extra reboot after coping files to sdcard/ to clean up the logs.)

PS.
SetupWizard does not work on Nexus 7 and removing provision partially breaks the UI.
Then again.
- It is arm and I'm not sure if an arm SDK29 SetupWizard exists yet.
- Lineage 17 is still being brought up.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ipdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipdev Ad-Free
Yesterday, 11:50 AM |#6368  
Thanks Meter: 10,438

More
@ipdev - Thanks for driving this !

But as mentioned before .. the problem is different.
We don not need to change partition names .. etc.

I fixed it now .. "Mount /system partition too"
https://github.com/followmsi/opengap...d14cbc90e80d37

Pls check with opengapps team and pls take care to get this minor change merged into opengapps sources.

Just repacked a test package quickly .. open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20191114-BETA-test.zip

This way we can install rom, opengapps and magisk in just one TWRP queue.

Cheers

EDIT:
Let me quickly add my comments ..

Maybe it's better to change this line .. https://github.com/followmsi/opengap...88e486eddL1058
Code:
grep -q "/system.*ro[\s,]" /proc/mounts && mount -o remount,rw $SYSTEM_MOUNT || mount -o rw "$block" $SYSTEM_MOUNT
Because I have added "/system" to "mounts" the remount will work.
Code:
mount -o remount,rw $SYSTEM_MOUNT
After the "II" (OR) the script wants to mount .. "$block"
Code:
mount -o rw "$block" $SYSTEM_MOUNT
Like you did - If you add symlink for "block=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system" you make the "mount" command working.

As we dont have slots "$block" will be defined here https://github.com/followmsi/opengap...88e486eddL1038
Code:
block=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
Just for better understanding ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdev

Hi again.

Need some help trying to figure out a mounting issue.

I get error 20 using 10-BETA on two devices.
The initial mounting of system seems to fail on these devices.

Both are being brought up to Android 10 (2SI-SAR)

Nexus 7 (2013) does not have the /dev/block/bootdevice/ path in TWRP.
Device currently has no official TWRP maintainer.

Pixel C has the /dev/block/bootdevice/ path in TWRP but, the partition names are not standard.
boot is by-name/KERN-A system is by-name/APP ... the TWRP maintainer will change the names if need be.

When flashed together the gapps installer errors out an is unable to unmount system (apparently it gets mounted?) so, you can just reflash opengapps_10 and it works because system is still mounted.
If you install the rom and then install gapps, system is not mounted after error gapps errors out.

Work-around.

Simply mounting system in TWRP, in-between installing the rom and opengapps_10_BETA
- Install ROM
- Mount system
- Install opengapps_10

On both devices, adding system symlink to /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ will then let you install both the rom and opengapps_10_BETA together.

If I add sbin/mount system in-between the Mount partitions and Detect A/B partition layout and system-as-root in the installer script, it works.

Or get more elaborate, and try something like this, which also works.
GitHub Commit - Link
Needs to be cleaned up. Please don't laugh too much at my coding skills.

Time to pull some new log files.
Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi - flo) Lineage17 and arm-10.0-nano-20191114-BETA
Pixel C (dragon) Lineage17 and arm64-10.0-nano-20191114-BETA

Debug Logs GoogleDrive - Link

Two sets for each.
- flo/dragon
- - rom and gapps.
- flo-bootdevice/dragon-bootdevice
- - Added /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system symlink (adb shell) prior to installing so I could flash together.

All testing is done with the newest device available TWRP and a complete clean flash.
[I]boot, cache, recovery, system, and userdata (vendor also if an actually partition.) are erased/formatted with fastboot and only TWRP gets flashed to recovery.
For testing purposes, Wipe-> Format and Wipe-> Advanced (all partitions) in TWRP then reboot into TWRP. (An extra reboot after coping files to sdcard/ to clean up the logs.)

PS.
SetupWizard does not work on Nexus 7 and removing provision partially breaks the UI.
Then again.
- It is arm and I'm not sure if an arm SDK29 SetupWizard exists yet.
- Lineage 17 is still being brought up.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to followmsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift followmsi Ad-Free
Today, 08:32 AM |#6369  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I am using LOS16 on Leeco Le Pro3 (ZL1). Dirty flashed 4 December nano version build caused bootloop. I thought it was because of the permissions of Google Connectivity Services. Apparently it was not since editing the permission file didn't affect.

Anybody experience the same thing?
The Following User Says Thank You to ynamojn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ynamojn Ad-Free
Today, 11:45 AM |#6370  
Thanks Meter: 852

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynamojn

I am using LOS16 on Leeco Le Pro3 (ZL1). Dirty flashed 4 December nano version build caused bootloop. I thought it was because of the permissions of Google Connectivity Services. Apparently it was not since editing the permission file didn't affect.

Anybody experience the same thing?

Yep, for me the same. OnePlus 3 LOS16, 4th Dec nano package
The Following User Says Thank You to accuphase For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift accuphase Ad-Free
Today, 03:06 PM |#6371  
Recognized Contributor
Flag monteverde.org
Thanks Meter: 2,236

More
Exclamation Re: Open GApps Nano 2019-12-04 Bootloop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynamojn

I am using LOS16 on Leeco Le Pro3 (ZL1). Dirty flashed 4 December nano version build caused bootloop. I thought it was because of the permissions of Google Connectivity Services. Apparently it was not since editing the permission file didn't affect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuphase

Yep, for me the same. OnePlus 3 LOS16, 4th Dec nano package

Failed to boot & thrown back to TWRP: clean install w/ Format Data + wipe System LineageOS 16.0 on Samsung A5 2017, most recent official twrp-3.3.1-1-a5y17lte.img.tar and open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20191204.zip. Long thread here on Reddit.com/r/LineageOS before we found the problem.

The solution was to Format Data + wipe System again & install LineageOS 16.0 + Pico 2019-12-04.

Could you guys attach the Open GApps log please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)