Well for weeks trying to get odin working, I finally solved my issue. I left out on my previous posts that I had gotten a new desktop. My old desktop was a 10 year old AMD CPU Phenom. After searching for weeks I came across a thread from a motherboards website about USB devices not working correctly and the solution was to install a driver from the USB manufacturer. That gave me a thought because my old motherboard had old USB hardware / drivers and my new motherboard had newer USB hardware. When I open device manager / USB tree, I noticed I have 2 USB controllers: AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and ASMedia USB 3.1 Xtensible Host Controller. Both had a 2019 drivers installed from Microsoft. I searched my motherboards website for Manufacturer USB drivers but there weren't any. Couldn't find a AMD driver and the AMD chipset driver utilities didn't have a Driver for it either. Another thread I saw was a suggestion to install a driver installer program. After installing one, it scanned my hardware and gave me a option to install a Manufacturer USB driver for ASMedia. The driver is 2 years older but its from ASMedia. I installed that Driver and Windows detected a new Hardware. I went ahead and tried Odin and this time it worked . So it looks like the USB drivers for your USB hardware need to come from the Manufacturer and not Microsoft.
Glad to here though you figured it out. Normally problems revolve around USB 3 ports. Ive never been able to make it work with anything other than USB 2.
Sent from my SM-G975U1 using XDA Labs