14th August 2019, 01:43 AM |#171  
Flag Black Creek, wi
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldervamp17

Update:
Well for weeks trying to get odin working, I finally solved my issue. I left out on my previous posts that I had gotten a new desktop. My old desktop was a 10 year old AMD CPU Phenom. After searching for weeks I came across a thread from a motherboards website about USB devices not working correctly and the solution was to install a driver from the USB manufacturer. That gave me a thought because my old motherboard had old USB hardware / drivers and my new motherboard had newer USB hardware. When I open device manager / USB tree, I noticed I have 2 USB controllers: AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and ASMedia USB 3.1 Xtensible Host Controller. Both had a 2019 drivers installed from Microsoft. I searched my motherboards website for Manufacturer USB drivers but there weren't any. Couldn't find a AMD driver and the AMD chipset driver utilities didn't have a Driver for it either. Another thread I saw was a suggestion to install a driver installer program. After installing one, it scanned my hardware and gave me a option to install a Manufacturer USB driver for ASMedia. The driver is 2 years older but its from ASMedia. I installed that Driver and Windows detected a new Hardware. I went ahead and tried Odin and this time it worked . So it looks like the USB drivers for your USB hardware need to come from the Manufacturer and not Microsoft.

Just be careful with those driver update/download utilities. Most contain adware/malware that they silently install alongside said drivers. Always read fine print before granting admin access.
Glad to here though you figured it out. Normally problems revolve around USB 3 ports. Ive never been able to make it work with anything other than USB 2.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using XDA Labs

14th August 2019, 04:43 AM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarrior319

Just be careful with those driver update/download utilities. Most contain adware/malware that they silently install alongside said drivers. Always read fine print before granting admin access.
Glad to here though you figured it out. Normally problems revolve around USB 3 ports. Ive never been able to make it work with anything other than USB 2.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using XDA Labs

Yes so true. I used a open source tool from github. Unfortunately this new motherboard has 2 USB 2.0 ports that go through the same USB Chipset as the AMD USB 3.0 and its using the Microsoft driver so i had to use the ASMedia USB ports since I was able to find a driver that came from that Chipsets Manufacturer. On my old system I was using Windows 7 so practically ever driver on that system had Drivers from the Manufacturer lol. Windows 10 seems it wants to handle all the drivers now.
20th August 2019, 03:56 AM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well done. Was able to flash a unlocked SM-G965U:
- came with "g965usqs3brk2" (CSC of TMB, Andriod 8 oreo)
- flashed to "G965U1UES6CSH1" ((CSC of XAA, Android 9 pie)
So now it's a SM-G965U1!

..... Now only if I can get TWRP and someone to build a Lineage 16 rom for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by realbbb

For those looking for a modded or patched odin 3.13.1 version that is a newer build than all the renamed prince comsy 3.12.3 versions floating around.

I patched the v3.13.1 Odin to offer similar functionality to the princecomsy patch; in that it ignores both the sha256 fails and the model mismatches.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3.13.1, lz4, modded, odin, princecomsy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)