Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2020, 05:54 PM |#6571  
Flag Issaquah, WA
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart Z

Ever since the last 23rd matrch update, can't see chrome anymore because it's not even installed even after getting selected. Would you please make sure it's fixed because can't do any web browsing due to having only dependence on chrome webview. Hope it's getting a quick fix.

Just to get a little more specific on this bug report...

I notice the problem was introduced during the downtime from 20200311 to 20200321. If you skip connecting to the Internet in the Setup Wizard, everything looks pretty normal except that Chrome is missing from the app list. (It's actually installed to system/app, but doesn't show in the launcher.) However, if you attempt to use the Setup Wizard to connect and sign into Google, the screen goes entirely black after the panel where you can opt to restore from a backup. If you attempt to hit the Back button from this black screen, you'll get a "Google Play services isn't responding" alert.

Looking at the version log (open_gapps-arm-9.0-stock-20200321.versionlog.txt), Chrome, WebView and GMS were all updated in this timeframe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magendanz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Magendanz Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 07:08 PM |#6572  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Google play system update
Android 10, opengapps flashed.
In settings -> security -> Google Play system update, the date shown is September 1, 2019.
If you tap on it, it says 'update available (10 MB)', but if you try to download & install it, it fails (updates temporary unavailable, try again later).
Is this behaviour expected? Could you try to explain what is going on to a rather unexperienced user?
Sorry if this has been asked already, or if this is not the right place to ask.
29th March 2020, 03:09 AM |#6573  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Open gapps arm 7.1 aroma 20200325, if i install Google search, chrome doesn't install and if don't install Google search the pixel loncher doesn't install but i want both Google Chrome and pixel loncher. This Open gapps have a problem to install pixel loncher and Chrome.
29th March 2020, 03:40 AM |#6574  
Thanks Meter: 927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanh403

thank you.It becomes impossible to receive a call or dial a call. Please fix it asap!

Set Google Phone to Default.

At the end of the install in TWRP it displays..
Code:
- Installation complete!

You installed Google Dialer.
Please set it as default Phone
application to prevent calls
from rebooting your device.
Not the most accurate message, since you may not be able to answer incoming calls either.

Under App info-> Phone app-> (Switches to Default apps) Phone app-> select Phone (The Google version) as default.

Double check the permissions, and under the Advanced section make sure Display over other apps is Allowed.

---

Quote:

Ever since the last 23rd march update, can't see chrome anymore because it's not even installed even after getting selected. Would you please make sure it's fixed because can't do any web browsing due to having only dependence on chrome webview. Hope it's getting a quick fix.

Quote:

Not even for android 7.1? My device is an android 7.1 supported device at most. No update since then.

<SNIP>

But my device is an android 7.1 upmost supported device. It doesn't require split apks. Can' t they provide normal apk for old devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magendanz

Just to get a little more specific on this bug report...

I notice the problem was introduced during the downtime from 20200311 to 20200321. If you skip connecting to the Internet in the Setup Wizard, everything looks pretty normal except that Chrome is missing from the app list. (It's actually installed to system/app, but doesn't show in the launcher.) However, if you attempt to use the Setup Wizard to connect and sign into Google, the screen goes entirely black after the panel where you can opt to restore from a backup. If you attempt to hit the Back button from this black screen, you'll get a "Google Play services isn't responding" alert.

Looking at the version log (open_gapps-arm-9.0-stock-20200321.versionlog.txt), Chrome, WebView and GMS were all updated in this timeframe.

Quick question(s).
@DarkHeart Z and @Magendanz

Only the arm builds?

Installing the full stock build or are you using a gapps-config file along with the stock build to modify the install?

Are you also installing Pixel Launcher?
Seems to cause odd errors. (Black screens in SetupWizard and odd UI reboots.)

What version of WebView is selected ?
Setting-> System-> Developer options-> WebView implementation

Notes.

I had a little testing time these past few nights to try a few things.
Clean installs using the full opengapps-stock arm64 builds seem to work Android 7.1, 9 and 10.

lineage-14.1-20200217-UNOFFICIAL-flounder and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-stock on my Nexus 9 (WiFI).
[The unofficial 14.1 builds for Nexus 9 are by the official maintainer. Only unofficial due to LineageOS depreciating official builds of 14.1]
Everything seems to work fine. Trebuchet was removed and replaced with Pixel Launcher.

lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-angler and open_gapps-arm64-9.0-stock on my Nexus 6P. [It's an old build, the last lineage 16 for angler.]
Trebuchet was not removed and Pixel Launcher FC when selected but, Trebuchet still works.
- Will try later (on a different device) to see if Pixel Launcher FC's on an updated/current version of Lineage 16.

---

lineage-16.0-20190926-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead and open_gapps-arm-9.0-stock on my Nexus 5.
[I]Did not have enough space for the full Stock package. So I used a gapps-config file to install opengapps.
The chrome.apk was installed but not available. Chrome webview was not installed even though I installed chrome. The default ROM webview was still in place.

Nexus 5 old unofficial linage 14.1, had some issues with resizing the system image but, I was able to get it to work. Installed OpenGapps stock package and well..
No WebView or launcher installed (Active/Available). Just hanging out on Android is Starting... When I unlock the screen. I can access Settings from the status bar, no chrome or luncher are listed under Apps. Under Developer options, no WebView is available.

Edit:
This post became way too long, so I truncated it a bit and will stop for now.

I'm still testing when I can and will try to narrow down my findings a little bit.
I will leave a line from my Nexus 5 logcat since it caught me off guard and made me laugh.

Code:
01-01 07:02:27.012  1680  1680 D FallbackHome: User unlocked but no home; let's hope someone enables one soon?
Cheers all.

PS.
If anyone is interested.
Might be running down a bad path due to old rom or install error.
Nexus 5 logs gDrive - Link
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065308.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	4980977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065355.png
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	4980979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065430.png
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	4980981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065436.png
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	4980983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065500.png
Views:	252
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	4980985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065509.png
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	4980987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190101-065528.png
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	4980989  
The Following User Says Thank You to ipdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipdev Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 10:36 AM |#6575  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdev

Set Google Phone to Default.

At the end of the install in TWRP it displays..

Not the most accurate message, since you may not be able to answer incoming calls either.

Under App info-> Phone app-> (Switches to Default apps) Phone app-> select Phone (The Google version) as default.

Double check the permissions, and under the Advanced section make sure Display over other apps is Allowed.

---

Quick question(s).
@DarkHeart Z and @Magendanz

Only the arm builds?

Installing the full stock build or are you using a gapps-config file along with the stock build to modify the install?

Are you also installing Pixel Launcher?
Seems to cause odd errors. (Black screens in SetupWizard and odd UI reboots.)

What version of WebView is selected ?
Setting-> System-> Developer options-> WebView implementation

Notes.

I had a little testing time these past few nights to try a few things.
Clean installs using the full opengapps-stock arm64 builds seem to work Android 7.1, 9 and 10.

lineage-14.1-20200217-UNOFFICIAL-flounder and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-stock on my Nexus 9 (WiFI).
[The unofficial 14.1 builds for Nexus 9 are by the official maintainer. Only unofficial due to LineageOS depreciating official builds of 14.1]
Everything seems to work fine. Trebuchet was removed and replaced with Pixel Launcher.

lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-angler and open_gapps-arm64-9.0-stock on my Nexus 6P. [It's an old build, the last lineage 16 for angler.]
Trebuchet was not removed and Pixel Launcher FC when selected but, Trebuchet still works.
- Will try later (on a different device) to see if Pixel Launcher FC's on an updated/current version of Lineage 16.

---

lineage-16.0-20190926-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead and open_gapps-arm-9.0-stock on my Nexus 5.
[I]Did not have enough space for the full Stock package. So I used a gapps-config file to install opengapps.
The chrome.apk was installed but not available. Chrome webview was not installed even though I installed chrome. The default ROM webview was still in place.

Nexus 5 old unofficial linage 14.1, had some issues with resizing the system image but, I was able to get it to work. Installed OpenGapps stock package and well..
No WebView or launcher installed (Active/Available). Just hanging out on Android is Starting... When I unlock the screen. I can access Settings from the status bar, no chrome or luncher are listed under Apps. Under Developer options, no WebView is available.

Edit:
This post became way too long, so I truncated it a bit and will stop for now.

I'm still testing when I can and will try to narrow down my findings a little bit.
I will leave a line from my Nexus 5 logcat since it caught me off guard and made me laugh.

Cheers all.

PS.
If anyone is interested.
Might be running down a bad path due to old rom or install error.
Nexus 5 logs gDrive - Link

The problem Is that if i install pixel loncher i must install Google search, and if install Google search Chrome Is removed, It isn't installed. I Need both pixel loncher and chrome. If i don't install Google search pixel louncher isn't install and remains troubechet.(lineage 14.1)
30th March 2020, 09:15 AM |#6576  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR207

The problem Is that if i install pixel loncher i must install Google search, and if install Google search Chrome Is removed, It isn't installed. I Need both pixel loncher and chrome. If i don't install Google search pixel louncher isn't install and remains troubechet.(lineage 14.1)

What you mean from chrome remove?!
You mean that your websites will be open via Google search?!
What is error about not install Google search with pixel luancher?
30th March 2020, 10:01 AM |#6577  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirizad_7436

What you mean from chrome remove?!
You mean that your websites will be open via Google search?!
What is error about not install Google search with pixel luancher?

the problem is that if I want to install the pixel louncher and google Chrome I can't, because if I want to install the pixel louncher I must necessarily install Google search, as soon as I restart the system I find out that Chrome has not been installed even if I had selected it, doing different attempts I found that by deselecting Google search chrome is installed but so after restarting the system I discover that pixel louncher was not installed even if I had selected it and I have troubechet as louncher and not the pixel louncher. this thing happens with the version 20200325 because with the older versions I can have Chrome and pixel louncher together
31st March 2020, 07:05 PM |#6578  
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hi there,
since last week, I'm facing an issue with Gmail on Oreo 8.0.
The install seems OK but the app is no more visible from app drawer and Google play asks me to install it (instead of update or nothing).
So I guess the apk is rejected by the system.
Maybe a problem with the apk sign or the ref hash ??
1st April 2020, 11:44 PM |#6579  
Thanks Meter: 971

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoaix

I have the same problem with lineage 17.1 in Mi A2, the rom and the gapps are installed well, but when I first arrive at the assistant screen and voice asks me for the pin and returns again to the fingerprint configuration screen. Loops

open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200226

Any update regarding this? I don't see any replies to this post although it's been over a month so I'm not sure if @Nezorflame is aware of it. This is still happening on 202000323 and 20200401 arm64 Nano gapps. Clean flashed LOS 17.1 on my OP3T. Was forced to complete the voice match setup to proceed as skipping didn't work.
4th April 2020, 09:58 AM |#6580  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
I'm on Unofficial Lineage 17.1 with latest, as of today, open gapps arm64 android 10 and android auto is giving me issues. App itself works fine but if I plug phone to car, phone shuts down. Anyone experiencing this?
Thanks
4th April 2020, 11:46 AM |#6581  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 31,101

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterTHEvoiD

I'm on Unofficial Lineage 17.1 with latest, as of today, open gapps arm64 android 10 and android auto is giving me issues. App itself works fine but if I plug phone to car, phone shuts down. Anyone experiencing this?
Thanks

Perhaps missing some permissions? Go grant all in the app info permissions page.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gapps, open gapps, open source, opengapps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)